PDA

View Full Version : Poker runs

Fishermanjm
12-28-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm from RI and I want to go to one or some of these poker runs.
Do u need to join the different Donzi clubs? I have heard many
good things about them. So I'm looking for info on them. Any help???

Sweet Cheekz
12-28-2010, 10:37 PM

Parnell

Fishermanjm
12-29-2010, 01:35 PM
sooo when will these announcements take place??? not being a wise guy, i just want to get my info now and not be a day late and a dollar short

CHACHI
12-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Poker Runs America will be a good place to start.

What are you running for a boat?

Ken

Sweet Cheekz
12-29-2010, 04:47 PM
Best place for donzi events is here After the first of the year you will see some announcements

Parnell

OFFSHORE GINGER
12-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Best place for donzi events is here After the first of the year you will see some announcements

Parnell Parn just curious are you talking about having a Donzi event here in are area which would be the Grand haven /Spring lake / Holland area ? Parn, and if so i can not think of a better area to hold such an event considering this area is such a very huge boating community which offers great accommoditations , food and spirts along with lake Mich to boot .

Last Tango
12-29-2010, 08:23 PM
You do not need to join each Donzi club in order to participate. Every club on this forum extends an open invitation to any Donzi owner to participate in their events. For over a decade, folks on this board have been attending events all over the country. Some events have registration fees, and some events are just show up with your boat (or ride along with folks there if you can't bring your boat or are "between" boats.

There are some far more "formal" boat clubs out there that do a series of poker runs, such as Poker Runs America, and the Florida Powerboat Club. These are generally high dollar events with high roller players. But there is always plenty of room for entries for non-members. However, these are not specifically Donzi clubs.

There are also individual events sponsored by local boat clubs that anyone can enter.

Generally, almost all of the events of interest get posted on this board in the events section. You generally get several months of notification ahead of any event, so just cruise the Events section weekly to pick up new event postings. Once January gets here and the cabin fever gets ugly up north, the event plans start popping up.

But if you can't wait until Spring: http://www.flpowerboat.com/#events

Fishermanjm
12-30-2010, 08:09 AM
ok people thanks for that info
I just purchaced a 2001 22 classic with the 6.2 small block. she is white with the Donzi red rally stripe. I got her out of the chesepeek bay area in maryland. soo this will be my first season with the boat. I have lots to learn about the boat before i go on any poker runs and look stupid doin it,,, if u know what i mean,,,

G-MAN
12-30-2010, 08:39 AM
I just purchaced a 2001 22 classic with the 6.2 small block. she is white with the Donzi red rally stripe. I got her out of the chesepeek bay area in maryland. soo this will be my first season with the boat. I have lots to learn about the boat before i go on any poker runs and look stupid doin it,,, if u know what i mean,,,
You will be fine, its not a race more for a good time hanging with other boaters.

mike o
12-30-2010, 08:59 AM
Lake George Dustoff is around Fathers day. Winni is the last Saturday in July. 1000 Islands NY is 1-2 week in Aug. Lake George Fall Picnic is weekend after labor day. See Ya there.....:kingme:

HIGH LIFE
12-30-2010, 03:50 PM
There is a great run on Lake Winni, N.H. I went last year, free entry, great people. I'm from Mass., 16' DONZI BABY O/B "HIGH LIFE"

Sweet Cheekz
12-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Artie
I was referring to what LT I think we are too wave dependent here for a Donzi event and there are so many now anyways I would hate to miss any of the other ones. I am going to try and get to Lake Winni this year. mike O says it is great

Parnell

Sweet Cheekz
12-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Lake George Dustoff is around Fathers day. Winni is the last Saturday in July. 1000 Islands NY is 1-2 week in Aug. Lake George Fall Picnic is weekend after labor day. See Ya there.....:kingme:

AOTH is the weekend before Memorial

Parnell

CHACHI
12-30-2010, 06:35 PM
I just purchaced a 2001 22 classic with the 6.2 small block.

Don't even entertain the Poker Runs America, boat is too small,(unless they have changed from last year). But you can watch at the Thousand Islands and watch them fly by at 100 MPH plus.

Ken

OFFSHORE GINGER
12-31-2010, 03:15 PM
Artie
I was referring to what LT I think we are too wave dependent here for a Donzi event and there are so many now anyways I would hate to miss any of the other ones. I am going to try and get to Lake Winni this year. mike O says it is great

ParnellParn , just curious when is that event and would any other boats be welcome ?

Sidney073
01-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Are there any Poker Runs that 18's can participate in safely? I've only ran in Central Florida lakes, will be venturing into the East and West Coast Florida Intercoastals this Summer, and Peace River/Gulf area around Punta Gorda Florida area possibly to get a litlle "Big Water" experience.
Didn't know if the 18's would be safe for say the Naples or Florida Keys type of Poker Runs. These all looked like they were for larger (30' +) boats.
Any comments, thoughts, or personal experiences?

Thanks,
Sid

TBroccoli
01-11-2011, 12:22 PM

Where on the chesapeake did you buy the boat? I hang around the Sassafras River a lot.

Fishermanjm
01-12-2011, 11:30 AM
jackson marine in north east md.

TBroccoli
01-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Jackson Marine has an annual poker run that is a lot of fun.

Fishermanjm
01-12-2011, 08:20 PM
So you have probably seen my boat at that poker run,,, the previous owner had told me about there poker run. It was a 7 hour ride back with the boat the day i picked it up.

TBroccoli
01-13-2011, 07:02 AM
Do you mind telling me the name of the previous owner? I think I know who it may be, but I'm curious what he is getting as a replacement.

Fishermanjm
01-13-2011, 01:53 PM
jim morrison was the guys name

TBroccoli
01-13-2011, 03:08 PM
I know Jim and the boat. You got a very well cared for boat. Do you know if he was getting another Donzi?

Fishermanjm
01-14-2011, 01:57 PM
yea i dont think jim really wanted to sell the boat, i think i bought it on the last day of his commitment with jackson marine. I have been in touch with him asking him several questions about the boat. Last i know he was going to get into a much smaller boat. He is a real cool guy