PDA

View Full Version : Forest's 1977 Donzi X18

donzi racer
01-05-2011, 10:14 PM
I know we all need another boat project like we need another hole in our heads, but $ is beyond tight right now, so I am offering Forrest's X-18 for sale here 1st, in hopes that one of the Donzi Brethren takes on this beauty & adds power train where I can see it running around again. I bought this boat about a year ago for myself & was all ready with a 406 cu in chevy & a merc drive to go right in, but have not had the $ or opportunity to pick it up and finish it. Sooooo, even though I will have $4,600 in the boat after pick up, I am offering it for quick sale at $2000 cash to me, plus $700 storage which needs to be paid at pickup. The boat needs to be picked up no later than January 30th 2011. The boat is located in the Eufaula Alabama area. Although the boat does not have a trailer, engine, or outdrive with it, I do have a choice of trailers that could be borrowed or bought cheaply to get the boat home. I could even deliver the boat in the southeastern U. S. very very reasonably. Most of the rest of this description is from the original ad that Forrest used when listing the boat. The pics are from Forrest ad also & as I understand it the boat has been stored under a tarp or boat cover this last year.

For sale 1977 black/white/Crimson Donzi X-18 without power, drive-train or trailer.
As you can see from the pictures, this X will need little work along with your power. The boat is structurally sound with no rot. The gel is all original, however the bottom below the chine has been painted matching white. The original aluminum fuel tank does not leak. The transom is presently cut out for a TRS, and the original Mercuriser TRS gimble assembly is still installed and included. This X-18 also includes a Bilt-Rite cockpit cover that is almost new. Everything that you see in the pictures attached to the boat is included unless noted.
Boat is located in SW Georgia area. TOTAL PRICE NOW is $2,700 for Quick Sale. Call 256-777-0844 or email Mishunaire@aol.com

Donzinewbee
01-07-2011, 11:18 AM
I live in Atlanta. Can you tell me what is needed to get this boat going? Besides engine and out drive. Is the wiring in place? Do you still have the engine and drive you were planning on putting in it? How mucg would the drive and engine cost?

Im looking for an 18 donzi and do not mind a project. But i need to know specifics.

Thanks,

Alex

donzi racer
01-10-2011, 03:26 PM
I live in Atlanta. Can you tell me what is needed to get this boat going? Besides engine and out drive. Is the wiring in place? Do you still have the engine and drive you were planning on putting in it? How mucg would the drive and engine cost?

Im looking for an 18 donzi and do not mind a project. But i need to know specifics.

Thanks,

Alex

Thanks Alex for the interest & I hope the email I sent was able to answer most of your questions. Tom

donzi racer
01-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks for all that showed interest in the X-18 from Forrest's stable. The boat has been stolen-- OOPS, I mean sold (maybe GIVEN AWAY would be a better discription) to a newer Donzi Forum Member. He has some very interesting ideas for the ole girl. This is exactly what I had hoped for, to get her out there & finished up with something exciting for a drivetrain. Heres hoping we all get to see her soon all spiffed up & flying by at a Donzi Event near you.

THANKS EVERYONE, TOM