PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Corsair Powerboats 25' w/Trailer

Cig35Mistress
01-16-2011, 05:48 PM
1988 Corsair Powerboats Ltd. 25' Cuddy Cabin. This is a European inspired, Riva styled sportboat. It was originally powered by a pair of merCruiser 350s with Alpha One outdrives. The engines and outdrives have been removed. The complete rigging, including Gen 1 transom assemblies, trim pistons, pumps, lines, Kiekhaefer K-Plane racing trim tabs, Kiekhaefer Zero Effort controls, VDO gauges, etc. still remain.

The boat is in very presentable, solid condition overall. These were well built boats, ahead of their time, using composites and core when others weren't.

The engines and drives will need to be replaced, and the interior reupholstered from sitting in the weather. The boat is sitting on a steel tandem axle trailer which also needs TLC.

REDUCED TO $1500 OBO!!! MUST BE SOLD!!! THINNING THE HERD AND NEED THE SPACE!!!! Please email me for more information. Thanks for looking

Harry
HSL1048@gmail.com

Cig35Mistress
01-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Anybody? Bueller? Someone must have a pair of SBC's laying around need a project! Make me an offer I can't refuse!

Harry

Cig35Mistress
01-31-2011, 11:45 PM
Reduced to $1500 obo!!! Must be sold!!! Thinning the herd and need the space!!!

Cig35Mistress
02-03-2011, 05:46 PM

axelkloehn
02-04-2011, 01:52 AM
that is cheap!

I would jump on it but that doesn't help you cause I live too far away.

Come on guys, it is a nice boat, don't worry about the work, it can be done :yes:

Cig35Mistress
02-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks Axel, it has good "bones" so to speak - the Alpha transom assemblies are in gorgeous shape, the 4 trim pumps look good, the K-Planes look good, the Zero Effort controls look good, the VDO gauges and Kiekhaefer indicators look good, the dropdown bolsters are great besides the upholstery, you get my drift!

HIGH LIFE
02-05-2011, 02:17 PM
A guy I boated with a few years ago had one with a single stock big block , he could run with the big boys in the rough !!! Very strong boat, well built. "HIGH LIFE"

handfulz28
02-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Can you share a good external transom pic? Remind me where you're at. Will the trailer make it to Ft Lauderdale?

Cig35Mistress
02-07-2011, 03:21 PM
High Life, thanks for sharing your personal knowledge of the boats - I had a friend who said the same thing about them, and was intrigued when I found this one. Too many irons in the fire right now for me to finish it though.

Handfulz, I'd be happy to take some additional photos and post them, I'll try to get to it today, or at the very latest, tomorrow.

In the interest of full disclosure, the trailer is very rough, but it does roll down the road, but at the very least, I'd say the bearings need to be repacked, and it should be a leisurely ride to Ft. Lauderdale, maybe down US1 rather than I95. I'm only about an hour and change north of you.

If it would make the deal, I can load the boat onto another trailer for delivery to Ft. Lauderdale - as long as you have a way of getting it off my trailer once we get there.

Harry

Cig35Mistress
02-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Here are the photos of the transom as requested. Although previously bottom painted, these were predominantly used in fresh water - note how clean the inside of the transom assemblies are, where the bellows seals to the outer plate. With a little sweat equity and TLC, the business end of this boat could easily look like new after a full day's work.

Cig35Mistress
02-14-2011, 10:34 AM

murph2255
02-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Did the corsair ever get sold? old post..i know..

Cig35Mistress
03-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Yes it did, not sure what the status of the project is at present - sorry!