PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Santa....

Phil S
12-27-2010, 10:49 PM
My better half got me a gift card. :bighug: Best dang gift card I've ever gotten though !:yes: It's to the Mario Andretti Racing Experience !! Woo-hoo ! And I wasn't even that "nice" this year ! :nilly:

Was wondering if anyone here has been to it before ?

MOP
12-28-2010, 07:15 AM
Hmm I think she had an ulterior motive! Is she quiet when you are driving?

McGary911
12-28-2010, 07:37 AM
That's a great gift. No way NOT to enjoy that:

http://www.andrettiracing.com/MARE/

I've done a lot of track driving over the years, but never in anything open wheeled. That's gotta be super cool.

Don't forget to give us a full report when you're done. What track will you be driving on?

CHACHI
12-28-2010, 07:44 AM
Phil, good deal.
Does she have a sister?

Please keep us posted.

Ken

zelatore
12-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Cool - I've never done any open wheel either. Should be a blast.

I'm guessing it's at Sears (Infinion) in Sonoma? I know Andretti is a local boy 'round these parts now and his winery isn't too far from there either.

Sears is a pretty technical track. Let us know what version they run - as long as they don't use the Nascar version that cuts out all the good stuff in the middle you'll be good. I'm guessing in an open wheeler turn one will be a real sphincter-test!:eek:

Phil S
12-28-2010, 08:15 PM
MOP - you could be right... :wink:

McGary - not sure about track yet, but I think you can choose from several...if Atlanta Motor Speedway, or Charlotte (Lowe's) are choices, those are closest to me. Although Road Atlanta is very close too, but I think it is all speedways no road courses.

Chachi - No sister...sorry. :)

Turn one (at any track) will most definitely warrant an extra pair of shorts for me Zelatore ! LOL.

Definitely looking forward to it....I'm certain the cars are not like true Indy-cars and are substantially de-tuned, but the power / weight ratio will be off the charts compared to anything I've driven.

I just hope I don't wreck ! :eek:

It'll be next spring / early summer before I schedule it, but will keep you posted.
Phil

Donziweasel
12-29-2010, 06:54 AM
Airr 22 (Dwight) got the Nascar Experience at Charlotte from his wife.....you both married well...... :)

Phil S
12-29-2010, 08:16 AM
I would agree DW :wink:

I'll bet your little one's had a big Christmas ! :yes: You're probably tripping over two of Fisher-Price everything about now. :)

Hope ya'll have a great New Year !

With kind regards,
Phil