PDA

View Full Version : New 2011 24 skater copy.A must read.

fasttrucker
12-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Wow! this is cool..... http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?227553-2011-MOLEDED-IN-WINDSCREEN-24ss-RACE-PLEASURE&highlight=2011+24+skater

gcarter
12-17-2010, 10:15 AM
And they say some folks around here are antagonistic.......

I don't get it????

I understand the context, but why do people have to call others out?
It would seem all the details about legitimacy would come out soon enough.
I do understand about handing over 125K to a tool though.

Tidbart
12-17-2010, 11:35 AM
I love post #24.............."The guy spells worse than a 2nd grader. And he is trying to sell high dollar nock-offs?" :bonk:

zelatore
12-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Maybe I'm just getting old. Or maybe I just have some sort of bias.

But somehow I just can't bring myself to trust a "company" that's promoted by somebody who writes and spells worse than a 10 year old.

I'm sorry if that offends any 10 year olds by associating them with this guy.

Yeah....I'll be handing him a check real soon.....:boggled:

Carl C
12-17-2010, 05:54 PM
I love post #24.............."The guy spells worse than a 2nd grader. And he is trying to sell high dollar nock-offs?" :bonk:

Maybe I'm just getting old. Or maybe I just have some sort of bias.

But somehow I just can't bring myself to trust a "company" that's promoted by somebody who writes and spells worse than a 10 year old.

I'm sorry if that offends any 10 year olds by associating them with this guy.

Yeah....I'll be handing him a check real soon.....:boggled:

Even the spec sheet on post 1 butchers the English language. How do these people graduate high school?

...high gross base color...
...foul capacity...
...bonded around entire primiter...
...moleded in windscreen...

He even phucked up the name of the model:
Skater 24ss Plaeasure

Dude, get a proof reader!:shocking:

Trying to log in there but forgot my info......

Ghost
12-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Who knows, maybe the company is actually "Skeeter."

OFFSHORE GINGER
12-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Hey guys ,when i worked at Skater there were two molds for the 21 and the 24 and two of those molds were cut up years ago leaving two left.... one being a #21 and the other a #24 and it just so happens that i have a very good friend at Skater who is a laminater who's brother from time to time has been cutting up and removing the waste of the old molds/plugs that are no longer in use and from my understanding the old #24 mold in the future is going to be cut up if not already........ which would make this boat a splash with a different deck or wind screen which also makes this boat a buyer beware situation because it will never amout to a hill of beans when it comes to the quality of a Skater or even resale value . Hey guys i sometimes have a tendency to harp about some things and i apologize just my 2 cents .

OFFSHORE GINGER
12-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Who knows, maybe the company is actually "Skeeter." good one.

Carl C
12-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Who knows, maybe the company is actually "Skeeter."

Yup, I think you got it. Skater was another misspelled word. It is a new cat bass boat from Skeeter. It'll get you to the fishing hole faster. A Skeeter Skater Plaeasure boat with gross paint and a moleded windscreen.:boat:

zelatore
12-18-2010, 12:47 PM
I've never played with a true Skater, but I have played with a 21' knock-off made by Sanger as a one-off. Very fast - north of 100 indicated with a Merc 2.5, but also seemed to be a very questionable quality. Walking across the deck you could visibly see it flexing. And I'm not a big guy...

Fast, Reliable, Cheap. Pick 2.

OFFSHORE GINGER
12-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Hey guys , everything was deleted on this thread and a new one was started with a lot of changes to his build sheet which still reads Foul Capicity . http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?227694-2001-Molded-In-Wind-Screen-24ss-Race

Carl C
12-19-2010, 08:17 PM
He DID take "Skater" out of the name. I advised him to fix the spelling but he didn't. I'm going to lay off awhile but I think he is already fubar........

OFFSHORE GINGER
12-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Carl , i see he is slowely getting it together on his build sheet and removed the foul to fuel ha ha ha ha and would anybody really buy a boat from this guy ?

Carl C
12-20-2010, 06:15 AM
Carl , i see he is slowely getting it together on his build sheet and removed the foul to fuel ha ha ha ha and would anybody really buy a boat from this guy ?

Only if he gets some PR help!

fasttrucker
12-20-2010, 11:13 AM
Do you think this is for real?....Iam thinking:bonk: it all might be a joke and he is just redoing an old skater24............:nilly:

Carl C
12-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Do you think this is for real?....Iam thinking:bonk: it all might be a joke and he is just redoing an old skater24............:nilly:

It's real. The white boat in the pic is a plug that he made from a 24 Skater. There were a bunch of pics up on the original thread documenting it. It was a race boat and had the driver and throttleman's names on the side. He glassed in an air dam to replace the windshield, got it all spiffied up and apparently made his own molds.

blackboat
12-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Stop picking on the YO boy !!:cool:

OFFSHORE GINGER
12-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Stop picking on the YO boy !!:cool:And whats your point considering the guy is trying to sell a splash of a 24 Skater for a $129 K and just curious what do you think really justifies that price ?

Carl C
12-21-2010, 08:37 AM
And whats your point considering the guy is trying to sell a splash of a 24 Skater for a $129 K and just curious what do you think really justifies that price ?

Initial investment in the plug, mold construction, materials, tools, etc. etc. that must be covered.

To hand build a boat like this must take hundreds of hours and a lot of glass and resin and wood etc., etc.

The twin 300 Optimaxes will account for over $30,000 I would think.

Then there is all the hardware, throttles, gauges, steering, wiring, interior, paint......

I don't think the price is out of line at all.

OFFSHORE GINGER
12-21-2010, 09:00 AM
When i was employed at Skater assisting with the build of the plugs, and molds , doing the actual plug work consumed most of your time in the build of the mold from the mock up, to filling , and sanding, (Long Boarding) which involved endless hours of work to primeing the part with Duratec , and sanding the whole plug once again along with trying to dial everything in making it straight as possible and getting it to the point where the part can be buffed and waxed to make the mold from which in his case all the hard work has already been done considering the boat is a splash. Just my 2 cents .

smidgen too
12-21-2010, 10:03 AM
When i was employed at Skater assisting with the build of the plugs, and molds , doing the actual plug work consumed most of your time in the build of the mold from the mock up, to filling , and sanding, (Long Boarding) which involved endless hours of work to primeing the part with Duratec , and sanding the whole plug once again along with trying to dial everything in making it straight as possible and getting it to the point where the part can be buffed and waxed to make the mold from which in his case all the hard work has already been done considering the boat is a splash. Just my 2 cents .

That's what Clem did when did when he made the Lancer, Aero, Preadator, & Awesome Marine power boats. With a little foam & bondo he splashed all of them. :boggled:

OFFSHORE GINGER
12-21-2010, 12:12 PM
smidgen too , how are you and have you started that Sutphen at all ?

smidgen too
12-21-2010, 08:18 PM
smidgen too , how are you and have you started that Sutphen at all ?
Artie I'm Doing well, I traded the Sutphen to a friend for storage space for my Donzi Doral, Magnum,. & Cobra project boats last year. The Sutphen was in bad shape, not the same quality as a 18' Donzi.
The 24' Skater was a great boat but a handfull with 2.4 merc's back in the day. A splash with twin 300's , :boggled: I would find a real 28' Skater. Mark