PDA

View Full Version : Mighty Mouse x18

ralph crocker
12-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Does anyone know where this boat is NOW!!!! 12/28/10 Please contact Ralph Crocker 248-666-4250

Marlin275
12-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Big secret for some reason . . .

BUIZILLA
12-28-2010, 10:04 AM
it's not for sale...

roadtrip se
12-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Big secret for some reason . . .

I guess you could call it that, but from my view, it is more about respecting the owner's privacy. We all deserve that, if it is requested.

I imagine we will see this beast again at a rally some day soon...

Marlin275
12-28-2010, 04:15 PM
. . it is more about respecting the owner's privacy . . .
I imagine we will see this beast again at a rally some day soon...

that boat screams for your attention . . .
If you want privacy you buy a Bayliner!

Geoo sold the most famous Donzi classic, over 5 years ago . . .
nothing soon about it . . .

DonziJon
12-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Mighty Mouse is nobody's business except the Donzi.net Clique..."ie the "Internal Circle". It's not complicated.... I have been an observer for some time and I have no clue.....except you have to be IN. I certainly am not there.

It's a POWER over you thing. .........Nia nian nian nian..."I know something you don't know..yea yea yea. This has been going on since Mighty Mouse was sold. ...remember the School Yard when you were in sixth grade..........School GIRLS..nothing more??? DJ

Greg Guimond
12-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Spot on ..........

roadtrip se
12-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Mighty Mouse is nobody's business except the Donzi.net Clique..."ie the "Internal Circle". It's not complicated.... I have been an observer for some time and I have no clue.....except you have to be IN. I certainly am not there.
It's a POWER over you thing. .........Nia nian nian nian..."I know something you don't know..yea yea yea. This has been going on since Mighty Mouse was sold. ...remember the School Yard when you were in sixth grade..........School GIRLS..nothing more??? DJ

Actually, this post takes me back to school girl antics, childhood immaturity, and name calling/bullying; more than anything else on this thread.

Thanks, DJ.

I would expect you as this site's registered "Conservative Member" to understand the concepts of privacy, discretion, and respect for personal freedom to share what someone wants to share, when they want to share it. It's a free country isn't it? I thought these were conservative principles. To boil it down for you, it is about trust. That simple.

Now, please feel free to go back to your little temper-tantrum. Geesh.

DonziJon
12-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Now, please feel free to go back to your little temper-tantrum. Geesh.

Up until this line......I was in agreement with you..well thought out...THEN YOU Blew it. Oh Well. :bonk:

Greg Guimond
12-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Agree with some and disagree with some. When you have a boat that represents an epic and substantiated effort, amongst such a small group of afficianado's, its normal to provide details for the "folklore file". Certainly not name and number details, but good sport details.

sweet 16 1966
12-28-2010, 08:34 PM
I always believe information will find its way to you when its time.
Respect the owners reason for privacy-whatever it is.

Wikipedia-
Patience is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without acting on annoyance/anger in a negative way; or exhibiting forbearance when under strain, especially when faced with longer-term difficulties. Patience is the level of endurance one's character can take before negativity.

Marlin275
12-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Wikipedia-
Patience is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without acting on annoyance/anger in a negative way; or exhibiting forbearance when under strain, especially when faced with longer-term difficulties. Patience is the level of endurance one's character can take before negativity.

Here in a New York minute
patience is a few days?
5 years is more time than Don Aronow owns a boat company . . . :wink:

Mayor Appeals for Patience as City Struggles With Cleanup
Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg said that New York City was doing all it could to clear the streets, but he couldn’t say when the work would be finished.

BUIZILLA
12-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Mayor Appeals for Patience as City Struggles With Cleanup
Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg said that New York City was doing all it could to clear the streets, but he couldn’t say when the work would be finished. put a plow on the front of your Murano and you'll be a Wall Street hero

gero1
12-28-2010, 09:10 PM
post 4 was fine and you should have let it go at that...still striving to be a big deal? stirring the pot and calling the kettle black? begging for attention? all 3?

Marlin275
12-28-2010, 09:14 PM
put a plow on the front of your Murano and you'll be a Wall Street hero

We keep it in the back where your third row jump seat is . . .

roadtrip se
12-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Up until this line......I was in agreement with you..well thought out...THEN YOU Blew it. Oh Well. :bonk:

Thanks for the chuckle, Jon. But, I don't buy it.

Probably the biggest thing that annoys me about this repetitive theme over the past couple of years from you is the fact that you think you can judge this community, or part of it I guess, as a "clique" from participating on an internet blog. That is just sad. And very assumptive.

Invest a little time, come to a rally like ours at Lake Cumberland, and you will realize just how wrong you really are about these folks. People from all walks of life and backgrounds, old and new faces enjoying a common interest, and good folks for the most part. Farthest thing from a "clique". So let it rest.

roadtrip se
12-28-2010, 09:33 PM
post 4 was fine and you should have let it go at that...still striving to be a big deal? stirring the pot and calling the kettle black? begging for attention? all 3?

I have no idea what you are talking about here. I guess it must be some sort of critique which I didn't ask for, nor do I care about from you.

As I have said before, if you got something to talk to me about, you have all of my numbers, and feel free to give me a call any time.

Happy New Year to you.

Greg Guimond
12-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Actually Jim, Wall Street was, and is, fully plowed so not to worry :wink:

zelatore
12-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Wow, a clique thread. I haven't seen one of these in a couple years...:popcorn:

Sweet Cheekz
12-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Who sets the time frame for when info has to be released on Mighty Mouse?

Parnell

Marlin275
12-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Mighty Mouse?Parnell

It's not really as mighty a mouse anymore . . .

BUIZILLA
12-29-2010, 06:37 AM
It's not really as mighty a mouse anymore . . .wrong again plow man, actually it is as strong as ever... I was in it pretty recently, in fact I did the tuneup work on it.. it'll still cruise at 90 with 4 people @5200, with another 2,000 rpm to go..

Donziweasel
12-29-2010, 07:07 AM
First off,.....ah, never mind.....

Mighty Mouse is still around and doin' fine...... :)

joseph m. hahnl
12-29-2010, 07:32 AM
wrong again plow man, actually it is as strong as ever... I was in it pretty recently, in fact I did the tuneup work on it.. it'll still cruise at 90 with 4 people @5200, with another 2,000 rpm to go..

Does it still have the Arneson ?
http://www.arneson-industries.com/products/drives/Cut-Away_tn.jpg

BUIZILLA
12-29-2010, 08:02 AM
yup..................... :shades:

Greg Guimond
12-29-2010, 08:06 AM
What was Mighty Mouse's best speed run, back in the day? I thought I saw 115-120 ish?

BUIZILLA
12-29-2010, 08:07 AM
120ish...

Just Say N20
12-29-2010, 08:15 AM
wrong again plow man, actually it is as strong as ever... I was in it pretty recently, in fact I did the tuneup work on it.. it'll still cruise at 90 with 4 people @5200, with another 2,000 rpm to go..

First off,.....ah, never mind.....

Mighty Mouse is still around and doin' fine......

Just a wild guess that these are the type of comments the lead to the "clique" comments.

It is such a remarkable boat, that I am looking forward to hearing more about it, whenever the "coming out" time might be. I'm glad to hear it is as strong as ever, and I thought I read in another post that it was repainted.

roadtrip se
12-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Just a wild guess that these are the type of comments the lead to the "clique" comments.

I guess if a friend helping a friend tune his boat means that there is a "clique", then you are correct. Me? I'll just stick with the term, friend.

To my earlier point, I do know that this "friendship/clique" did not develop on this web site.

Donziweasel
12-29-2010, 08:57 AM

Is Silverback back? He thought there was not only a clique, but a conspiracy on here. He could not be farther from the truth.

There are members who have gone to lengths to develop friendships on here outside of just chatting on this board. Visiting other members, attending events, chatting through email, phone calls, even facebook. I have made freinds with many members that have similar interests, etc.......and keep in touch with them outside of just donzi.net or d.org. I have visited some of them, and some of them have visited me.

There are many members who are simply happy just chatting on this board and are not looking for more. This is fine.

Also, in a big group, and donzi.net is has over 10,000 members, certain individuals will tend to gravitate towards each other.

Now, whenever a topic come up like this where certain members know the answer to a question and for whatever reason do not feel it is thier place to divuldge the information (in this case, it is out of privacy for the owner), the "clique" word comes out. Those members should ask themselves if they are simply members of a chat board or part of the community. Have they made a concerted effort to get to know other members on a basis other than this media, or are they content to simply remain a member of a chat board, which is perfectly fine.

Just Say N20
12-29-2010, 09:14 AM
I'm not making any accusations at all. As one member likes to state, "I've got no dog in this fight."

Just an observation the I could understand how some board participants could interpret the types of statements I quoted.

I, for one, am going to make a concerted effort to finish my Ski-Sporter and tow it to AOTH next year to meet some of the board participants in person, as per Roadtrip SE's recommendation.

Marlin275
12-29-2010, 09:25 AM

08-29-2009, 09:58 PM

with the current mild tune, and mediocre prop, it now cruises at 91 w/ 4 people, full fuel, relaxing, and had another 1300 rpm to go.. :eek: :shades: I tuned it and I was in it... :kingme:

Geoo's Mouse was too Mighty . . .

Geoo was not tuning it down to make history, explain

Name That Tune Man.

blackboat
12-29-2010, 09:29 AM
120ish...

Is there any GPS verification of this 120 mph ? The fastest GPS reading I have seen was 98 mph . I did see one where they put 115 up at the top of the screen after his run.

Greg Guimond
12-29-2010, 09:34 AM
I would agree with that observation. I think it all has to due with "delivery" especially when it comes to the written word. It is VERY easy to ruffle feathers with poor delivery. At the end of the day, and I think it warrants saying, this is a board first, and I would argue that it actually has very few ACTIVE members. It would actually be pretty cool to see how many members out of the total registered "paid" members registered 5 or more posts in 2010. I'm not sure if 5 posts should or should not be considered active, but the stat would be revealing none the less. While I think it is great to try and enhance the online experience via physical attendance at one or more events, I truly think that one should have nothing to do with the other. If you are using the online medium, you should adjust your delivery, whether or not you HAVE or ever WILL meet that person face to face. It is just common courtesy and has nothing to do with how "tough skinned" the other person is.

Now again, I would love for one to see those +5 post stats. I would bet a jackson that it is less then 100 people that were +5 in posts for 2010. Whatever it is, take that number and set a 2011 target of growing it by 50%.

Sweet Cheekz
12-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Back to the boat for a minute, Jim is the arneson really good at all speeds as an everyday boat? I know top speed is a given but I have never ridden in any smaller boats with one and I am curious about its handeling at less than top speed?

Parnell

GEOO
12-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Hum!!!, Interesting. I sure would like to see her running again. :shades:

Tidbart
12-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Is there any GPS verification of this 120 mph ? The fastest GPS reading I have seen was 98 mph . I did see one where they put 115 up at the top of the screen after his run.

Yes, and it was a little more than 120, if I remember correctly.

Tidbart
12-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Hum!!!, Interesting. I sure would like to see her running again. :shades:

Hey George,

See what you started?:wink:

B

Tidbart
12-29-2010, 09:53 AM
Here it is, straight from the horse's mouth

GEOO "***+mph (GPS) @ 7500rpm, (On 4 GPS's in boat) 15% slip" :yes:

BUIZILLA
12-29-2010, 10:03 AM
GEOO, the MAN, has arrived... how cool is that... :yes:

Parnell, other than a little *gallop* in the upper 60's, settling down mid 70's, it is rocket stable.. 90 cruising with 4 riders is almost boring... almost :lookaroun:

I was able to sit in the back seat, lean in the engine room, and make fuel pressure adjustments at 90, it's that stable..

as GEOO can tell you, the CORRECT prop plays a tremendous part of the theatre of events, and with every combination there seems to be one miracle prop that is spot on.. that prop is guarded better than Obama's birth certificate..

I believe a certain rigger has it now, and true to their detail form, it will be even more spectacular when done

Marlin, assorted pulley's and extra high side chips are your friends...

ralph crocker
12-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Ralph Crocker here original poster. Sorry to stir the controversy I am new but here is some info about me and what I am after. I am 66 grew up on Lake St Clair and Lake Huron in Michigan and watched emergence of the Donzi/Nova/Magnum era. School and family did not allow me to participate. In 1981 I moved to a little lake and took up skiing with a 1981 American Skier (built by Don Elkind an offshore dude). We still have it. In 1995 I got into drag racing culminating with 4 years of Top Sportsman running 6.75 seconds at 205MPH. At end of 09 I retired from it. In summer 2010 the big water longing returned and I now have a 84 22 Classic with a modified 454 in great shape that gps at 67.2 with 35 gallons and 2 men (great for big water). In Sept I got a 95 pristine 16 with a 305 to run on the small lakes by me. Both great boats. When I saw Mighty Mouse I realized I longed for a "freak" 90MPH plus and an 18. It is cost prohibitive to start from scratch and I want something well done. I am after 90MPH plus 18 ( no NOS I hate the stuff). That is why I was chasing Mighty Mouse. I will continue my quest if anyone knows of one please let me know 248-666-4250. PS although we have not met Jamie at Lakeside Resto has been an immense help in guiding me thru this maze. Again sorry for the turmoil.

Sweet Cheekz
12-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Ralph Good luck with your most noble quest

Jim That sounds awesome in a 18' boat Seems like the faster you go in a boat the more important that prop becomes. Looking forward to watching it pass me some day

Parnell

Greg Guimond
12-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Hey Ralph,
Nicely played, you somehow were able to bring GEOO out to post. Now THAT is cool! Its kinda like "Elvis is IN the building" ......too funny and glad to see that the boat is still cookin :eek::yes::yes: Being from Fairfield County I was always pissed that I checked out of boating while he was tearing around LI Sound in that monster :frown:

maddad
12-29-2010, 11:25 AM
My favorite mighty mouse story, and I hope I remember it right, was it going through the speed trap at a top speed event well into triple digits AFTER the motor threw the blower belt.

Tidbart
12-29-2010, 11:49 AM
My favorite mighty mouse story, and I hope I remember it right, was it going through the speed trap at a top speed event well into triple digits AFTER the motor threw the blower belt.

I may be wrong but, I thought that was the NYC poker run on the Hudson where George was leading by a large margin and lost the belt.

Maybe he will chime in again and refresh our fuzzy memories.:yes:

The Hedgehog
12-29-2010, 12:24 PM
The mystic Mighty Mouse. I am not sure about the inner circle thing but I have heard a few rumors from sources that I think are pretty credible.

I could think of a few reasons why one might not want to go public with owning such a creation. My hat's off to George for doing what he did with that boat and sharing. That is a heck of a feat. I took my 26ZX into triple digits. It took lots of thought, a professional rigger/builder and lot's of advice. I also own an X-18. I have never driven my X at speeds over 72. From what I know, my project with the ZX does not hold a candle to what was done with the mighty mouse. Both doing that and undoing that is more than turning a couple of screws.

Good luck with your chase Ralph. I think that it would be cool to own an X-18 that would cruise at 90 with 4 people. I dunno if I would want to go 120 in one but think it would be a hoot to drop the hammer at 70 and blast to 100.

Ranman
12-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Making sure

Ranman
12-29-2010, 03:01 PM
I achieve

Ranman
12-29-2010, 03:02 PM
at least

Ranman
12-29-2010, 03:02 PM
five posts

Ranman
12-29-2010, 03:03 PM
in 2010.

More action than I've seen here in a while..:) :)

Carl C
12-29-2010, 03:31 PM
See you all on Lake St. Clair in 3 months :hyper:.

Donzi Vol
12-29-2010, 06:17 PM
...and good folks for the most part...

I'm the "for the most part" part of the events. Sorry...had to throw in a little comedy here :biggrin.:

joseph m. hahnl
12-29-2010, 07:17 PM
yup..................... :shades:

I took a survey, and here's what people have to say about that.

http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/thumbs-up.html

Greg Guimond
12-30-2010, 11:51 PM
five posts

There's one, 99 more to go :cool!:

blackboat
01-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Just in case anyone misinterpreted my earlier post, I have nothing but the utmost respect for Geoo and what he accomplished in engineering,rigging,and driving of his x-18 Donzi .:yes:

Greg Guimond
05-01-2011, 08:10 AM
TTT for the mystical mouse..............and the fastest 18