PDA

View Full Version : I don't recall it being this big.....

fogducker III
01-23-2011, 11:24 PM
Once I started adding the extras on the engine getting ready for installing tomorrow, I didn't think it was this big when I pulled it.....:nilly:

mrfixxall
01-23-2011, 11:55 PM
Once I started adding the extras on the engine getting ready for installing tomorrow, I didn't think it was this big when I pulled it.....:nilly:

did you change the oil yet? inspect it before you put it in,,and cut the filter open ;)

fogducker III
01-24-2011, 01:45 AM
did you change the oil yet? inspect it before you put it in,,and cut the filter open ;)

Break-in oil drained, new oil installed, new oil filter (yes it is a Fram but my Wix racing filters are on order) new water seperator filter, fuel lines all up-graded, check ball removed from fuel tank outlet, new electic Areomotive fuel pump mounted BELOW fuel tank and the oil filter was split after the dyno run......also checked all plugs and did a compression test.....motor goes in tomorrow and should have her flashed up by Tuesday or Wednesday......:crossfing::wink:

Fishermanjm
01-24-2011, 07:57 AM
what engine is that???

Ed Donnelly
01-24-2011, 08:44 AM
A 454 that belongs in a Donzi.........................A$$hole Ed

zelatore
01-24-2011, 10:25 AM

ha!- I know what you mean. When I bolted the blower and all the stuff onto my 502 on the stand it seemed to double in size. I was worried my poor little Harbor Freight "1000 lb" engine stand was going to fold like a cheap suite, so ended up hooking my cherry picker to the front for extra support!

MOP
01-24-2011, 10:58 AM
You are probably going to do this anyway but! Get the engine wiring harness on it now!

fogducker III
01-24-2011, 11:01 AM
You are probably going to do this anyway but! Get the engine wiring harness on it now!

Hard to tell in the pictures but all wiring is attache:thumbsup:d......

Fishermanjm
01-24-2011, 02:42 PM
A 454 that belongs in a Donzi.........................A$$hole Ed
wow,,, ok Ed,,, sorry i asked,,,

cutwater
01-24-2011, 03:59 PM

Um, read the backstory... Pretty sure that joke wasn't directed at you :wink:

fogducker III
01-24-2011, 04:00 PM

He didn't mean you, his signature is A$$hole Ed......:wink:

Fishermanjm
01-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Ok. No problem. My bad. I didn't see any back story I just read
the thread. Sooooo. Big block with turbo's??? Is the intercooler on top
of the engine???

fogducker III
01-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Ok. No problem. My bad. I didn't see any back story I just read
the thread. Sooooo. Big block with turbo's??? Is the intercooler on top
of the engine???

454, slightly tweaked, with a Procharger, 5lbs boost, intercooler is the black square box at the front of the motor.....:wink:

MOP
01-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Soon to be unveiled another wicked machine, after a few hours depends will be needed until proper seat time is achieved!

fogducker III
01-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Soon to be unveiled another wicked machine, after a few hours depends will be needed until proper seat time is achieved!

....mental note to self..." Pick up box of Depends"......:wink:

yeller
01-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Can't wait to see that thing run. It was rock solid before, and I'm willing to bet it will still be rock solid at the new speeds. :yes: You can give me the Depends. I might need them trying to keep up. :nilly:

fogducker III
01-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Can't wait to see that thing run. It was rock solid before, and I'm willing to bet it will still be rock solid at the new speeds. :yes: You can give me the Depends. I might need them trying to keep up. :nilly:

I am going to be hard pressed to keep your rooster in sight........I will be happy if I see 80.......:yes:

PS. When are you around Glenn? I need to drop off some items of yours and grab a prop or two.....? Give m a call.....:wink: