PDA

View Full Version : (says sheepishly) "Hi, I used to loiter here alot"

SideshowRob
01-05-2011, 10:48 PM
So I have truly neglected the site for some time, and to be honest the X has been neglected as well. It has been a sort of hectic 2 years. We have a 2 1/2 yr old and 13 month old. I was laid off for almost 2 years (Did not miss work, but it turns out I enjoyed the money :wink: ) So this summer we were in the midst of kids, house renos, camping etc... And with the X not being so much suitable for family outings, what with the diaper changes and lack of playpen space. It was mid September before I even started the boat (Yes I am ashamed) I did start it though... but never got to the water, I still have a couple small carb issues, and the lack of a proper functioning tilt lock ( I know what the problem is, I just don't care for the solution). Combined with the boats inability to maintain a straight line. (I am starting to question if at some point the engine was put back in crooked?)
With all that being said we love our boat and doubt we will ever sell it. It was a ridiculous deal and it's very cool. If it takes 5 years, or 10 years to get it the way I want it, then in 5 or 10 years we'll have an even cooler, even older boat. Don't worry it isn't completely neglected, it is sleeping in a garage waiting for spring (if winter ever gets here?)
We're heading to the Toronto Boatshow on Saturday to drool on fast toys and possibly pontoon boats... I know, they are the minivan of the boating world, but it's a good way to take more than 2 passengers with us for a tour of the lake.
We're also heading to Florida on the 12th of January. Bonita Springs to be exact. The wife has a conference and a bunch of spare time, and we have awesome parents, so the kids will stay home, and we will have a little vacation. Not sure what I'll do there yet, Might rent a Motorcycle and cruise around a little? Any suggestions? I've never been to Florida, but I'm sure I can find things to look at.
Well, that's my update. I am going to make more of an effort to spend time on the site in the future. :cool:

MOP
01-06-2011, 06:20 AM
No matter what you end up doing always keep and eye on the raisins, they swarm this time of year and can appear from nowhere and at times can do great harm.

Ed Donnelly
01-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Too bad you didn't post earlier.. Already made plans for the bike show..

Are you still living in the big nickel??? ...Ed

Carl C
01-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Welcome back.:cool!:

SideshowRob
01-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Thank you, it always feels good to be here with the Donzi folk.
Yessir, still in the Nickel. Still down in Long Lake. Spending far too much time 4000' below surface. It'll have to do though, until I decide what I want to when I grow up :wink:
I think I'm going to make a stop at the bike show on Sunday, provided the boss and the 2 little bosses are in favour of it.
To be safe, I will be on high alert for raisins at ALL times. :cool:

Rob M
01-07-2011, 03:28 PM
A pontoon boat is a good option for Long Lake, and you will be in good company. I saw your X-boat pass by once a few years ago...looked like it was tracking straight then. Don't sell it.