PDA

View Full Version : Anything wrong with my quiet choice exhaust?

Papu
01-11-2011, 08:53 AM
I sometimes have to rev the engine in my 18 Classic to get the exhaust to divert through the prop. Is this normal behavior or an early problem?

Just Say N20
01-11-2011, 09:31 AM
I have no idea about that, but I want to see some pictures of this new paint job. :yes:

Papu
01-11-2011, 09:38 AM
I have no idea about that, but I want to see some pictures of this new paint job. :yes:

I don't think anybody's gonna see it till April, including me.

gcarter
01-11-2011, 09:51 AM
If they're electric, is it possible the solenoid is weak and it requires a little extra voltage to get it to engage?

Papu
01-11-2011, 10:41 AM
If they're electric, is it possible the solenoid is weak and it requires a little extra voltage to get it to engage?

That certainly makes sense. Will check it out this spring.
Thanks!

LKSD
01-12-2011, 12:42 PM
If it is the corsa ones they are known to weaken & melt down needing replacements. The older ones are now replaced by an updated set & new harness. The newer ones still have sometimes done the same thing after a while, but were less prone to it.. ;) J

VetteLT193
01-12-2011, 02:25 PM
mine have been sorta like that since the boat was new. a bit on the lazy side. occasionally it's like semi-silent choice like one or two out of the 4 are just cracked open a little.

oddly enough, If memory serves mine seem to engage best at dead idle Vs. revved up. I figured it was a pressure thing. I'll play more with them next time I go down to the boat, whenever that may be :eek: Even when they are 'lazy' the sound is very quiet so I can't complain.

Papu
01-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Bill, can you give me your email address?

papu@choiceonemail.com

Phil

Papu
05-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Met a guy this weekend that told me that leaving the exhaust in quiet mode when storing the boat weakens the solenoids. Any comments?

Carl C
05-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Met a guy this weekend that told me that leaving the exhaust in quiet mode when storing the boat weakens the solenoids. Any comments?

Maybe if there is a spring in there that stays compressed. Mine always stays on open. I only use the quiet when idling around marinas or talking to someone.

RedDog
05-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Not sure that this appiles to yours. Mine is air actuated and I had a leak. It would divert to thru-prop after a couple of minutes. Sounds the opposite of your problem.

I think (hope) I have mine fixed now with a replaced compression fitting.

Papu
05-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the replies.
Oddly enough, it works perfectly now without any fiddling.