PDA

View Full Version : What to do in Bonita Springs/ Fort Myers FL?

SideshowRob
01-09-2011, 09:24 PM
My fiance ( seems weird to call her that, we have 2 kids, a house and vehicle payments. According to the bank we'll be together for 25 yrs :biggrin.:). Anyways, I will be tagging along while she is at a conference in Bonita Springs, there will actually be 4 of us from Sudbury there. I was just curious of interesting things to do/ look at while we're there? I was considering renting a motorcycle, and doing a bit of site seeing while they work Hah! I know Fort Myers and Naples have Harley dealerships that rent, not sure if there are any others around? Any info would be great, even a cool marina or dealership to check out. Oh, and I got a new pair of mirrored sunglasses today, so I'm good for beaches too :shades:

gcarter
01-10-2011, 10:14 AM
If you want beaches, go to Sanibel Is.
If you're interested in something stimulating, go to Thomas A. Edison's winter home and workshop.
It's a fascinating place, and will keep you entertained for at least an hour.
Some of his original light bulbs are still burning (8 Volt) for more than 100 years inside his house.

MOP
01-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Sitting here in 24 degrees I say enjoy being warm, and yes follow Georges advice the Edison Museum it really neat. It is a really nice area, years ago I rented a boat and did some touring. Buy good sun block as soon as you get the or you will toast up real quick having your winter fade on!

Phil

tmh
01-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Riding from Ft Myers to Arcadia on the back roads would be some of the nicer drives in the area. You will see a bit of the way Florida was 30 years ago.
T.M. Hayes Naples

Ed Donnelly
01-11-2011, 06:01 PM
If you were at the bike show , you might have seen the Harley Trikes

They rent them by the day in Toronto and MIAMI

A real deal too ... only $295 a day....................Ed

SideshowRob
01-11-2011, 10:56 PM
I feel I should reserve comment on that, as I do not wish to incur the wrath of the HD tripod crowd. :wink:
I will keep my eyes open for a 1986-87 Honda 350 X. My tricycle of choice.