PDA

View Full Version : Dart Eagle heads....help question!!

DonZi 26
01-18-2011, 04:33 PM
My new engine has been built recently....its gonna have brand new eagle dart heads, (i don't know if they are called eagle or eagle one) they are cast iron however.
The engine i had previously installed in my donzi 26zx was a stock merc 502 carb with the stock gm heads, and i had gil exhaust all the way dry exhaust through the transom. (with tail pipes tailored for this engine mount and height to go through the transom.)
My question is; does anyone know how much taller are the dart heads than the stock gm ones found on the 502 ?? (im assuming they are taller in the first place)
What im thinking is that when i mount the engine in place, my Gil tail pipes which were made to measure for my 502, arent gonna match through the holes when going through the transom....
Did i get this right lol ?
Any answers would be greatly appreciated as im literally puzzled and dont know what to do!!

Rumblefish
01-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Aftermarket aluminum heads commonly have a raised port, and most 18 degree and lower degree heads have a different exhaust angle as a result of the valve lay up or angle in the combustion chamber.(thats were the degree come in to play)
If those heads are a cast type you can call with the number and they will tell you the specs on the exhaust ports.

Ill bet youll be fine considering the less degree of a cylinder head valve (I:E.. 24 deg vs 18 deg) tilts the exhaust port down or inward witch would move your exhaust outward being mounted upward...sounds good!!

MOP
01-18-2011, 06:08 PM
The height is the same as stock, no sweat!