PDA

View Full Version : 22ZX engine upgrade help...

Masterkey83
01-29-2011, 10:35 AM
I just read a post from Ralph Crocker and like him I will also be working on a project with Jaime from Lakeside and would love some input from you guys.
I have a '99 22ZX that used to belong to Lil' Grizz,it has a 7.4L w/whipplecharger.I just Installed a brand new B1 XR with Zieger dual hydraulic steering that i got from Jaime at Lakeside.I just got my hands on a 502 HO block and heads and I'm looking to rebuild,swap my whipple from the 7.4 onto it and make somewhere upwards of 600 hp.Funds are limited so have to keep it fairly simple,also dont have access to a dyno and if custom computer tuning is necessary will have to fly someone over to do it.
As Jaime and I discussed keeping the motor as close to stock adn upgrading the valve train to a roller setup will keep things on the simpler side as well as make a more reliable setup.
Also,any idea on what spped i will get out of this combo,I've spoke to guys with 500 in their 22zx and they claim to be getting slightly over 80 on gps...Thanks in advance for any info,Jaime if you read this i will be calling soon with that info :-)

undertaker
01-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Man Jaime is gonna be a busy mofo.....:yes::yes::eek:.....

Undertaker:cool!:

PS Sorry for the little hijack post...:shades:

Masterkey83
01-29-2011, 05:08 PM
hahahaha,no problem :cool:

LKSD
01-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Man Jaime is gonna be a busy mofo.....:yes::yes::eek:.....
Undertaker:cool!:
PS Sorry for the little hijack post...:shades:

Ed,
Dont worry, I already have an idea of when you will want to be in this spring too.. ;)

Should I pencil in a little more time for you & order up a 600sci?... :D Just teasin.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside

LKSD
01-30-2011, 12:28 PM
I just read a post from Ralph Crocker and like him I will also be working on a project with Jaime from Lakeside and would love some input from you guys.
I have a '99 22ZX that used to belong to Lil' Grizz,it has a 7.4L w/whipplecharger.I just Installed a brand new B1 XR with Zieger dual hydraulic steering that i got from Jaime at Lakeside.I just got my hands on a 502 HO block and heads and I'm looking to rebuild,swap my whipple from the 7.4 onto it and make somewhere upwards of 600 hp.Funds are limited so have to keep it fairly simple,also dont have access to a dyno and if custom computer tuning is necessary will have to fly someone over to do it.
As Jaime and I discussed keeping the motor as close to stock adn upgrading the valve train to a roller setup will keep things on the simpler side as well as make a more reliable setup.
Also,any idea on what spped i will get out of this combo,I've spoke to guys with 500 in their 22zx and they claim to be getting slightly over 80 on gps...Thanks in advance for any info,Jaime if you read this i will be calling soon with that info :-)

Alistair, Sounds good. I will be here.. :) Jamie / Lakeside