PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Donzi 18 What is this worth?

sasteven100
01-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Owner said boat has not been run in 8 years
He says the motor is good??
Im sure the gas tank needs to be cleaned or replaced
It seems to me I would need to put at least 5k in this even if the motor is solid. That is assuming the transom, stringers, and motor /drive are good
It was a salt water boat
How much would all new seats and carpet be?
Would a $350 buff job bring this back to life?
see the picts and let me know what you think....
The trailer looks good
Thanks,
To me the boat is worth no more than 5k or less
So far the owner will take 6k
Scott

sasteven100
01-17-2011, 09:56 AM
I live in Tampa FL and the boat is near brunswick GA. Anyone seen this boat in person. It will be about a 4-5 hour drive for me to see it. The guy that owns it does not have the title at this time and his story is a little strange. If you cant sea trial a boat something is wrong. If it runs why not clean it up and try getting 10k for it? I was all set to make the drive and when I asked him for the title he said he never titled in GA since he only used it a few times and put it in storage. Once I heard this I told him to get the paper work and call me.....So far no call

fogducker III
01-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Personally..............I would run from this boat.....anybody who could let ANY boat get to that shape should be shot.......:yes:

I understand there are circumstances beyond ones control where boats sit for extended periods of time....but if it is in your back yard and you are trying to sell it......WASH THE BLOODY THING.......:nilly:

The story about the paperwork should also put up the red flag......I would start looking elsewhere......

PS. IF you got that boat for around $5000 (high in my mind) you would need to dump a minimum of $10,000 to get it usable....:wrench:

cutwater
01-17-2011, 10:55 AM
I would stay waaaayyyy away... There are some Classics out there for not much more than that which are in way better condition. That boat is worth $3k at best. You'd spend double the asking price just getting it back in good shape.

DAULEY
01-17-2011, 10:55 AM
ga is a non title state does he have a reg card for boat

DAULEY
01-17-2011, 10:58 AM
i see it was reg in fla he should of got a title when he bought it maybe you can run reg numbers and do a title search

sasteven100
01-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Last time I spoke to the guy I told him we would need to be around 5k for me to look at the boat. He seems to think it is worth 7k. If he keeps it any longer in the back yard he should put it on blocks and at least sell the trailer for $1,000. I explained to him that if his boat is so easy to get cleaned up and running do it and I would be happy to pay more for it. His reply was the boat leaks water near the drive and the drive needs to be pulled and the rubber drive gasket needs to be replaced.....I need to wait for a 1999 - 2002 for around 17k

Rumblefish
01-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Last time I spoke to the guy I told him we would need to be around 5k for me to look at the boat. He seems to think it is worth 7k. If he keeps it any longer in the back yard he should put it on blocks and at least sell the trailer for $1,000. I explained to him that if his boat is so easy to get cleaned up and running do it and I would be happy to pay more for it. His reply was the boat leaks water near the drive and the drive needs to be pulled and the rubber drive gasket needs to be replaced.....I need to wait for a 1999 - 2002 for around 17k

I do alot of restoration on cars and I will apply my thinking to boats.....

If your resources allow you to do the labor yourself ( engine R&R. freshen plus out drive) plan on a 5k invest and then once its running.. wow now its time for paint and interior for another 3-4k outsourced.

If this is the Boat you want for 16k investment years from now go for it.. Or
like you said sit back.... keep building your $$ up then go buy one that makes you go Wow!!!! the day you pick it up!!

I agree with the others and your thoughts on why its in this shape.. Pass

22times2
01-17-2011, 05:35 PM
I would pass if the outside looks like that. What kind of care did he give the powertrain?:crossfing:.This guy obviously does not take care of anything.

MOP
01-17-2011, 06:27 PM
RUN don't Walk! Leaks through the drive Yup bellows! Left to sit that long the gimble bearing will refuse to come out of the transom shield, that boat will be someones nightmare!

Just Say N20
01-18-2011, 11:35 AM
RUN!

You will spend at least $12K - $15K getting this boat back into "Donzi" condition.

You will be able to find a much nicer, ready to use Classic for less money.

JimG205
01-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Sounds like it's a full restoration,disassemble,clean,replace,reassemble,e tc.etc.If your up to it,and have 12-K saved up-and your HANDY-offer a grand-no more-plenty of good deals out there in this market

Inferno
01-18-2011, 02:52 PM
The only thing I can tell you is that last year I purchased a 1997 18 classic that is 1000 times better than this boat. Mine was stored inside,only used in fresh water and had less than 200 hours on it. I paid $10,000.00.

axelkloehn
01-19-2011, 01:56 AM
Owner said boat has not been run in 8 years
He says the motor is good??
Im sure the gas tank needs to be cleaned or replaced
It seems to me I would need to put at least 5k in this even if the motor is solid. That is assuming the transom, stringers, and motor /drive are good
It was a salt water boat
How much would all new seats and carpet be?
Would a $350 buff job bring this back to life?
see the picts and let me know what you think....
The trailer looks good
Thanks,
To me the boat is worth no more than 5k or less
So far the owner will take 6k
Scott

yep, the trailer looks good...:wink:

thatgirl
01-19-2011, 03:48 AM
i have a 1980 with 140 origianl hours a 260 merc. hull deck stringers transom soid as a rock boat needs interior tap the key and it starts right up. i will let you have for $6500.00 this is the best boat ever. just fully serviced runs like new.you can call me at 954-599-9913 thanks tony g

DAULEY
01-19-2011, 09:20 AM
i have a 1980 with 140 origianl hours a 260 merc. hull deck stringers transom soid as a rock boat needs interior tap the key and it starts right up. i will let you have for $6500.00 this is the best boat ever. just fully serviced runs like new.you can call me at 954-599-9913 thanks tony g
post pictures of what you have

Donzinewbee
01-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Has anyone spoken with this guy yet? I called him and left a message.

Tony
01-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Here is the 18' I would buy...especially at the recently lowered mid-winter price:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61653

:pimp: