PDA

View Full Version : Seattle?

zelatore
01-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Any of you PNW'ers going to the Seattle show later this month?

I'm planning to head up there, mostly to drool over smaller cruising boats like the Amercian Tug 34, and to do a little research for a Nordhavn 55 a client is toying with.

Typically there's not much of a performance boat showing here, but there's always plenty of stuff to get you dreaming. For example, I dig checking out the small alluminum landing craft designed to carry a quad or Jeep and daydreaming about having my own island in the San Juans like Lenny. (anybody keep in touch with him?)

We'll be up there the weekend of the 29th if anybody wants to get together and BS a little.

fogducker III
01-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Any of you PNW'ers going to the Seattle show later this month?

I'm planning to head up there, mostly to drool over smaller cruising boats like the Amercian Tug 34, and to do a little research for a Nordhavn 55 a client is toying with.

Typically there's not much of a performance boat showing here, but there's always plenty of stuff to get you dreaming. For example, I dig checking out the small alluminum landing craft designed to carry a quad or Jeep and daydreaming about having my own island in the San Juans like Lenny. (anybody keep in touch with him?)

We'll be up there the weekend of the 29th if anybody wants to get together and BS a little.

I'm in......I might be able to dig Lenny out of his cave......:yes::biggrin.::orcawhale:

BobinCovington
01-09-2011, 07:51 PM
I might be able to go. Maybe I can do some looking for someone who can work on 1966 Eaton outdrives or a new rubber boot... Oh well, At the least there will be lots to look at and something I will need to buy.

zelatore
01-09-2011, 08:40 PM
Cool. Where's our resident burger-flipper? (yeller) I'm sure if they'll let Lenny into the country Glen should have no problems at all. :biggrin.:

We're staying at the Residence Inn at Lake Union. Michele will already be up there for work and I'm flying in Thursday (27th) about 3:00. We'll be heading back Sunday about 8:00 PM.

We'll have to find a rendezvous point!

I'll keep an eye on this thread for the next week or so and see who else can make it, then we'll set something up.

yeller
01-10-2011, 11:20 AM
I just might be able to swing it. We were going to take holidays this month but had to cancel due to work. We still wanted to try and get away for a couple of days though and Seattle might be the ticket. It would have to be a Sunday get together for me though. I need to work on Saturday.

Don, I don't want to hear anymore complaining about not having the $ to get your boat running. You're just travelling too much. :outtahere: :biggrin.:

yeller
01-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Just checked the (car) ferry service and it's not running from Victoria to the US that weekend so that may stop me from going. I could take the passenger ferry to Seattle or take the vehicle ferry to Vancouver and drive down, but it's something I'll need to think about.

zelatore
01-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Don, I don't want to hear anymore complaining about not having the $ to get your boat running. You're just travelling too much. :outtahere: :biggrin.:

The travel isn't even close to done yet. I've only been back from Canada for a week or so, and Wednesday morning I'm on a plane for San Juan, PR. I'm there for a week, then at the end of the month Seattle for the show for 3 days, then the following weekend off to the Weasel in Jackson Hole, then in March it's Maui for a week.

The only thing I can say in my defense is most of this is pretty cheap travel. Trading out the timeshare for Canada and HI, staying with DW in WY, and staying on (her) company dime for a conference in PR. And all the flights have been frequent flyer miles so far. Even the hotel in Seattle is covered through her work since she has to be up there for customer visits. We have however pretty much tapped out the frequent flyer tickets for the year.

The new roof on the house, on the other hand, pretty much tapped the Donzi budget. Here's hoping her quarterly bonus replenishes the kitty, I sure as heck ain't getting a bonus!

yeller
01-10-2011, 03:15 PM
...I sure as heck ain't getting a bonus!
Of course not. You're never at work!!:rlol:

zelatore
01-10-2011, 08:07 PM
6:08 PM ... and I'm at my desk right now.

(of course, I'm on Donzi.net instead of doing the closing statement I'm supposed to be working on, but I AM at work!)

yeller
01-19-2011, 12:06 AM
Sorry Don, won't be able to make it. Wife has to go to Vancouver that weekend and without the (car) ferry running it's a pain in the a** to get to Seattle. I think we're heading to Vegas for a few days the following week. With all your traveling you must have enough points to hire a private jet and meet us there. :)

zelatore
01-19-2011, 12:32 AM
Actually Michele has to be in Vegas for meetings the week before we head for HI. I thought about coming out for the weekend as I haven't been in several years, but figured doing it right before leaving on another trip would just be crazy.

To bad we won't be able to get together during the show.

Ghost
01-19-2011, 02:21 AM
Actually Michele has to be in Vegas for meetings the week before we head for HI. I thought about coming out for the weekend as I haven't been in several years, but figured doing it right before leaving on another trip would just be crazy.

To bad we won't be able to get together during the show.

Banff, PR, HI...you'll be in midseason traveling form by the time you go to AOTH. :)

zelatore
01-24-2011, 03:44 PM
OK guys, what's the schedule look like for you?

Looks like I'll be getting in Thursday afternoon, then I'll probably do the in-water part of the show Friday and the Quest Field part Sunday. Saturday we're tied up during the day but should be back by evening.

What do you think? Anybody want to try to hook up for a beer?

yeller
01-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Hey Don, I'm out completely.....even if you end up coming over to the island. I'm leaving for Vegas Sunday night.

zelatore
01-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Checked into the hotel, right across the street from the Lake Union part of the show. Going to grab an early dinner and then hit the show when the gates open tomorrow.

If anybody wants to get together give me a shout.

zelatore
01-31-2011, 12:45 PM
Unfortunately I wasn't able to meet up with any of local Donzi owners...man, maybe I need to invest in some Listerine or something!

The show was definitely down from past years, but had decent crowds. I did the indoor part Friday and the in-water show Saturday in a light rain. Virtually no performance stuff. There was a Magic bow rider cat on display, asking $99K with a single 8.1 HO. Nobody was manning the booth. Also back in one corner was a display with a couple of fast looking center consoles and something else that looked interesting but I didn't recognize who it was - not one of the major players. Across from him was a both with a new Merc 8.2, a 1050SCi, and another blown Merc, but nobody was there. :boggled:

I still found a couple boats I could live with, namely a 37 Back Cove and a new 36 American Tug.

it looked like prices were discounted pretty good on the few things I bothered to take note of, at least on the small to mid-size boats. Of course, the two I found most interesting weren't exactly fire-sale priced but it's a moot point anyway as we're not buying a boat this year unless they feel the need to give it to us for 10 cents on the dollar.

yeller
01-31-2011, 12:56 PM
Too bad....timing just didn't work out. I'm in Vegas right now. There never was much for go-fast boats at Seattle. Power Boats NW were about the only people that ever brought anything and they are now out of business.

What happened to the Sidney trip? Was the deal cancelled?

zelatore
01-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Didn't get over to Sidney; the listing broker was working the show and couldn't get free to come over and show the boat. Luckily, that deal is still a possibility (which just means I'll have to return at a later date:wink: ) and he's just ordered me to do a few thousand dollars in work to his current boat to get it ready to sell.

Vegas is terrible. Can't belive you'd go to such a place. :kingme: