PDA

View Full Version : New trim pump mount and battery holder.

bertsboat
01-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Just finished the battery tray with the trip and hatch pumps mounted. Getting ready to mount it in the boat.
What do you think?

Rumblefish
01-11-2011, 01:09 PM
NICE....!! get ready to fab up some more im sure !!

gcarter
01-11-2011, 01:41 PM
That looks good and is really impressive.

The only thing I would be apprehensive about is if the battery goes south, you're stuck w/that battery.
Is that an issue?

bertsboat
01-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Thats an Optima marine. Best you can buy and two screws and it's out.

Rumblefish
01-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Agree. 34m optima blue. same foot print as most 34m batteries.

The top may be the only issue should you ever jump to another brand. Ive ran those for a few years now.

Conquistador_del_mar
01-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Just finished the battery tray with the trip and hatch pumps mounted. Getting ready to mount it in the boat.
What do you think?

What a great clean look - very impressive! Bill

Ed Donnelly
01-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Very Very Nice.. Are those 1/4 compression or flare fittings??...Ed

gcarter
01-11-2011, 05:47 PM

Oh, I know what it is.....there's been some folks on here that have replaced them on an annual basis......
I'm just sayin'

But I like it.

Carbo
01-11-2011, 06:03 PM
very nice......I wonder if a larger cutout around the terminals themselves may be safer. The cables seem like they may lay on the top metal or it the battery moved even a half inch one way you could short across the top. I'm sure you have secured the battery but if the cables touch the metal top you may have a bit of a short. Just talking, it is a work of art.:yes:

Greg Guimond
01-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Bert, next you'll be pulling a stunt like the left coast crowd and milling some billet!

bertsboat
01-12-2011, 08:59 AM
I put some rubber on the top and the bottom to prevent movement. I thought movement was an issue too. I also had to tape the terminals before I installed the top. I think the holes for the terminals could have been larger myself but they do look good.
About the replacement of the battery once a year,
You know these batteries don't like to go dead. They will replace it for near free if it is only one year old. There is a trick to charging it to when it is dead all the way.
They at Hardin have better looking and stronger looking trays but my friend got this for free. He does all their polishing work so they chomped it to him.

Fishermanjm
01-12-2011, 11:35 AM
looks good does anyone run dual batteries???

bertsboat
01-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Yes Ed, they are 1/4 compresion. That pump is for the hatch system. The lines are plastic and they go from the pump to the upgraded dress up kit that has stainless braided lins from where you see the hose to the hindges. It adds a nice touch for a small price. The kit is from Eddie Marine. http://www.eddiemarine.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=11873&c=27
Also. The boat is only 14' long and that battery is heavy. Two of them would be over kill but I would run two if I have the systems that required them. IF I HAD HEADLIGHTS LIKE THESE I WOULD NEED THREE BATTERIES!!

bertsboat
01-12-2011, 12:41 PM
I will post a video as soon as I get these working.

Fishermanjm
01-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Bert the headlite thing is tooooo funny