PDA

View Full Version : Knoxville Boat Show

RickSE
01-28-2011, 01:16 PM
My Dad is in the Knoxville Boat Show for the next two weekends. I guess he has his 33ZX in the show in an effort to attract some attention. He's primarially there to sell small paddle boats but is putting feelers out for Donzi interests in the area. His name is Marty; stop and say hi if anyone happens to go by the show.

dr
01-28-2011, 02:58 PM
I don’t recall any Donzi’s ever at the Knoxville show…is he a dealer or is this personal boat….I plan on going to the show…

Donzi Vol
01-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Will do.

RedDog
01-28-2011, 08:59 PM
the show is usually crappy and I skip it some years. I'll make a point to look for him

Donzi Vol
01-28-2011, 11:53 PM
Tim, give me a shout in the AM and we'll figure it out.

Lanie, will we see you there?:yes:

WifeHatesMyDonzi
01-29-2011, 05:50 AM
When are you gentlemen planning on being there. I am taking the handgun carry class today; but was thinking of going either tonight or tomorrow.
I'm not sure, but I think it runs next weekend also. We can pay 7 bucks to walk around in Donzi shirts and look at all of the pontoons and bass boats :toiletpap:bonk::bonk:

RedDog
01-29-2011, 08:21 AM
UT is playing BB at 4:00 Saturday so that complicates the timing unless we do it in the evening.

Sunday would work too.

RedDog
01-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Met Marty and really enjoyed talking to him. He had the most interesting booth at the show.

You could tell he is really proud of Rick as his son. Being a man thing he may have not told Rick such but he sung his praises of Rick as a son, professional and Donzi driver. Hope to meet you one day Rick.

Now - you must convince him to haul his beautiful 33 ZX up to AOTH this year. He would love it and fit right in with the regular crew.

Me, Cutwater, and Donzi Vol visited with Marty for some time

Donzi Vol
01-29-2011, 06:35 PM
It was a good time...cool dude.

RickSE
01-29-2011, 09:16 PM
…is he a dealer or is this personal boat…

He was & kinda still is a dealer is but he hasn't sold anything in the last few years. The 33ZX is his own boat. He wanted to get a new 22-Classic for the show but decided to focus on the small boat stuff. He has another career so the boat stuff is his hobby.

Glad you guys go to meet him and thanks a bunch for stopping by and saying "Hi".

I've been working on him for AOTH. I'd like to bring my 22 out to his place in TN then we take both boats to AOTH.

Donzi Vol
01-30-2011, 04:29 PM
I've been working on him for AOTH. I'd like to bring my 22 out to his place in TN then we take both boats to AOTH.

Sounds like a good idea. It could be an exciting summer, as the town he lives in is only about 15 min from me. Definitely close enough to do some running together. Bring on the 22...

-David

cutwater
01-31-2011, 11:51 AM
Rick, as the other guys said it was a blast talking to your dad. He had some really cool stuff in his exhibit. And the 33ZX ... Very nice! If you bring the 22 out to TN let us know!