PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Virus from this site!!

DeltaDog
01-23-2011, 05:06 PM
FYI...I know it can happen anywhere but twice I have been infected with a Trojan Horse virus from the Donzi Registry forum when clicking on a photo or links from thread replies in the Donzi Performance Talk section. The last one completely locked up my computer and I had a nice repair bill to remove it.
CLICK with caution on this site!

OFFSHORE GINGER
01-23-2011, 05:47 PM
FYI...I know it can happen anywhere but twice I have been infected with a Trojan Horse virus from the Donzi Registry forum when clicking on a photo or links from thread replies in the Donzi Performance Talk section. The last one completely locked up my computer and I had a nice repair bill to remove it.
CLICK with caution on this site! can you be more specific on what thread and photo ?

fogducker III
01-23-2011, 05:55 PM
CLICK with caution on this site!

Try an anti virus program on your computer....:confused:

OFFSHORE GINGER
01-23-2011, 06:08 PM
And here i am trying to be sensitive on this forum where no other members are offended .:lol9:

fogducker III
01-23-2011, 07:14 PM
And here i am trying to be sensitive on this forum where no other members are offended .:lol9:

..what...:confused::lookaroun::):wink:

DeltaDog
01-23-2011, 08:48 PM
I was reading a thread titled "Worse paint job ever" and if I remember correctly, I clicked on a link that was in a reply from Carl C. I'm not absolutely sure but I'm not about to try it again to find out.
I've got anti virus software installed but it didn't stop this one.

Carl C
01-23-2011, 09:09 PM
I tested that link a bunch of times and went through the whole thread on OSO with no problems. The first link goes to a pic of the sperm boat and the second one goes to the entire thread of boats with bad paint jobs. I'll delete the post if you guys think there is a problem but it just goes to a thread on OSO.:confused:

I just clicked both links again with no problem. I think something was already in your computer. I wouldn't link to anything questionable. OSO is a very well known boating forum. There is a nasty virus (or mal-ware) that pops up telling you your computer is infected and if you click on "fix the problem" then, bam, that's when the trojan gets in. Were you able to fix it? Try running superantispyware free edition in safe mode.

BUIZILLA
01-23-2011, 09:18 PM
I clicked on it

no issues

nobody on OSO complained about it either, and there are whiners galore over there

pipnit
01-28-2011, 12:22 PM
Ditto, I clicked on that thread too, no problems.

DeltaDog
01-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Based on what you are saying, maybe this virus came from somewhere else, but it sure seemed odd that my computer went crazy the second I clicked on that link. This one has really messed up my computer.