PDA

View Full Version : Good words.....

HOWARD O
01-13-2011, 04:54 PM
and a good job by Obama giving his speech yesterday in Tucson. I am fairly guilty (from time to time) of forgetting the fact that there's more uniting us than dividing us and I thank Obama for the reminder :yes: :

And I believe that for all our imperfections, we are full of decency and goodness, and that the forces that divide us are not as strong as those that unite us.

That’s what I believe, in part because that’s what a child like Christina Taylor Green believed.

Imagine — imagine for a moment, here was a young girl who was just becoming aware of our democracy; just beginning to understand the obligations of citizenship; just starting to glimpse the fact that some day she, too, might play a part in shaping her nation’s future. She had been elected to her student council. She saw public service as something exciting and hopeful. She was off to meet her congresswoman, someone she was sure was good and important and might be a role model. She saw all this through the eyes of a child, undimmed by the cynicism or vitriol that we adults all too often just take for granted.

I want to live up to her expectations. I want our democracy to be as good as Christina imagined it. I want America to be as good as she imagined it. All of us -– we should do everything we can to make sure this country lives up to our children’s expectations.

joseph m. hahnl
01-13-2011, 05:02 PM
:salute:

MOP
01-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Overall I thought the speech was great, what ticked me off was him allowing it to turn into a pep rally. He could have garnered massive respect by quieting the audience! All I have heard today at the PO at the deli and again this evening at the market was it was turn around "LIP SERVICE" frankly I agree. Two years back he would not put his hand to heart for our nations flag, yet at this event he was singing to it how shallow can one be not to see it for what it was! It is campaign time!!!!!!!

HOWARD O
01-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Yeah, I've never seen a memorial service that had t-shirts for everyone. I honestly don't think Obama appreciated the atmosphere either.

I was simply pleased to say something nice about Obama, I don't think I've ever had that opportunity.

zelatore
01-14-2011, 04:48 PM
I was simply pleased to say something nice about Obama, I don't think I've ever had that opportunity.

Are you kidding? I thought maybe the black helicoptors had finally found you!

BUIZILLA
01-14-2011, 05:41 PM
good speech

could have done without the circus though..

GBond
01-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Agree....:rolleyes:

HOWARD O
01-15-2011, 07:42 AM
Are you kidding? I thought maybe the black helicoptors had finally found you!

:shocking::shocking::shocking::shocking::shocking: :shocking:

Well, Obama isn't going.......

Ahhh, nevermind. I'll just let my comment stand and leave it at that! :angel:

HOWARD O
01-15-2011, 09:04 AM
I withdraw my previous compliment of Obama. It is disgusting that the democrats used this "memorial" as a giant campaign rally. It is now obvious where the "together we thrive" motto came from, straight from the campaign website. They truly lack any morals whatsoever. How scummy can you they get?

Rah rah, democrats. Hip hip hooray........ :cool:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/johnberry_iv/C94H (http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/johnberry_iv/C94H)

http://i56.tinypic.com/2uer22o.jpg