PDA

View Full Version : $4.00 gas by summer!

fasttrucker
01-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Well looks like Iam keeping my 496 HO.....Cant afford any big powered thirsty gas pig now!

gcarter
01-02-2011, 07:04 AM
What's genuinely amazing to me is that this president isn't being blamed for it even though he stopped drilling in our best areas.

The former president was blamed for the last cycle even though he did nothing to cause prices to rise.

Carl C
01-02-2011, 07:16 AM
FastTrucker, I didn't notice any difference in fuel economy between the 496 and the 525.

George, all our oil comes from Canada and Mexico. Domestically harvested oil is put on the world market. I'm not sure I understand the logic in this but that's how it is!

$4.00 a gallon? :shocking: Not again........I sure hope you're wrong.

BUIZILLA
01-02-2011, 07:29 AM
George, all our oil comes from Canada and Mexico. not quite true... Chavez (ego crazy loose cannon in Venezuela) sends quite a bit over here (Citgo and others) so it will be interesting in itself now that he is playing his latest dare game of envoy cat & mouse where this ends up...

MOP
01-02-2011, 07:49 AM
We need to use our our oil, we have larger reserves than any other part of the world. It is insane we could drive prices through the floor and defund these azz wipe nations! Yes we need to get away from burning fossil fuels but at what cost to our nation. That is the one thing I hated about Eisenhauers saying we will burn theirs save ours, little did he know the tree huggers would try to stop it forever. But that will be the bounty of who ever finally takes this nation over!

Donziweasel
01-02-2011, 07:56 AM
Top 10 oil exporters to US-

1. Canada
2. Mexico
3. Saudi Arabia
4. Venezuela
5. Nigeria
6. Angola
7. Iraq
8. Algeria
9. United Kingdom
10. Brazil

Chavez won't do a damn thing. His oil is very low grade. The US is one of the only countries that can refine it and Chavez desperatly needs the $$$$ to battle the insane inflation Venezuela is experiencing.

MOP
01-02-2011, 08:33 AM
If we start using our reserves we could be at the reins of the world in a few short years and repay all of our debt, and more than likely foster a more peaceful world. After all if the Arabs have few places for their oil they could not support the radicals as well as they do now!

Russia jumped on the band wagon several years back, we could out do them!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12103865

Sweet little 16
01-02-2011, 08:55 AM
$4 on the water is one thing $4 on the road is another

mike o
01-02-2011, 09:02 AM

1. Canada
2. Mexico
3. Saudi Arabia
4. Venezuela
5. Nigeria
6. Angola
7. Iraq
8. Algeria
9. United Kingdom
10. Brazil

Chavez won't do a damn thing. His oil is very low grade. The US is one of the only countries that can refine it and Chavez desperatly needs the $$$$ to battle the insane inflation Venezuela is experiencing.Saudi Arabia has the most reserves and O-Canada is 2nd. USA is #12. This Energy "thing" has been going on since 1973, when I was 21. Gee wizz why is that. :bonk::bonk::bonk:

BUIZILLA
01-02-2011, 09:36 AM
and ethanol was the answer to...

wait for it...

wasted REAL fuel and more global warming BTU's to make it, by a 3-1 margin and expense

DannyK
01-02-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm gonna hold off on building a stroker small block and be happy with my 4.3 Cobra !

mike o
01-02-2011, 09:50 AM
I love my thrifty cruZing, 6.2L 70mph (feels like ?) :yes:...... 02 18C. :kingme:

gcarter
01-02-2011, 10:05 AM
[quote=Carl C;586973] Domestically harvested oil is put on the world market. quote]

I think you're thinking of Alaskan oil production which ALL goes to the Port of Valdez and it's easy to export, particularly since no trans Rocky Mountains pipeline exists.

The Gulf of mexico is responsible for 29% of US domestic production AND there's a significant amount of reserves, since the administration stopped drilling there, it's inevitable costs go up. Particularly since so much of our oil pricing is based on speculation.

But my original point was that, on this site, and according to many here, the former president and vice president were the devil incarnate and his primary helper as far as energy prices went. That's all eirily absent now.
I wonder why?

Carl C
01-02-2011, 10:28 AM
[quote=Carl C;586973] Domestically harvested oil is put on the world market. quote]

I think you're thinking of Alaskan oil production which ALL goes to the Port of Valdez and it's easy to export, particularly since no trans Rocky Mountains pipeline exists.

The Gulf of mexico is responsible for 29% of US domestic production AND there's a significant amount of reserves, since the administration stopped drilling there, it's inevitable costs go up. Particularly since so much of our oil pricing is based on speculation.

But my original point was that, on this site, and according to many here, the former president and vice president were the devil incarnate and his primary helper as far as energy prices went. That's all eirily absent now.
I wonder why?

I was under the impression that all American produced crude was exported but you are correct. Googling and researching the oil trade situation reveals that it's a very complicated situation.

Jraysray
01-02-2011, 10:35 AM

1. Canada
2. Mexico
3. Saudi Arabia
4. Venezuela
5. Nigeria
6. Angola
7. Iraq
8. Algeria
9. United Kingdom
10. Brazil

Chavez won't do a damn thing. His oil is very low grade. The US is one of the only countries that can refine it and Chavez desperatly needs the $$$$ to battle the insane inflation Venezuela is experiencing.

There are only a few sites that have the ability to refine Vene crude stateside. Citgo is a no no for me.

Marlin275
01-02-2011, 10:45 AM
America is the Saudi Arabia of natural gas.

Once we convert all those big rigs over

there will be cheaper gas for cars and Donzis.

http://www.pickensplan.com/theplan/

Donziweasel
01-02-2011, 10:49 AM
I was under the impression that all American produced crude was exported but you are correct. Googling and researching the oil trade situation reveals that it's a very complicated situation.

The US exports around 1.6 million barrels a day and imports around 13.2 million barrels. Much of our exports actually go to Canada and Mexico, which refine it and sell it back to us as gasoline and other petroleum products.

There are only a few sites that have the ability to refine Vene crude stateside. Citgo is a no no for me

Agreed. The US is one of the few countries that can refine low grade Venezuela crude. Chavez has been threatening to cut us off for years, but will never do it because he will not be able to find a new buyer. Oil accounts for 90% of all Venezuelain exports.

About 51% of the US's annual oil consumption is produced domestically.

Another fun fact, the world uses 1000 barrels of oil a second.

fasttrucker
01-02-2011, 10:52 AM
The 7-11,s in my area took down the citgo signs after bush was called the devil at the UN.I wont stop at the one citgo station in our town.Ive also heard that all of the gas to the N.E. goes up one pipeline from atlanta.So,It doesnt matter what station you buy it from.

Jraysray
01-02-2011, 11:03 AM
The 7-11,s in my area took down the citgo signs after bush was called the devil at the UN.I wont stop at the one citgo station in our town.Ive also heard that all of the gas to the N.E. goes up one pipeline from atlanta.So,It doesnt matter what station you buy it from.

100% of the gas we refine is sent to the North East and East coast. I cant even purchase my own gas. The sell average is .10 cents per gallon more.

Imagine pipelining from Texas (Galveston) to New England and still getting a higher sell than opening a pump outside the gate. Go figure.

Offset
01-02-2011, 11:10 AM
In Ontario, Canada we are already paying in excess of $4.00 a gallon. Regular gas (87 octane) right now is $1.13 per liter. The dollar is at par and 4 liters roughly equal an American gallon. God only knows what we will be paying in July.

Anyone ever installed oar locks in a Classic??

Murray Adam

mike o
01-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Is $3.00 in NH
Scott, is the Ethanol added to the gas in TX, that I'm burning in NH?

gcarter
01-02-2011, 11:50 AM
In Ontario, Canada we are already paying in excess of $4.00 a gallon. Regular gas (87 octane) right now is $1.13 per liter. The dollar is at par and 4 liters roughly equal an American gallon. God only knows what we will be paying in July.

Murray Adam

Yes, but a lot of yours is taxes.
That's hard to compare.
I think taxes in FL is $.38/gallon (US)

Jraysray
01-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Is $3.00 in NH
Scott, is the Ethanol added to the gas in TX, that I'm burning in NH?

Most of the gas is purchased raw at octane spec and then blended locally to your local (state) specs. That's the way I understand it. Thats way downstream of my job.

joseph m. hahnl
01-02-2011, 02:08 PM
This subject is to infuriating to me.:splat:
I could :uzi::nilly:

Morgan's Cloud
01-02-2011, 02:58 PM
:bawling:

Wait 'till you're paying $8 a gallon ...... :banghead:

mc donzi
01-02-2011, 03:41 PM

Murray Adam

I'm from Ontario as well, spending the winter in SW Florida. Gas in Venice Fla. is just over $3./US gal. If gas goes to $4./US gal and the Canadian price rises at the same rate, that will put it at about $5.70 in Canada for a US gal. then you can add a bunch for the priveledge of filling up at a marina. OUCH!!

mc donzi
01-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Yes, but a lot of yours is taxes.
That's hard to compare.
I think taxes in FL is $.38/gallon (US)

You're right George.. a lot of our cost is in tax(about 32% according to Petro Canada). So at $1.13/litre that's $0.36/litre or $1.37/ US gal.

But does it really matter how it gets to $4.00 US or $5.70 Cdn??? It's still that amount coming out of your jeans. Again, OUCH!!

OFFSHORE GINGER
01-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Hey guys , the bottom line is ...........when the price of gas goes up ..............the less people will spend on having repairs done on there boats .......which also means in the long run they will limit there boating Activities ................. to once or twice a month during the summer depending on there pocket book. Hey everybody , just when things start looking up for the Marine Industry we get hit once again and will it ever end ?

CHACHI
01-02-2011, 05:17 PM
FWIW, Citgo is the blender/packer of Harley Davidson engine oil.

Ken

Ed Donnelly
01-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Well I don't use Harley Davidson motor oil

I use Spectro (Shameless plug) .........................Ed

axelkloehn
01-03-2011, 03:06 PM
:bawling:

Wait 'till you're paying $8 a gallon ...... :banghead:

that's exactly what we pay in Germany :boggled:

fasttrucker
01-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Hey guys , the bottom line is ...........when the price of gas goes up ..............the less people will spend on having repairs done on there boats .......which also means in the long run they will limit there boating Activities ................. to once or twice a month during the summer depending on there pocket book. Hey everybody , just when things start looking up for the Marine Industry we get hit once again and will it ever end ?
What boaters do here in maryland is buddy-up,Going out on different boats each weekend in full boats. They also run from the boat ramp/dock to the sandbar/flats and raft-up.I was on scream and fly and a guy went from miami to the keys and back on 22gals.He has a 21 skater and a 300xs.I was going to go and buy a small skater 24 but,the bay here gets too-ruff sometimes for that.The wife also demanded a cabin and a port-a-potty(which kind of pisses me off as she hardly goes out anymore).So, Iam glad I got a light weight 27zr. It beats me up compared to my old 1998 28zx but my mpg isnt that bad with the mild 496Ho/425hp.