PDA

View Full Version : 99' Sweet 16 V8 $12k (not mine)

tjags
01-14-2011, 10:01 AM
I have NO affiliation with this boat.

I think I spoke with the owner of this boat last year when looking for mine. From the additional pics she sent, it looked VERY nice. I never saw it in person, only photos.

Here is part of the ad and link....

hello -- i am listing this boat for a friend -- this is a yellow and white donzi sweet 16 power boat with the optional mercruiser 305cid v8 with alpha 1 outdrive -- this boat is a 1999 model year however was bought new in 2001 from the dealer - the boat has VERY LITTLE use -- trailer last tagged in 2003!! the boat belonged to...

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/boa/2159556365.html

Just Say N20
01-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Looks to be quite a deal! Good colors, V8 engine, and very little use.

No thru-hull exhaust for someone who wants/needs a quiet boat.

And it has 2+2 seating, rather than 1+3 (I know neither description is accurate, but that is how they are commonly known).

tjags
01-14-2011, 01:28 PM
N2O--Thanks for posting the ad. It's my New Year's resolution to figure out how to do that!!!

I thought it looked like a good deal too. V8, little use, tabs...

Just Say N20
01-14-2011, 03:14 PM
N2O--Thanks for posting the ad. It's my New Year's resolution to figure out how to do that!!!

I thought it looked like a good deal too. V8, little use, tabs...

No problem. The last time I was searching for a boat, it drove me nuts how many of the ads were just a link to an ad that was long gone, so there was no longer any information about the boat. Posting the ad provides as many details as possible for a time when the ad is no longer available online.

On a MAC it is easy to do because you can "grab" screen shots of whatever you highlight, when you press the apple key, shift key and 4 simultaneously, it puts a cross hairs on your screen. Then you place the cross hairs at one corner of what you want to capture, left click and hold while dragging over the image you want. When you release the mouse click it takes a "picture" of what you covered and places it on your desktop.

I don't know how to do a partial screen shot using a Windows computer; it has been too long since I played in that sandbox. I know you can do a screen print, which captures the entire screen. You could then probably open that screen shot image and crop it to show only what you wanted.

jstrahn
01-14-2011, 06:45 PM
On a PC, there are several different programs. I use MWSnap. It's free and easy.

Just open the program and click the button that says "Any Rect. Area" Then drag around whatever you want to capture and it will show up in MWSnap where you can save it as a png file.

I usually just trace one box over the description and save it as donzitext.png and one box over the pics and save as donzipics.png.

Fluffy Foo-Foo
01-15-2011, 01:43 PM
This is listed in Baltimore's Craigslist but is located in Gaithersburg which is outside DC.

I live in Gaithersburg. If anybody needs eyes on it I can take a look.

Steve