PDA

View Full Version : AOTH 11 Theme Suggestions?

roadtrip se
12-19-2010, 11:40 AM
The Midwest Donzi Club organizing committee for the AOTH is starting to think about the next big run in the spring.

A big part of the run and the t-shirt design is the theme boat for that year's rally. Last year it was the 22 Classic, and of course, the rogue theme-inside-the-theme, the Blackhawk.

So it is time to start thinking about next year's theme. Believe it or not, we have never honored the boat that started it all, the 16 Classic, so we have it under consideration as a possibility.

Anybody else have some ideas that they would like to throw out there? It doesn't have to be limited to a boat type for that matter, just something that can be illustrated on a t-shirt
and meets the spirit of our gathering.

Look for more details on AOTH 11 in the upcoming weeks, but mark your calendars for the weekend before Memorial Day for the Awakening of the Horses 11 at Lake Cumberland.

And thanks for the suggestions!

FISHIN SUCKS
12-19-2010, 12:43 PM
How about the ZX?

glashole
12-20-2010, 07:48 AM
formula

roadtrip se
12-20-2010, 08:10 AM
How about the ZX?

Mr. Short Term Memory here... I think we did that two years ago. Bring it up again next year, would ya? Geesh. Now, we could consider a King of Bling angle here... Needs work.

roadtrip se
12-20-2010, 08:11 AM
formula

For some reason, I like it. Not sure Byron and Jerry will.

ITTLFLI
12-20-2010, 09:11 AM
formula

I love it!!

.................... for the Formula rally....:bonk::drunk:

glashole
12-20-2010, 09:35 AM
stick with the griz idea

FISHIN SUCKS
12-20-2010, 05:58 PM
I love it!!
.................... for the Formula rally....:bonk::drunk:
Haha.......agreed. Although, I dont know if there's a way to tie in the Cigarettes considering their participation.

I don't know, I don't have any good ideas:confused:.

gero1
12-21-2010, 06:47 AM
theme- big griz.....boat- cig's

roadtrip se
12-21-2010, 07:42 AM
I said it over on the other site, but it is worth repeating here. We will honor Randy's memory this year at AOTH. Anything we plan on doing will be run by Barbara to get her blessing and participation.

The Cig 20 is an idea...

The Hedgehog
12-21-2010, 08:23 AM
The Snuggie and Bushwhacker theme is taken.

Complete with a Snuggie Pubcrawl in Chattanooga

Sweet Cheekz
12-21-2010, 09:24 AM
Any tribute to Grizz is good but curious why not the 16 even if there are not many at the run.
Cig 20's should get something some day for sure

Parnell

Just Say N20
12-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Being a 16 owner, who is going to make a serious effort to attend this year, I would suggest the 16 is a good idea as a theme.

Images of the 16 can certainly be sized nicely to fit on the front/back of a t-shirt and still show a lot of detail. :yes:

gcarter
12-21-2010, 07:12 PM
How about a large red blob, w/the question underneath;

"What is it?"

I'm planning on being there w/ the TR.

Of course, we all think of Griz...I'll miss him in February when he would have been stopping by for lunch on his way to Miami.
But Griz was a person, not a boat. It's easy to do both, remember Griz and celebrate a boat.

roadtrip se
12-21-2010, 09:43 PM
You are right on George. I am going to suggest to the organizing committee that we celebrate Randy and stick to the typical theme at AOTH at the same time. Tough and tricky task, but we will make it happen, as we all have memories of our interactions with the Grizz over the years.

And, I am looking forward to seeing your version of that "red blob", as I have one too. Red Boat Row is a pretty cool place to be!

roadtrip se
12-21-2010, 09:49 PM

No worries, Bill. But those things are going to be a little warm in Downtown Chattanooga at the end of July. I'm in, but only if you are.

The Hedgehog
12-22-2010, 09:24 AM
No worries, Bill. But those things are going to be a little warm in Downtown Chattanooga at the end of July. I'm in, but only if you are.

I am so in!

Team Jefe
12-22-2010, 01:52 PM
I think we should celebreate the Reigning Choice Custom.....the ever maligned ZF....which, by the way is the boat Randy chose to ride on last year. Anf you're gonna tell me Grizz doesn't kow what he's talking about.

Make all the fun you want.....but when you weenies break down...everybody is looking for Jefe:kingme:

gcarter
12-22-2010, 02:35 PM
I don't break down.......

An' I ain't no WEENIE!:wink::yes:

It's everybody else you're reffering to!

roadtrip se
12-22-2010, 03:28 PM
But if you do break down George or have some other "technical difficulty" at AOTH, I would remember what you just said and have a couple of bucks ready to throw in the form of a gratuity at the guy in the Donzi-ZF-Fishhawk-Team Jefe-People's Choice Winner Custom AOTH X-and Part Time Towboat.

Actually, I tried to throw some bucks at him from the club for gas after helping us out in a jam last year, and he wouldn't take it. Wasn't the first time and probably won't be the last....

gcarter
12-22-2010, 05:30 PM
But if you do break down George or have some other "technical difficulty" at AOTH, I would remember what you just said and have a couple of bucks ready to throw in the form of a gratuity at the guy in the Donzi-ZF-Fishhawk-Team Jefe-People's Choice Winner Custom AOTH X-and Part Time Towboat.

Actually, I tried to throw some bucks at him from the club for gas after helping us out in a jam last year, and he wouldn't take it. Wasn't the first time and probably won't be the last....

It's only because it's my fellow Texan, Jefe!
I'm glad he's ready at a moments notice to do Yeomans duty towing folks, providing taxi service, staying sober for the good of everyone else, and being an all around good guy.
But unless I hit a log and break a drive, I'm not planning on needing his services.
I'll be glad to tow him, you, or anyone else that needs it.

roadtrip se
12-23-2010, 11:01 AM
I have been getting a lot back channel suggestions that the theme for AOTH 11 be focused on Grizzley.

This one is hard. We all miss him and going to events is not going to be the same without his presence. But, we will remember and honor him. My personal thoughts at this point are to tack a day on to the front of the event, Wednesday, which is usually a travel/arrival day for a lot of folks, to assemble the right activites with Barb. I bring this up only, so that those of you flying or coming in from long distances have notice and get a chance to add a day to your calendars way in advance.

As for the theme, I am leaning towards the 16 as the recommendation to the MWDC organizing committee for a vote.

roadtrip se
12-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Last year, we added an official tow boat chase service, in the form of a Malibu, as an experiment. As would be expected with so many boats covering so much geography, the tow boat was busy, but a good addition.

For AOTH 11, we are going to add another, so we can cover more miles, and hopefully be more effective in getting to people quicker.

Hopefully, Jefe and others won't have to be pressed into service as a result, giving him more time to shine on his Choice Custom...

FISHIN SUCKS
12-23-2010, 11:14 AM
It's a given that Grizz will be remembered at this event. I like the 16 too! Maybe a Parnell custom and some stock ones to litter the front and back sides of the shirt with. Since we have already featured both of Grizz's boats in years past (the Criterion at AOTH IV and the Corsican at AOTH VII), I don't know that we need to do a repeat.

Greg Guimond
12-23-2010, 12:08 PM
If focused on 16's ...Road can use the photo below, and then he can wrap the following heading around it........

"AOTH - This Aint No Stinkin Bench Race" :thumbsup:

roadtrip se
12-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Classic example is the parking lot in front of the hotel. I like to walk around and watch, and help out where I can, as people prep their boats for launch and the weekend.

I walked up on Phip Lip's Cig 20 last year and popped my head under the hatch. It was obvious that he had completely swapped out the engine from the previous year. When he noticed my interest he said, and I will never forget it, "Yep, we did an intake change over the winter". Yep, he sure did!

Pretty much sums up how folks roll at AOTH. All good.

Sweet Cheekz
12-24-2010, 08:47 AM
the tow boat was busy, but a good addition.

It was a fabulous addition! I busted my drive on the way to lunch, they towed me back then gave me a sandwich, a beer, great conversation and a ride back to the party. Really first class. All my poker runs I never had that before and I have broke at alot of them!

Another great reason to attend AOTH

Parnell

BTW What FS said :party:

roadtrip se
12-26-2010, 03:50 PM
on the tow service last year. Every year, we try to do things just a little better, if we can.

So I am thinking I'll recommend the 16 as the theme boat to the MWDC organizing committee here in the next week or so.

So the big question, how do we convince you to bring the GT and the 16 down this year?

Donzi Vol
12-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Good call on the 16. After all, it was the first Donzi. Thanks in advance to the MWDC...I'm sure it will be a good time. I hope to have my 18 there this year.

Donzi Vol
12-26-2010, 05:24 PM

New Year's Celebration? :yes:

The Hedgehog
12-26-2010, 10:54 PM
New Year's Celebration? :yes:

We will be in downtown Chatt in the Roamer. Got the New Years eve package at the Broad St Grill. Promises to be a large time. Then back in the Roamer for another winter trip down the Gorge. Give me a shout.

Sweet Cheekz
12-27-2010, 10:11 AM
on the tow service last year. Every year, we try to do things just a little better, if we can.

So I am thinking I'll recommend the 16 as the theme boat to the MWDC organizing committee here in the next week or so.

So the big question, how do we convince you to bring the GT and the 16 down this year?

I'm not sure how the towing thing could get better!

We already plan on bringing both. My wife and her mother are going to run the 16 and my son and I are in the 21 Working on both as we speak getting them AOTH ready! I think I have enough time this time around to get it done right!

Cant wait

Parnell

BobinCovington
12-27-2010, 12:18 PM
I wish I was closer...I would love to be there next summer. Sounds like a blast.

RedDog
12-27-2010, 12:22 PM
I don't break down.......
An' I ain't no WEENIE!:wink::yes:
It's everybody else you're reffering to!

Ahemmm....

Is that Elaine pushing Russ with a rope?

FISHIN SUCKS
12-27-2010, 02:49 PM
I wish I was closer...I would love to be there next summer. Sounds like a blast.
Not sure what your tow vehicle is, but if you get started now, you've got just under 5 full months to get to KY:wink: And with a '66 16'..... it would be a shame to not have her there for the featured '16! Ever earned a 'long-distance' award before? We have been known to give one out!

Team Jefe
12-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Trip, G - thanks for the kudo's....I thought that money business was going to stay between you and me Todd....No worries :lookaroun:

Its no secret really, I won't take money for a tow...the honor is to serve.

Besides, Y'all treated Team Jefe pretty good last year:kingme:

Y'all honor whichever boat you waat this year...doesn't really matter to me....Team Jefe will be there with bells on ready to have a great time as always.

roadtrip se
12-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Drumroll please...

the Donzi 16 Classic, the boat that started it all!

So dig them out, tune and shine them up, as you guys are front and center this Spring!

Going to be very cool!

Sweet Cheekz
12-28-2010, 10:38 PM
:party::party::party::party::party:

Parnell

Donzi Vol
12-29-2010, 12:35 AM
Good call...looking forward to it!

BUIZILLA
12-29-2010, 06:39 AM
it's worth the trip just to see what Byron's yearly winter surprises are..

:pimp:

Tony
01-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Sounds like the perfect time for a certain '67 Ski Sporter to venture down from Lake George.

Jay???

jl1962
01-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Sounds like the perfect time for a certain '67 Ski Sporter to venture down from Lake George.

Jay???

14 hours each way from CT. But first I would need to get the boat which is 4 hours further away in upstate NY. :bonk:

Still - I'm not ruling it out. :crossfing:

Magical Bill??

txtaz
01-02-2011, 06:05 AM
I was going to suggest rubber duckies as the theme. :nilly::nilly:
Maybe I'll bring the new car after I get an anti duckie alarm installed.:bonk:

Sweet Cheekz
01-02-2011, 10:26 AM
14 hours each way from CT. But first I would need to get the boat which is 4 hours further away in upstate NY. :bonk:

Still - I'm not ruling it out. :crossfing:

Magical Bill??

Lake George is 14 hours for me each way. Buizilla has to have 12 to AOTH. You should make it once Different than Lake George but very enjoyable.

Parnell

BUIZILLA
01-02-2011, 10:36 AM
depending on which route I take, it's about 17-18...

roadtrip se
01-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Byron does have a 16 stuffed away in a barn somewhere... but he claims it isn't ready for the water, not even close...

And yes, I remember a certain red ski sporter being the hit of AOTH a few years back...

And I know of at least two, maybe three, 16OB packages that need to make the trip out.

Air Patti is another one, and she drives a mean 16. I mentioned it to Patti and Carl over holiday pizza and beers a few nights ago.

Where's Aaron? And somebody needs to call Sam.

Sweet Cheekz
01-03-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm hoping Bill makes his debut with the "new" yellow 16 he has been working on for two years

Parnell

The Hedgehog
01-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Just for that I will have my father's 16 there. Maybe he will come and make Tex famous some more.

roadtrip se
01-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Just for that I will have my father's 16 there. Maybe he will come and make Tex famous some more.

Very cool. You guys will have to bring a couple of boats up. Maybe Cam can tow one for you. That kid NEEDS to be at AOTH this year as a reward for his service at A-Dock.

As for Tex, how could he be any more famous-er? He would look good driving that 16 though. He is taller than I, and when we had ours, nobody had a problem seeing me behind
the wheel of that thing. Heck, my knees were three feet above the deckline... Looking forward to seeing a bunch of them at AOTH.

roadtrip se
01-06-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm hoping Bill makes his debut with the "new" yellow 16 he has been working on for two years

Parnell

That would be cool. I think I saw the boat at Lake George a few years back, as it was a pretty unique color. It would be great to see it looking new!

One more for the list. We need to track down Magic Bill and his son, Jason. I know they do the band thingy on the weekends, but maybe we can get them there this year. Their sixteens are gorgeous.

The Hedgehog
01-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Very cool. You guys will have to bring a couple of boats up. Maybe Cam can tow one for you. That kid NEEDS to be at AOTH this year as a reward for his service at A-Dock.
As for Tex, how could he be any more famous-er? He would look good driving that 16 though. He is taller than I, and when we had ours, nobody had a problem seeing me behind
the wheel of that thing. Heck, my knees were three feet above the deckline... Looking forward to seeing a bunch of them at AOTH.

Good call, I will bring a few. Boat for a friend from the west, another fun boat, the 16, dad and Cam. They all need to go.

Gotta have Cam. I can't pull it off without him. We need someone responsible around.

THEDONZ33
01-12-2011, 09:10 AM
I am in for the 16 theme too... After years of fighting the wife (now the ex and out of the picture..Yippey) to attend this year Is ON !!!!! See You there!!!!
Maybee a secondary theme could be newbies

roadtrip se
01-12-2011, 03:24 PM
I am in for the 16 theme too... After years of fighting the wife (now the ex and out of the picture..Yippey) to attend this year Is ON !!!!! See You there!!!!
Maybee a secondary theme could be newbies

Oh, there is always a newbie theme going on at AOTH. Just ask FishinSucks about his first year. You only get one shot at it, afterall! Might as well make it good.

FISHIN SUCKS
01-13-2011, 10:04 AM
I have never regretted getting my cherry popped:eek:. There are so many reasons why we came back and havent missed AOTH since our first back in '04 (AOTH IV). Great people, tons of knowledge, great parties, awesome boating, and fantastic memories:yes::yes:!!! It's all in what you make of it.

Sweet Cheekz
01-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Frankly I'm suprised you remember anything about any of them past 5 pm.:drunk:

Parnell

DAULEY
01-13-2011, 04:02 PM
great theme
my old 69 16 hm ill try to get the new owner to show up great old boat
should have never got rid of this one

jl1962
01-13-2011, 04:21 PM
great theme
my old 69 16 hm ill try to get the new owner to show up great old boat
should have never got rid of this one

WOW!
Very nice.

osur866
01-13-2011, 10:52 PM
I have never regretted getting my cherry popped:eek:. There are so many reasons why we came back and havent missed AOTH since our first back in '04 (AOTH IV). Great people, tons of knowledge, great parties, awesome boating, and fantastic memories:yes::yes:!!! It's all in what you make of it.

X2, just walk in like ya know someone that's what I did, literally!! And been coming back every since and really enjoy it. Steve

roadtrip se
01-14-2011, 08:52 AM
X2, just walk in like ya know someone that's what I did, literally!! And been coming back every since and really enjoy it. Steve

A couple of years ago, some dude walks in the front door of our lake house looking lost. Thought goes through my mind, not only do we have to feed a 100 Donzi people, but we have crashers now? Must have smelled the food.

So I blurt out, "Who the h*** are you?" Steve, aka Osur866, introduced himself, and we have been great friends ever since!

Greg Guimond
01-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Just tell me where your lake house is and I'll bring the tunes ...........:band:

Carl C
01-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Just tell me where your lake house is and I'll bring the tunes ...........:band:

That'll rock the docks........:shocking:

FISHIN SUCKS
01-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Frankly I'm suprised you remember anything about any of them past 5 pm.:drunk:

Parnell
I don't........but everyone (including Barbi) tells me what happened the next day:kingme:!!!

Sweet Cheekz
01-16-2011, 10:07 AM
My Son Zach thinks you are about the funniest guy in the world so no complaints here well done as our colorful MC :rock:

Parnell

roadtrip se
01-16-2011, 10:17 AM
"All that and a bag of chips!" You have to be there to appreciate it, but the guy is just not right. And we love him for it.

FISHIN SUCKS
01-16-2011, 08:45 PM
I think Zach is a pretty cool kid.....look forward to seein him at AOTH!

Y'all are just too kind to this dumb animal, many thanx!

sweet 16 1966
01-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Red Dog- Thank You for some of my best memories- helping fellow DONZI friends in need! George and Elaine are the best.
I brought my Donzi to my first event in 06- Will never forget. I have owned my 66-16 since 1980 but never traveled or knew of events. I had just completed a top off resto at the time- re-cored, paint, engine. Had just joined the site, posted a pic and learned so much;
-My 16 has incorrect decals...
-Its not a Sweet 16.... (what was I thinking)
-Lenny advised I poured way too much resin on the closed cell foam.
So... it was a Thursday night and I was up for a road trip! Left work at 5 Friday- packed and hit the road-arrived on Sat am at 8:30 am- just in time to catch a ride in Tony's new to him 22' Classic. We were only gone for a short run but the dream of a 22 one day began. It was a great day - I met Grizz and found out he lived closse to me- big plus! I ran to Lees Ford with who knows how many new friends. I soon found out - 50+ is slow but I made it! I saw the Anniversary 16 which could fly! You just don't forget your first time. I had never seen so many Donzi's- ever in one place in my life! I was impressed. I loved the trip-
Currently, my 16 in disassembled without enough time for the event this year but I believe the 16 did represent the beginning of something much larger to come. Now we know what. My most enjoyable times took place in my 16! Nuff said.

Let us welcome others who will attend for their first time and lend a helping hand if needed. They too may be creating memories which will last a lifetime.

FISHIN SUCKS
01-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Let us welcome others who will attend for their first time and lend a helping hand if needed. They too may be creating memories which will last a lifetime.
Ironic, your post is #66, what does this mean:confused:???

Well put, we feel the same way!

roadtrip se
01-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Several years ago Jeff volunteered to do a logo and the shirt art for a MADCOW event we did out on Lake St. Clair. It was very cool.

Ever since then, he has been the artist in residence for the Midwest Donzi Club.
His graphic designs are always accurate and creative in their depiction of the theme boats and the t-shirts always are very popular.

A couple of years ago, he did the AOTH logos, which have shown up on the People's Choice Awards, Dr. Dan's Hardware, and on just about every piece of MWDC correspondence.

While he can't make the trip to AOTH this year from California, he has agreed to draw up yet another great piece of art for our theme boat, the 16 Classic.

Thank you, Jeff. I look forward to yet another great design from you!

tamburello
01-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the kind words RT. I always like doing the shirt illustrations. We sure miss going to AOTH each Spring, it was one of the highlights of the year.

tylogans 22
01-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Another newbie coming to AOTH 11 from Waterford, MI. I'm bringing my two son's 16 and 18 to this year's event in our 1996 22C. Needless to say were counting the day's, looking forward to meeting everyone in May. I hope the hell we don't get lost on the lake!!!

Brad Lyon
01-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Tylogans 22, I too have two sons the same age, 16 and 18. We live in Madison Heights MI and plan on making the trip again this May. Maybe we can caravan together if our schedules allow. And don't worry, you won't get lost on the lake. Too many Donzi's looking out for each other to let that happen.

Brad

Tony
01-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Left work at 5 Friday- packed and hit the road-arrived on Sat am at 8:30 am- just in time to catch a ride in Tony's new to him 22' Classic. We were only gone for a short run but the dream of a 22 one day began.

Russ...what a great memory! I remember that ride, and later wished that I had let you take the helm. I guess I was too busy trouble-shooting an overheat problem, so, six years later...sorry about that!

That AOTH was literally the first time I splashed my 22', and what a weekend it was! First the radio fell right out of the dash and smack onto my wife's ankle. Then I noticed my seat wiggling during a raft-up and discovered the seat base was cracked.

Those were minor compared to my frustrating over-heating problem...which only occurred at idle speeds. First guess was the thermostat, which Mike Trueser graciously swapped out, even though it was a beeyotch to get to and required a special end wrench...which his son happened to have.

Unfortunately that was not the problem, so after some brainstorming and troubleshooting I discovered that the water inlet fitting on the inside of the transom had a hairline crack in it. This sucked enough air at idle speeds to overheat and put the boat into "safe" mode. On plane and at speed it was fine, so that was a real unusual problem. A file borrowed from MadPoodle to rough up the area, and then a little JB weld, and I was then good to go!

:pimp:

sweet 16 1966
01-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Tony- Thanks for the ride- I didn't need to drive! Overheating was a very unusual problem. Great story on the solution. That reminds me- I need to hook up my hoses on the 22 from the impeller replacement which I can't seem to find time to finish! I am embarassed to say I just hooked up a heater to keep it warm. Saturday will be (65) and SUN. No excuses - hard to winterize though ....so if it gets hooked up- it could get splashed.

Note to all- Replace your waterpump/Impeller- Don't be like me and have to chase broken pcs when they disintegrate from age. BTW- if you have to,
I know where they hide on a 502- just ask.

younger
01-30-2011, 10:27 PM
I have been giving this event some thought, I live 3 hours east of Toronto, Ont. Canada. This would be a haul so what are the details as fare as dates, where to stay, and how close is it to the event. I would love to supprot the 16 theme with the bh 16.

BobinCovington
01-30-2011, 10:35 PM
maybe there is a train so I can get my 16 out there..? This sounds like fun. Honestly I doubt I can get there, but I will be there in spirit.

roadtrip se
01-31-2011, 08:56 AM
I have been giving this event some thought, I live 3 hours east of Toronto, Ont. Canada. This would be a haul so what are the details as fare as dates, where to stay, and how close is it to the event. I would love to supprot the 16 theme with the bh 16.

Younger, it would be cool to have your BH16 there. I've done that drive going the opposite direction to the Thousand Islands. We cross at Sarnia. Not a bad run.

We will do an official announcement here shortly with all of the details of this year's rally, including the pre-registration process, but I understand trying to get a few logisitics out of the way.

The dates are May 19, 20, 21st. Thursday is arrival day for most folks. Some come in Wednesday and run the lake on their own or with other early arrivals.
The first organized activity is dinner on Thursday night, with organized runs on Friday and Saturday.

It needs to be updated with this years AOTH XI data, but you can find lodging and other details about the Lake Cumberland area on our club web site:

www.mwdonziclub.com

Hope to see you there, and check back here for more details to come.

FISHIN SUCKS
01-31-2011, 11:06 AM
I think Shea lives East of TO somewhere, not sure how far, and he has brought his 22' Blackhawk a number of times. The event is held at the Jamestown Resort in Jamestown, KY (800-830-5131), mention that you are with the Midwest Donzi Club event held May 19th-21st. You can keep your boat in the water right at the resort. Love to see you (and anyone else) make it, it's always a good time, even if it rains a little!

tom

zelatore
01-31-2011, 12:26 PM
The dates are May 19, 20, 21st. Thursday is arrival day for most folks. Some come in Wednesday and run the lake on their own or with other early arrivals.
The first organized activity is dinner on Thursday night, with organized runs on Friday and Saturday.

Ah, just the info I was looking for....

No plans yet as Michele still has to iron out her business travel for May, but with any luck we'll be there looking to bum a couple seats. :crossfing:

FISHIN SUCKS
01-31-2011, 12:49 PM
but with any luck we'll be there looking to bum a couple seats. :crossfing:
Our back seat is open Don, Michelle can ride with us! Oh, alright, you can ride too........but if anybody is watchin, duck down, don't want anyone to think we have a bunch of doods on board:biggrin.:

And as for anyone else, there are plenty of open seats available to hop in and out of a number of different models including the Classics (of course), ZX's, ZF (fishawk edition), ZR's, and an LXC, if ya cant drag your boat to the event. People fly in every year to the event and we are happy to accomodate.

DAULEY
01-31-2011, 04:09 PM
would the x18 or the cig 21ob be better

Sweet Cheekz
01-31-2011, 04:28 PM
Bring em both otherwise the 21 is my call

:wink:

Parnell

Donzi Vol
01-31-2011, 05:52 PM
And as for anyone else, there are plenty of open seats available to hop in and out of a number of different models including the Classics (of course), ZX's, ZF (fishawk edition), ZR's, and an LXC, if ya cant drag your boat to the event. People fly in every year to the event and we are happy to accomodate.

I can attest to that. However, I hope to finally have mine there this year :crossfing:

RedDog
02-01-2011, 10:04 AM
We will do an official announcement here shortly with all of the details of this year's rally, including the pre-registration process, but I understand trying to get a few logisitics out of the way.
The dates are May 19, 20, 21st. ...

Couldn't wait on the official announcement - went ahead and booked my room and slip

hot shot
02-03-2011, 09:23 AM
All booked... Remember guys last the last couple of years the resort gets booked and people are scrambling for rooms so book early. Lookin forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new :wink:

Ghost
02-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Lisa and I expect to be back this year.

I had hoped to bring the boat but I don't think I have time/$$ to get both a trailer and an engine between April 1 and May 20, so we will likely be bumming rides as well.

osur866
02-03-2011, 11:34 AM
I'll be coming again, and will prolly have the back seat of an 18 if peeps need a ride and are brave enough, :drive::boat: LOL Steve

zelatore
02-03-2011, 01:08 PM
OK, this is the year....Michele just took it upon herself to book the flights last night. WooHoo!

Flying into Nashville it looks like Thursday afternoon.

roadtrip se
02-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Our back seat is open Don, Michelle can ride with us! Oh, alright, you can ride too........but if anybody is watchin, duck down, don't want anyone to think we have a bunch of doods on board:biggrin.:

And if you hear a loud screeching, almost dog whistle pitch, kind of sound and your Captain asks you to check it out in the engine bay, make sure to ask him to hit the bilge blower dash switch. Geesh. He is a good host and captain, but I am just sayin.

DAULEY
02-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Are there cabins that can be rented buy the week

FISHIN SUCKS
02-03-2011, 09:36 PM
And if you hear a loud screeching, almost dog whistle pitch, kind of sound and your Captain asks you to check it out in the engine bay, make sure to ask him to hit the bilge blower dash switch. Geesh. He is a good host and captain, but I am just sayin.
I wanted to give you a memory to remember me by........musta worked:):nilly:

roadtrip se
02-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Are there cabins that can be rented buy the week

Yes. There are some pretty nice condos, above the resort, that are fairly new and would make a great place for a weeks stay. Just tell them you are there for the Donzi rally to get a preferred rate.

Donzi Vol
02-03-2011, 10:00 PM
OK, this is the year....Michele just took it upon herself to book the flights last night. WooHoo!

Flying into Nashville it looks like Thursday afternoon.

Great! Looking forward to meeting you.

Looks like we'll have several new faces this year.

roadtrip se
02-04-2011, 09:45 AM
I wanted to give you a memory to remember me by........musta worked:):nilly:

Now, when are we going to stop this call screening thingy and actually chat?
Last time I checked, I think it is my turn to screen your call. I look forward to it...

osur866
02-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Booked today only couple rooms left at resort and cabins still available, so if your on the fence on booking and want to stay close better jump on it, although there are other accomidations available staying right at resort is more convient. Steve

FISHIN SUCKS
02-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Now, when are we going to stop this call screening thingy and actually chat?
Last time I checked, I think it is my turn to screen your call. I look forward to it...
Been all busy and junk, I'll call ya my brutha!! How bout I make it up to ya in a week and a half with a beer at the boat show in Miami Thursday night?

roadtrip se
02-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Been all busy and junk, I'll call ya my brutha!! How bout I make it up to ya in a week and a half with a beer at the boat show in Miami Thursday night?

Now this is going to be a boat show to remember. Right crowd, right venue, mix in a cocktail or two, and things will get interesting...

zelatore
02-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Question: Who might be heading through Nashville Thrusday afternoon?

Do to some work issues, looks like I'll get in fairly early in the afternoon, but Michele won't be able to hit Nashville until late. That leaves me 3 choices.

1- hang out in the airport for about 6 hours waiting for her
2- both of us rent a car and drive seperately
3- I thumb a ride and she drives up when she gets in that night.

I'm liking #3.... Hey DV, aren't you in Nashville? :wink:

FISHIN SUCKS
02-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Room Booked!!! According to Stacy, it was raining down there (snow up here in Leo, IN), and 20 rooms left for Friday and Saturday night, a few left for Thursday night. Some other group is in there before us, dont know who.

Don, Possibly you could bum a ride with Red Dog, Donzi Vol, or Hedgehog. They're some of the Nashville crew. Last year Rumshaker picked up Mrs. Rumshaker at the Nashville airport and then came on up, not sure what they're doin this year though. Lookin forward to meeting another Hoosier-transplanted this year,

tom

Sweet Cheekz
02-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Booked!

Parnell

DAULEY
02-06-2011, 04:39 PM
do you call thr resort for condos or are the cabins nice for 6 people 4 adults and 2 kids for a week stay

roadtrip se
02-06-2011, 05:49 PM
do you call thr resort for condos or are the cabins nice for 6 people 4 adults and 2 kids for a week stay

Yes. The resort offers the choice of hotel, cabins, and condos.

The hotel is right above the marina, so that is where most stay.

The cabins are up on the hill above the resort. Many have been remodled and some have not. They are a deal, but I would ask for a remodel.

The condos are the newest and I believe they have a view. Thiis is what I would request for a weeks stay.

See you there.

RedDog
02-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Don - Donzi Vol and I are 2-1/2 - 3 hours east of Nashville in Knoxville. Fishing Sucks sucks at geography.

Hedgehog was moving (has moved?) to Brentwood or Franklin which would take him through Nashville on the way to Jamestown.

I think Farmer TX and Jefe pass through Nashville on the drive up from TX.

FISHIN SUCKS
02-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Don - Donzi Vol and I are 2-1/2 - 3 hours east of Nashville in Knoxville. Fishing Sucks sucks at geography.

I thought 2 1/2-3 hours in Tennessee was considered 'just down yonder'!

Brad Lyon
02-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Three bedroom cottage and slip reserved!

Ghost
02-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Room booked.

roadtrip se
02-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Pre-registration form has been posted here...

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?p=590879#post590879

Team Jefe
02-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Team Jefe Cabin Booked as is the Slip for the Reigning and future "People's Choice Custom" Donzi!!!!:kingme:

Sweet Cheekz
02-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Starting the campaigning already?
This was not a good year for incumbents.

Parnell

Team Jefe
02-16-2011, 07:07 AM
Incumbency to me, really means "the guy whose always been there"....that's not really true in my case. I beleive Jefe's Revenge brought some much needed refreshment to the voting and I beleive we can achieve that goal again.

Remember Custom means Different:kingme:

zelatore
02-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Room booked.

Still have thumb in the air looking for a ride...:lookaroun:

Z-Man
02-17-2011, 08:52 AM
I'm booked as well. I know 2 years in a row not just showing up in the middle of the night. Zelatore glad to hear you are making it. Not sure how many of my crew will be in attendance but you are always welcome. The people here are great so you will have no problems enjoying the many different boats!