PDA

View Full Version : Steal of a Deal on a 1986 Sea Ray 270!

donzi racer
01-31-2011, 07:30 PM
This has been one of those days! I was going to list this Sea Ray 270 Sundancer in the next few days & sold the trailer that was under it the other day. Well this boat has had over $35,000 spent on it in the last 5 to 8 years. We had a bad storm come up about 18 months ago & had over 10 inches of rain fall over night at the tennessee & the rear of this beauty was on its way to the bottom the next morning. The slip it was in was not very deep thank goodness so it never went all the way under but there was water that got into the oil. We hauled the boat, pickled the engines & called Progressive. The adjuster came out & looked it over & paid for things like new carpet, interior, batteries, starters, alternators, & items like that. They understood that we were getting to the engines later & had pickled them. Well we went ahead replaced the interior, the batteries, alternators, & starters. Then we got to the engines & one engine was locked up & the other had water damage in it so we called them back out to see them. Well they declined coverage & said that they should not have covered it in the 1st place. Lawyers were contacted & 16 months later, check arrived for the engines. To make this disertation a bit quicker, I decided to sell the trailer, the aluminum radar arch, pulled motors, taking the gimbles & drives off & thought would offer the rest of the boat if anyone needed any interior or body parts for around $2500. So the trailer pulled into the marina today to put the 30 foot cruiser on a cradle they had set up for it. 6 guys, a 18 wheeler tow truck, a flat bead wrecker, & a tractor with fron bucket were there in case any situation came up. I pulled up right as they started sliding the boat off the trailer onto the cradle & just happen to have my sony camera around my neck to get some good shots of the Radar Arch, so I started taking pics & here is a shortened pictorial of 15 mimutes of transferring the boat off the trailer. After seeing the detailed pics if you still have any interest, continue down to the next post. Remember, do I have a DEAL for you!!!hahahahahahah

donzi racer
01-31-2011, 07:48 PM
So now after you see those wonderful pics, I have included at the bottom of this post the boat righted again. I was laughing my butt off & all the people working on it were being sure not to make eye contact with me. If they would they would think I was crazy as Hell because I was crying from laughing at the same time I was on the phone calling, guess who? Yes Progressive, is that you? Can I talk to your Claims Department?

I really was on the phone but not to the insurance, I was talking with a Donzi buddy & did not even tell him what was going on at the time. He will see it here, & wonder how I kept a straight face & voice tone while talking to him. The one picture I love the most is the one that my friend that bought the trailer & had the boat hauled over to his Marina to get the boat off. He is the one in the dark shirt on the left with his head down walking away shaking his head back & forth!

Now if anyone needs a real good Sea Ray parts boat, It is going to be Cheap, REAL CHEAP!!! Probably put it on ebay & start it at a $1 & let it rock in next few days. Just wanted everyone to get a good laugh today. Because whatever your problems are, I can usually make you feel much better when I tell you a little bit about my life. hahahahahahahahah Just doing my part!

zelatore
01-31-2011, 08:07 PM
What kind of a red neck boat yard was this?? Have they never heard of a travel lift? Crap, how about just a couple of plain old fork lifts and some straps?

They did a good job of hiding all the beer cans; I can't see any of the empties in the pictures, and I figure they must have gotten through a case or two before starting this escapade! :bonk:

donzi racer
01-31-2011, 08:26 PM
It is a pretty nice place but they are not accustomed to larger boats evidently. They fool with a lot of 18 to 22 footers. The larger boats they work on are under cover in the water. Famous last words of the last REDNECK (here, hold my beer, & watch this). It was a HOOT! Tom

Ghost
01-31-2011, 11:27 PM
What kind of a red neck boat yard was this?? Have they never heard of a travel lift? Crap, how about just a couple of plain old fork lifts and some straps?

They did a good job of hiding all the beer cans; I can't see any of the empties in the pictures, and I figure they must have gotten through a case or two before starting this escapade! :bonk:

LOL.

Uzzet look right t'you? <burp>

Craig S
02-01-2011, 11:09 AM
they are not accustomed to larger boats evidently.

That's funny!!!

mdonzi
02-01-2011, 02:12 PM
did you sell the pipe top yet is this a 30 ft i like to have a pipe to with rod holds like that

Ghost
02-01-2011, 02:27 PM
did you sell the pipe top yet is this a 30 ft i like to have a pipe to with rod holds like that

You mean the rollbar?

donzi racer
02-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Ghost, that is exactly what I was thinking as it went over. We are about to see how strong that roll bar is. It did not get that far thank goodness. If those tree/shrubs had not been in the way, it could have rolled over right into the water right side up. You just have to laugh when things like this happen. Tom

donzi racer
02-01-2011, 11:11 PM

MDonzi, not that I know anything about those thingymajigs but they tell me they are called radar arches or towers or some such thing. This one still has 2 garmin round whatevers on the top. There is room for 6 rods on the arch. It is real neat but the 2 outside ones are adjustable to go out much farther that they look. I will try & load a few pics I got of it while all of this was going on. I just have to come up with a price on it. It is from a 33 foot Sea Ray originally but this boat it fits well on is a 270 sea ray but the length is right at 30 feet. Call me or email me & maybe we can come up with something reasonable. Also where do you live, have to do some traveling coming up & may be in your neck of the woods soon. Thanks for looking, Tom 256-777-0844 mishunaire@aol.com

zelatore
02-01-2011, 11:14 PM
You mean the rollbar?

:rlol::rlol::rlol:

Actually, I always refer to the baggy pants crowd with their wake board boats' towers as 'roll bar boats'. You know the ones - they have 895 speakers hanging from the 'roll bar' powered by 1.65 megawatts of amps yet never actually seem to ski or board behind the boat...

Yup....I'm gettin' old....