PDA

View Full Version : Cover for 22C

RedDog
01-24-2011, 08:57 AM
I am looking for recommendations for an off-the-shelf cover for a 22 Classic - any suggestions would be welcomed...

Tony
01-24-2011, 09:18 AM
I bought a Taylor Made custom cover, "Hot Shot" material, from iboats.com

http://boatcovers.iboats.com/Donzi/22_Classic/?session_id=909660955&cart_id=954315093

It fits like a glove, so much so that I was able to tow with it out of the box.

It came with four tie-downs on each side, but I doubled that to eight and switched the straps to thick shock cord to ease the strain on each attachment point.

zelatore
01-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Can't recall without looking, but I think mine is a Taylor as well. Price seems to be about the same - around $400.

Works very well. I've towed cross-country with it with no problms other than putting some tape around the bungies to make sure they didin't vibrate in the wind and scuff the hull.

mc donzi
01-24-2011, 12:16 PM
I bought a Taylor Made custom cover, "Hot Shot" material, from iboats.com

http://boatcovers.iboats.com/Donzi/22_Classic/?session_id=909660955&cart_id=954315093

It fits like a glove, so much so that I was able to tow with it out of the box.

It came with four tie-downs on each side, but I doubled that to eight and switched the straps to thick shock cord to ease the strain on each attachment point.

Does that Taylor Made cover the hull sides down to the boot stripe??

Fishermanjm
01-24-2011, 12:25 PM
that one on iboats looks pretty good,,, not too pricey

zelatore
01-24-2011, 02:38 PM
Does that Taylor Made cover the hull sides down to the boot stripe??

Mine only comes down over the rub rail, not even close to the boot stripe. I don't know anything off the shelf that comes that far down.

BlakeSullivan
01-24-2011, 03:36 PM
I purchase the Custom cover from Taylor made from Iboats and it is the worst fitting cover I have ever owned, normally taylor made covers and great but this thing fits like a Wallmart special. Just my two cents

Tony
01-24-2011, 05:01 PM
I purchase the Custom cover from Taylor made from Iboats and it is the worst fitting cover I have ever owned, normally taylor made covers and great but this thing fits like a Wallmart special. Just my two cents

I notice on their site that they list a "custom" cover and a "semi-custom" cover. Is it possible that you have the semi-custom? It's hard to believe that there would be such a discrepancy between two "custom" covers.

BlakeSullivan
01-24-2011, 09:17 PM
I wish but no it was the custom and I spoke with Taylor Made and they said that the cover was made to the 22 spec's so I guess there tape measure was off:confused:

undertaker
01-25-2011, 07:08 AM
www.coverquest.com

they make a very nice cover for the 22, I have had mine for six years and tow with it on most of the time....no issues at all, just protect the boat with some chaffing material and the cover fits great...Dr. Dan, Air22 both have the same cover and also have no issues....get the sunbrella fabric...:yes::yes::pimp:

Undertaker:cool!:

Carl C
01-25-2011, 08:23 AM
If you just need a dust cover for indoor use and occasional outdoor use you can't beat the one I picked up for $50 at K-mart. It fits the boat very nice and is decent quality. I wish I had pics of it on the boat. Sometimes I take the boat to the cabin near Lake Huron and I use the cover at night. It really is a nice cover for only $50.

LKSD
01-25-2011, 08:32 AM
I also offer boat covers.. I have a few different options for the Donzi classics.

I offer prefab and I also custom make covers. I have a few different materials to choose from, but sunbrella material (which I also offer) will be the best & most durable..

Feel free to call me if you are still looking.

;) Jamie / Lakeside Restorations 570-639-2628

RedDog
01-25-2011, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the input from all - I went with the Taylor Made custom cover in the Hot Shot material. Go2Marine had it for $304 with free shipping.

Would have liked the Sunbrella material, but then those covers are more than twice the price