PDA

View Full Version : Nice 22 Classic 2006 (not mine)

Mr X
12-24-2010, 11:27 AM
This one looks nice, I can go look at it for someone if interested.
It's in my area.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2006/Donzi-22-Classic-2008324/Tierra-Verde/FL/United-States

CHACHI
12-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Looks like there is no deck stripe. If so this is the second 22 with out one.

if the boot stripe is green, this boat is a twin to one up at the 1K Islands.

Ken

yeller
12-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Come on Ken. I know it's Christmas, but lay off the booze...........can't you see the blue deck stripe. :wink::biggrin.:

CHACHI
12-26-2010, 07:00 AM
Damn Beer goggles, I never saw the links to the other photos.

My God it does have a stripe.

Ken

Just Say N20
12-27-2010, 06:18 AM
The ad.

22times2
01-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Nice boat And I Think the price is fair.love the color combo.

Carl C
01-05-2011, 07:23 PM
The blue carpet rocks. :)

Lively-one
02-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Mr X, I have been interested in this 22'. Did you happen to ever go look at it in person? It appears very clean from the pics but sometimes pics can be deceiving.

This one looks nice, I can go look at it for someone if interested.
It's in my area.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2006/Donzi-22-Classic-2008324/Tierra-Verde/FL/United-States

Mr X
02-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Yes, I did look at this boat last week for another board member.
It is VERY CLEAN and runs perfect, the bilge is immaculate and shinny.
I did drive it in fresh water at Lake Tarpon.
Awesome color combo.
The owner says he has never had it in salt water, and the entire boat does reflect that. The trailer is a new aluminum tandem axel in perfect condition.

Lively-one
02-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Thank you Mr. X...the info accompanied by your knowledge and experience is very much appreciated!!

Lively-one
02-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Yes, I did look at this boat last week for another board member.
It is VERY CLEAN and runs perfect, the bilge is immaculate and shinny.
I did drive it in fresh water at Lake Tarpon.
Awesome color combo.
The owner says he has never had it in salt water, and the entire boat does reflect that. The trailer is a new aluminum tandem axel in perfect condition.

Mr. X, Apparently they received two written offers on this 22 boat, me and another guy. My offer was the low one....so, I did not get it. If the guy you went to look at it for got it he is one lucky son of a gun. So, I am back on the prowl for my Donzi. Regards, Adam

gmcars10
02-22-2011, 10:53 PM
The boat has a closed cooling system and was run in salt water early in it's life by the first owner. After that it was trailered to fresh water only. No temptation from now on because it is going north. Just need a thaw soon, :canada:

Lively-one
02-22-2011, 11:08 PM
The boat has a closed cooling system and was run in salt water early in it's life by the first owner. After that it was trailered to fresh water only. No temptation from now on because it is going north. Just need a thaw soon, :canada:

I was gonna run it in saltwater too. Did you buy it?

gmcars10
02-23-2011, 06:52 AM
Yes, I did buy it. I was just mentioning that it was a two owner boat but very well taken care of. I live in Muskoka Ontario, about 600 miles from any salt water. I have never had a boat with the closed cooling system before because there is no temptation to run them in salt.
I am very excided to put it in the water.
We have about 30" of ice on the lake right now, so it will still be a while.
:chillpill:

Lively-one
02-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Yes, I did buy it. I was just mentioning that it was a two owner boat but very well taken care of. I live in Muskoka Ontario, about 600 miles from any salt water. I have never had a boat with the closed cooling system before because there is no temptation to run them in salt.
I am very excided to put it in the water.
We have about 30" of ice on the lake right now, so it will still be a while.
:chillpill:

Ward, thanks for the response and the detailed PM. Congrats on a very nice 22'. No ice here in my part of Texas, so if you want to ship it to me I will take care of it until your lake thaws. Hopefully you are now completely out of the market for a Donzi...so that there is one less competitor for me. All the best, Adam

gmcars10
02-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Thanks Adam, good luck. Ward

gmcars10
04-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Picked up the boat in Parrish Florida today. Exceeded my expectations and Alan is absolutely great to deal with. All his stuff is immaculate.

Very happy camper, still a long drive ahead. :boat:

maddad
04-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Good Luck! That's a good looking boat.

gmcars10
04-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Thank you. My first Donzi

Carl C
04-06-2011, 08:17 AM
So it's going to Ontario? Congrats. I boat on Ontario waters quite a bit.

CHACHI
04-06-2011, 08:37 AM
gmcars10, seeing how you live in Muskoka, you will be going to the Muskoka event, no?

We need a blue boat there.

Ken

BUIZILLA
04-06-2011, 08:50 AM
that was a longggggg fetch it trip

gmcars10
04-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Just arrived home 4 1/2 days including Sundays trip to Martinsville. Most everything was crap...1st border crossing was a 4 hour ordeal because I was taking a collector snowmobile down to a friend in Buffalo, driving a non registered 2011 Dually, had a spare dealer tag, told them I was picking up a boat in Florida and ran into a trainee and his mentor. Told me I was 'breaking every rule in the book', and I asked which rules they were. Next stop....the red door.
Now that I was pardoned for all my appearent infractions, I decided I might detour to Martinsville and watch the race. Sunday I arrived in time to pay $30 to park on someones lawn, walk a mile (probably the 1st time), buy a hat (cause I don't have much hair left) and bought a single ticket from a scalper. Good deal, face value on the start finish line, row 44. When I got up there I met the lady that was sitting in my...er her seat. "Lady, you're in my seat, may I see your ticket?" " Actually I lost my ticket after I got in here, but my husband can show you his"

Got better after that and I gave her my...her ticket because she colleted them. Lucky the seat beside her was a no show.

Arrived in Parrish Florida with an 80, blubird sky afternoon. Boat was more than I expected and was confident that Alan took very good care of her.
Got a room and thought maybe I would stay for a day or two. Next morning I woke up the the Tuesday morning weather. Tornadoes and hail. Right accross the nation. I waited till noon and picked up the boat to start home. All was well the first night. North Carolina Marriotte, good parking, Sonny's BBQ and a window view of my new boat.

Next day was good until the 2nd DEF failure was begining. Those of you with 2011 Duramax' know what I am talking about. Babied it to Virginia and checked into a Best Western that skinned me. Most I have ever paid, a room that was probably painted that day with laytex paint and plastic down the floors of the hall. No worries, slept well with the paint smell and thinking about my lame truck. Oh well...still had my new Donzi. Today I crossed back through customs. No problem at all, just paid a bucket load of tax and was on my way. (Appearently I look more honest going this way). Started breathing easy and was looking forward to some Tim Hortons and something more than the bag of cookis I ate this morning. Stopped for deisel about an hour short of home and saw something dripping from the front of the pick up box. Opened the tailgate and saw an almost empty 4 gallon jug of DEF fluid. Snap in carpets, seat cusions, and covers all soaked in DEF. Best part is, that when something drips out the drain holes in your pick up...it generally doesn't stop at 70 mph. It just turns to vapour and engulfs whatever you are towing.
Made good time getting home but used it all up washing everything. Boat is away (cause I can still walk on my lake) and tomorrow I will get a new truck.

To answer another question, I am looking forward to the Donzi run this summer. I have a place on Lake Muskoka and one on Fairy Lake in Huntsville. This boat is for Huntsville but lucky it has a trailer.

I will spell check this tomorrow and edit. Cheers.

PS that was 5400kms in 4 1/2 days (3356 miles)

Mr X
04-07-2011, 11:28 PM
You got a GREAT boat from a great guy!
Not many used boats are in NEW condition.

Greg Guimond
04-08-2011, 06:04 AM
Now there is a man who finds the boat he wants and gets it no matter what. Nice work and welcome!

mike o
04-08-2011, 06:36 AM
Hope to see you in the 1000 Islands in 1st week in Aug for the BIG Poker Runs America in Kingston and Pirates weekend bash......:crossfing: