PDA

View Full Version : Working some of the bugs out.

guy with the red donzi
01-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Hey, Last summer I finally got my boat in the water and had it running pretty good. I have a few quirks to work out but nothing major. First I am putting a new transom assembly in it cause my old one was worn out. I want to change the carb over to a holley. So I'll have to change the intake. But the question I have is who can I send my tach out to to rebuild it. All the guages in the boat work execpt the tach. I checked everything out and I tried another tach and it worked. So I would like to get the tach repaired so I can keep the mathcing set. I really like the guages that I have in the boat, so I would really like to keep leave them in. Any help would be great. Thanks Chris

BUIZILLA
01-03-2011, 05:56 PM
not sure where your located, but I have used Lauderdale Speedometer with success

DonziJon
01-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Hey, Last summer I finally got my boat in the water and had it running pretty good. I have a few quirks to work out but nothing major. First I am putting a new transom assembly in it cause my old one was worn out. I want to change the carb over to a holley. So I'll have to change the intake. But the question I have is who can I send my tach out to to rebuild it. All the guages in the boat work execpt the tach. I checked everything out and I tried another tach and it worked. So I would like to get the tach repaired so I can keep the mathcing set. I really like the guages that I have in the boat, so I would really like to keep leave them in. Any help would be great. Thanks Chris

If your Tach is a FARIA, in Conecticut.....CALL them..you might be VERY pleasantly suprised.. :yes: DJ

Rumblefish
01-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Post some pics of the gauges your seeking in the wanted section!

I was suprised by the amount of members who have a great collection of gauges!!

guy with the red donzi
01-03-2011, 09:21 PM
O yea, the guages are VDO. The other thing with these guages are they are pretty much mint. Thats why I would really like to have the tach fixed.

Conquistador_del_mar
01-04-2011, 10:11 AM
O yea, the guages are VDO. The other thing with these guages are they are pretty much mint. Thats why I would really like to have the tach fixed.

I would also definitely call Lauderdale Speedometer. I had a custom VDO tachometer made a couple years ago to match my older VDOs. It was either Lauderdale Speedometer who made it or they are the ones who recommended who to call. Good luck, Bill

LKSD
01-04-2011, 12:30 PM
We also offer a gauge restoration service. If you have the Vdo's most of them are restorable, but it is not always worth the expense compared to replacing the gauges. If you have the blue water series (Square bezel & domed clear lens) that look somewhat like an air craft gauge, they can be a bit of a pita for the bezels & lenses at times...

Anyway IF my services may interest you feel free to call me.. :) Jamie / Lakeside Restorations 570-639-2628

Pismo
01-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Post a picture. I asked the same question a while back and found a new one was still available.

guy with the red donzi
01-06-2011, 11:20 AM
I actually think they are the original guages for the boat and its a 1976. I thought about replacing them all. But I really like the guages and they aree in such great shape that I really think I want to keep them. I'll try and get a picture up tonight or tomorrow. Thanks