PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Minx Brand New 383 stroker

Germancar90
01-24-2011, 08:40 PM
1987 Donzi Minx very nice condition. Boat has a brand new 383 stroker. Motor has been balanced and has all the good stuff, including forged crank, rods, and pistons. Comp cam, edelbrock performer intake and carb, roller rockers, brand new merc manafolds and imco stainless risers, complete msd pro billit ingnition. Also has all stainless arp fasteners throughout. over 7 grand in the motor alone. Runs fantastic. The drive has been freshly rebuilt also has new gimbal bearing that was just installed. The engine swap was complete about a month ago and the motor only has about 10 hours on it. All the hard work has been done just a few odds and ends and it will be pefect. Boat is very solid and looks great. The hull has been awl griped flag blue but the top sides retain the original gel coat which is in good shape. Comes with an all aluminum Karavan trailer which is 4 years old. Has full flush out system as well as brakes. Works flawlessly. I really love this boat but need the money to start up a buisness. I am open to offers and any questions do not hesitate. Price is negotiable. Give me a call 401-741-8518. Asking $13000 Thanks, Alex

Papu
01-25-2011, 07:07 AM
Is that a Bravo One with a shower?

boats74
01-25-2011, 10:17 AM
Looks like an Alpha to me

boats74
01-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Great looking boat. If it was two years from now and I was settled in Georgia, I'd be seriously interested.

MOP
01-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Nice deal! Yes it is an Alpha which lets it go about 3mph faster than a Bravo, if not beat upon it will last a long time and is about 1/3 the cost to replace. Many of you forget how many decent sized cabin cruisers have been running Alphas for many years, I got talked into dumping my Alpha for a Bravo big dumb mistake. I had a low hour Alpha that if I blew it I could replace for under 2k, now 8k later I have a Bravo and am 3mph slower! I wish you guys would wake up to too much BS about Alphas!

exzebra
01-25-2011, 02:41 PM
Hello Alex. Nice looking Minx. I'm in Jax and may be interested.

Do you have any interior pics you could post? Any rips, etc.?

All gauges operational? Any electrical or ethanol related problems?

What is the weight of boat and trailer together?

Thanks.

Jay

Germancar90
01-25-2011, 03:28 PM

Alpha 1 that i just had rebuilt, needed and upper seal so i just had the whole drive gone through. I added the drive cooler which really helps keep the upper gears cool under hard load. Definitely needed when running a big prop.

Germancar90
01-29-2011, 10:19 PM
bump, price reduction $12000obo boat needs to go!!

donzi racer
01-29-2011, 11:51 PM
Nice deal! Yes it is an Alpha which lets it go about 3mph faster than a Bravo, if not beat upon it will last a long time and is about 1/3 the cost to replace. Many of you forget how many decent sized cabin cruisers have been running Alphas for many years, I got talked into dumping my Alpha for a Bravo big dumb mistake. I had a low hour Alpha that if I blew it I could replace for under 2k, now 8k later I have a Bravo and am 3mph slower! I wish you guys would wake up to too much BS about Alphas!

Phil, So nice to hear that from someone that knows, but you have hit reality squarely between the eyes. How many $1295 replacement alpha style drives does it take to equal one Bravo? Probably a lot more than I can blowout in my lifetime. And the people that know me, know I can tear hell out of a anvil with a plastic hammer. All I know is I have run the dickens out of the alphas I have had with up to around 350 to 400 hp & have only lost 1 in 20 years, & that was on a 260 hp stock Donzi.

Alex, I know the motor has only 10 hours on the motor, but do you have some performance #'s or expectations with this set up? The stock Minx' with 260 HP get about 58 to 60 mph GPS, so curious what this minx with this nice engine setup would do? Have a guestimate what HP or Tourque this 383 is putting out? Thanks, Tom

Buddyc
01-30-2011, 04:46 PM
bump, price reduction $12000obo boat needs to go!!
Where are you located? I am in NJ

Sweet little 16
03-31-2011, 10:02 AM
update still for sale?