PDA

View Full Version : Guess where I'm going today..???

fogducker III
01-19-2011, 04:07 PM
First person to say, " Doing a dump run.." gets a punch in the nose...:eek::wink:

Finally taking it to the dyno......:bonk::yes::crossfing:

DannyK
01-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Nice !!! What kinda hull you puttin' that bad boy in ?

MOP
01-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Finally you will know, drive careful both ways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Say N20
01-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Let the fun begin!

By the way, how come it looks like a beautiful, snowless day?

Nice.

fogducker III
01-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Nice !!! What kinda hull you puttin' that bad boy in ?

It is a bad word here, sshhh....Scarab......23' SCS........ssshhhhh....:wink:

fogducker III
01-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Finally you will know, drive careful both ways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks man, looking forward to the numbers.....:crossfing:

fogducker III
01-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Let the fun begin!

By the way, how come it looks like a beautiful, snowless day?

Nice.

Sunshine and almost 10*C here today....can you say, "Boating weather..."? :yes::boat:

Phil S
01-19-2011, 06:56 PM
....what kind of numbers are you looking / hoping for ? 400, 500, 600 ? :wink:

fogducker III
01-19-2011, 07:04 PM
....what kind of numbers are you looking / hoping for ? 400, 500, 600 ? :wink:

Looking at the build sheet and talking to guys who actually know what they are doing....:bonk:.......I hope for 500hp+ and anything over 550ft/lb would be a bonus to me....:yes:

mrfixxall
01-19-2011, 08:54 PM
a month later??? :)

Good luck with the dyno pulls jeremy!

BTW i hope you got a bigger oil cooler??
3rd post off a hp 500,,should work good for you..its 3x19.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/swap-shop/244151-cleaning-out-barn.html

fogducker III
01-19-2011, 09:34 PM
a month later??? :)

Good luck with the dyno pulls jeremy!

BTW i hope you got a bigger oil cooler??
3rd post off a hp 500,,should work good for you..its 3x19.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/swap-shop/244151-cleaning-out-barn.html

Thanks bud, everything is on track....I appreciate your input during the build.....tell the ex I say hi..............:party:

mrfixxall
01-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Thanks bud, everything is on track....I appreciate your input during the build.....tell the ex I say hi..............:party:

no problem,,got her on her knee's rite not,,she said gerglegerglegerle!!!! hell i cant figure out what she is trying to say,,she has somtin in her mouth:wink:

fogducker III
01-19-2011, 10:49 PM
no problem,,got her on her knee's rite not,,she said gerglegerglegerle!!!! hell i cant figure out what she is trying to say,,she has somtin in her mouth:wink:

once a pig always a pig......:thumbsup::clap::doh::spit:

Ed Donnelly
01-20-2011, 08:28 AM
Save face (no pun intended) and put that bad boy in the truck until you have a proper boat to install it in...........Ed

fogducker III
01-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Save face (no pun intended) and put that bad boy in the truck until you have a proper boat to install it in...........Ed

:eek:

and I thought you were a nice man Ed......:frown::wink:

As I said to Lenny yesterday, I will be getting this boat up and running, sell it and looking for an 18 with not motor.....perhaps put a 600CSI in it.......:confused::yes:

DannyK
01-20-2011, 12:53 PM
:eek:

...perhaps put a 600CSI in it.......:confused::yes:
Is that the "crime scene" version of an LS1 ?

Ed Donnelly
01-20-2011, 06:51 PM
We don't care what kind of speakers are going in your next 18' Donzi

JL AUDIO VR 600-CSi - car speaker ........................Not nice Ed (LOL)

Carl C
01-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Well? Any #s?

fogducker III
01-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Had a couple of issues, fuel delivery needed to be sorted out.....finally got it running, sounds good....but we ran into a problem.......how the hell do you set the base timing without a scan tool...???

Does anybody know what colour wire we need to ground out to send the ECM into base timing mode?

At this point the engine will start and run at RPM but will not idle.....just need to set the base timing so the ECM can "re-learn" itself....:frown:

MOP
01-21-2011, 05:47 AM
Ah the beauty of carburetors! But in your case with the turbo injection is best. This may help with your timing issue! http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64031 Post #11

fogducker III
01-21-2011, 09:20 AM
Ah the beauty of carburetors! But in your case with the turbo injection is best. This may help with your timing issue! http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64031 Post #11

Thanks MOP....I found out last night from Eddie Young (Young Performance) that all I need to do is jump terminal A to terminal B at the plug on the data cable.....where a scan tool would be plugged in.....:yes:

Jumping those two sets the ECM into base timing mode....:)

Hope to get some decent numbers today.....:crossfing:

mrfixxall
01-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks MOP....I found out last night from Eddie Young (Young Performance) that all I need to do is jump terminal A to terminal B at the plug on the data cable.....where a scan tool would be plugged in.....:yes:

Jumping those two sets the ECM into base timing mode....:)

Hope to get some decent numbers today.....:crossfing:

i just remembered... thats it :)

fogducker III
01-21-2011, 04:45 PM
We dicked around all morning trying to get this motor running right, called everybody I knew for ideas and hit a wall....:garfield:

I then thought about when I sent the ECM out to be programed I had a 1 bar MAP on the engine, later on I was told I need a 2 bar MAP so put a new one on........swapped the 2 bar for the original 1 bar and we got her purring like a kitten......dyno numbers were impressive to say the least.....

563.95hp @ 4500rpm

659.7 lb/ft @ 4400rpm

and the numbers were still climbing, did another run but it hit the rev limiter at 5000rpm....so I assume the guy that reprogramed the ECM screwed up because he was suppose to raise the limiter a bit....:nilly:

End of the day, motor is running great, good numbers and I should have it in the boat this weekend.....:crossfing:

Carl C
01-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Nice. You exceeded your expectations and only got it to 5,000 rpm. What is this engine and what's it going in again?

Phil S
01-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Wow ! That is nice ! :yes:

(i should probably let Ed say this, but that truck is gonna rock !! ) :lookaroun:

Great job and good luck with the install ! :yes:

Phil

Ed Donnelly
01-21-2011, 10:05 PM
I hope it is 4 wheel drive with that kind of horsepower..Ed

fogducker III
01-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Those that know who they are, are a$$holes....:yes::wink:

The motor is a 1996 454 MAG MPI, fresh rebuild with some "tweaks".........and the Procharger......once we sorted out the gremlins the numbers surprised us all....:eek:

I am putting the motor, as we speak, into my 23' Wellcraft Scarab SCS, yes I know, wrong site....:bonk:

Look at it this way Ed, I am getting practise on building a decent motor to put in my next Donzi and when you come out for a visit you will be able to ride in a boat worthy of yours and not feel homesick....ya right.....:boggled:

mrfixxall
01-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Those that know who they are, are a$$holes....:yes::wink:

The motor is a 1996 454 MAG MPI, fresh rebuild with some "tweaks".........and the Procharger......once we sorted out the gremlins the numbers surprised us all....:eek:

I am putting the motor, as we speak, into my 23' Wellcraft Scarab SCS, yes I know, wrong site....:bonk:

Look at it this way Ed, I am getting practise on building a decent motor to put in my next Donzi and when you come out for a visit you will be able to ride in a boat worthy of yours and not feel homesick....ya right.....:boggled:

jeremy,,dont forger! mount that fuel pump in the bottom of the hull,way below the top of the fuel tank..

fogducker III
01-21-2011, 10:57 PM
jeremy,,dont forger! mount that fuel pump in the bottom of the hull,way below the top of the fuel tank..

10-4 that...:wink:

Thanks for your help on the phone etc......you were right about the numbers, and more to come.....:crossfing:

ECM is not right at 5000rpm for the rev limiter, will get that sorted out as I put the motor in the boat.....

Excellent experience with the dyno today....:yes:

yeller
01-21-2011, 11:53 PM
That's nice Jeremy. :yes: You're over stock hp at only 3k.

Do you have have numbers from the 5k pull? Just curious.

fogducker III
01-22-2011, 12:55 AM
That's nice Jeremy. :yes: You're over stock hp at only 3k.

Do you have have numbers from the 5k pull? Just curious.

The dyno computer "aborts" when something "bad" happens....apparently when it hit the rev limiter at 5000rpm it shuts down and the run is not recorded properly.....I saw a "history" of the pull but it was all over the shop....

I am really happy with the numbers at the RPM's we saw and looking forward to the motor installed and "fine" tuned......:yes:

Ed Donnelly
01-22-2011, 09:17 AM
My brother is having a retirement party in North Van on the 28th

I told him I was going to fly out,,but,,Jeremy doesn"t have a boat to take me out in, so I'm not going................Ed

P.S. L&K Jeremy

fogducker III
01-22-2011, 09:43 AM
My brother is having a retirement party in North Van on the 28th

I told him I was going to fly out,,but,,Jeremy doesn"t have a boat to take me out in, so I'm not going................Ed

P.S. L&K Jeremy

It will be running by the 28th....

Just make sure you wear something other then shorts and sandels Ed, it is still a little chilly here.....:lookaroun::wink:

Carl C
01-22-2011, 10:13 AM
You're on the wrong forum. Go away....:woot:

fogducker III
01-22-2011, 10:15 AM
You're on the wrong forum. Go away....:woot:

I think it says, "Whatever you want to talk about" above.....:confused::wink:

Ed Donnelly
01-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Carl C; Good thing we are on" whatever you want to talk about" as I have a question for you.

Do you have F1 2010 PS3 in stock?? ...............Ed

Carl C
01-22-2011, 12:06 PM
I think it says, "Whatever you want to talk about" above.....:confused::wink:

OK, there's a "talk about other boats" section too so I guess you're good to go! Yay

Carl C; Good thing we are on" whatever you want to talk about" as I have a question for you.
Do you have F1 2010 PS3 in stock?? ...............Ed

No good on that. I'm low on PS3 games.

fogducker III
01-22-2011, 12:19 PM
OK, there's a "talk about other boats" section too so I guess you're good to go! Yay

No good on that. I'm low on PS3 games.

But I am not talking about a boat, I am talking about an engine....:nilly::wink:

Ed, I think my kids have a copy of that PS3 game, you can play it when you come visit......:eek::yes: