PDA

View Full Version : Nicest Florida Boat House ?

Marlin275
12-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Is this the best?

house comes with it . . .

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60359&d=1292542295

1520 S Lodge Dr
Sarasota, FL 34239
MLS# A3934434
Single Family Home, 4 beds, 6 baths / 1 half
9948 Square Feet | Year Built 1999
Neighborhood: Cherokee Park
$7,350,000 USD
€ 5,557,228.12 EUR
Listed by Kim Ogilvie and Michael Ogilvie

gcarter
12-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Different venue, but still interesting....

http://www.leewardairranch.com/

We have a lot of customers there.

OTOH, at Jumbolair where John Travolta lives, we don't have any as far as I know. Not many folks live there though. Pretty interesting place though.

http://www.jumbolair.com/jumbolair.htm

DickB
12-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Very nice. Sadly, out of my league.

zelatore
12-16-2010, 07:26 PM
The airport homes actually looked downright affordable. They had starting prices lower than our house, and it's not like we exactly live in a mansion or anything!

sweet 16 1966
12-16-2010, 08:22 PM
We can all dream!

gcarter
12-16-2010, 08:23 PM
The airport homes actually looked downright affordable. They had starting prices lower than our house, and it's not like we exactly live in a mansion or anything!

Don, that's minus the hanger, and you can't live there w/o one, or something that flies. There's some really interesting folks that live there.

zelatore
12-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Don, that's minus the hanger, and you can't live there w/o one, or something that flies. There's some really interesting folks that live there.

That's OK, flying toys are perhaps the one motorized gizmo I've never gotten into. And I'd just as soon keep it that way as I can't afford all my current interests as it is!

VetteLT193
12-17-2010, 02:49 PM
You know what is funny about that house is how did they get the permit for that thing?

I grew up on the east coast of Florida (Satellite Beach) and even when I was a kid the dock permits were freaking nuts. We had a large lift for a 34 Formula and because of the coverage over water the dock surrounding the lift was very small. They only allowed so many sq. feet of dockage / water coverage (they counted the lift as covered water for some reason even though there was no roof).

That boathouse and dock has to be 10 times the size, at least, of ours. I guess if you have money you really can do anything :nilly:

gcarter
12-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Bob, do you think it might be because they dug their own cove into the land? I don't know the regulations, but it just might be because of the "new" cove doesn't subtract from the covered bottom.
I'm familiar w/what you're speaking of as my BIL has the same issue in Daytona. But there, the water of the Halifax River is so shallow they have no option but to have the lift about 300' off the shore.

Cuda
12-18-2010, 09:07 AM
You know what is funny about that house is how did they get the permit for that thing?
I grew up on the east coast of Florida (Satellite Beach) and even when I was a kid the dock permits were freaking nuts. We had a large lift for a 34 Formula and because of the coverage over water the dock surrounding the lift was very small. They only allowed so many sq. feet of dockage / water coverage (they counted the lift as covered water for some reason even though there was no roof).
That boathouse and dock has to be 10 times the size, at least, of ours. I guess if you have money you really can do anything :nilly:
You needed a better lawyer who knew who's hand to grease.