PDA

View Full Version : On board Camera

BlakeSullivan
12-14-2010, 09:42 AM
I have noticed many video's that were mounted with On-Board video cameras and was wondering where and what type to buy, I wanted to get one for my father for christmas . Thanks

inlander
12-14-2010, 11:21 AM
Look into GoPro Hero HD. Operation of the camera could be a little more user friendly, but the videos are amazing. My entire kit ran about $299.00, which includes camera, mounting hardware, and waterproof case. Here's a great example of GoPro video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnmzSgnZVeII've also got a couple of GoPro videos posted on the D. Registry. Check out these:

Donzi Dayz & Texas/Arkansas/California Donzi

Last Tango
12-14-2010, 03:48 PM
+1 on the GoPro Hero.

I have one and use it for boating and track events.

zelatore
12-14-2010, 05:51 PM
+2 on the GoPro. There are cheaper cameras, and there are easier to use cameras, but nothing I've seen touches it for quality at the price.

Heck, I've noticed them showing up on TV a lot lately. Watch the background of shows like Mythbusters and you'll see GoPro's mounted to a helmet our outside of a car. Good quality HD video and (at least from their point of view) a disposable price.

Selenium
12-14-2010, 06:46 PM
Any of you tried the FLIP HD with their tripod mount? I'm thinking this may work with the cleat and some duct tape?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003N7NPF4/ref=asc_df_B003N7NPF41355909?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B003N7NPF4

IpanemaSports
12-14-2010, 07:05 PM
+3 GoPro all the way!

Great video too "inlander", thanks.

inlander
12-14-2010, 08:30 PM
In my videos GoPro is mounted with a suction cup and the mounting system works great! Just for a little added safety, I'll tie something onto the mount... just in case. It's a very solid mount and is adjustable. Haven't had any problems with it getting loose. Seen these mounted on all sorts of things; surf boards, cars, model airplanes... The only problem I've had is a rattling noise from vibration. Haven't experimented with it that much, but I think some foam should fix the problem.

hardcrab
12-14-2010, 08:48 PM
I didn't realize I needed another toy .. Thanks a lot , guys .....Thanks a lot .

axelkloehn
12-15-2010, 06:21 AM
also with the GoPro HD on Michis Shelby- nice screaming whipple!!

Tony
12-15-2010, 07:48 AM

Great Shelby video, Axel. I love the shot of the two sh!t-eating grins, and the guys cheeks fluttering around at speed...:yes:

HallJ
12-15-2010, 08:18 AM

How's the Glühwein over there?

Jeff

BlakeSullivan
12-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Well I guess Go Pro it is thanks for all the help

pipnit
12-15-2010, 10:37 AM
+1 on the GoPro HD. I use a GoPro for dirt biking a lot, haven't done a run on the donzi with it yet. You might also look at the contour cams, they have a really nice image as well.

VetteLT193
12-15-2010, 01:43 PM
one of the things that the GoPro has that other cameras do not is wide angle. The limited angle view of normal cameras don't give the same result.

pipnit
12-15-2010, 08:19 PM
one of the things that the GoPro has that other cameras do not is wide angle. The limited angle view of normal cameras don't give the same result.

True but its a fixed focal length lens. If you want wire, you're stuck with it. I'm not complaining just sayin'. FYI, I have the super wide one and really like it. If it wasn't wide you get too busy of an image for motocross and you want to puke after watching it for a coup,e minutes.

Conquistador_del_mar
12-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Look into GoPro Hero HD. Operation of the camera could be a little more user friendly, but the videos are amazing. My entire kit ran about $299.00, which includes camera, mounting hardware, and waterproof case. Here's a great example of GoPro video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnmzSgnZVeII've also got a couple of GoPro videos posted on the D. Registry. Check out these:

Donzi Dayz & Texas/Arkansas/California Donzi

Great video with a great song. I listened to that song by Grand Funk almost every day in about 1969 to get me pumped up. Bill

Kurts111699
12-16-2010, 12:15 AM
That is my boat and I have tryed to post that video for some reason it won't let me.I have a 38zr too on you tube in oc maryland check them out .Please someone look in to why I can't post videos I am a Donzi freak.My very good friend Carson is riding shotgun and is the man who posted it on you tube also 100mph donzi we got 50k+ views on that.

inlander
12-16-2010, 01:35 AM
That is my boat and I have tryed to post that video for some reason it won't let me.I have a 38zr too on you tube in oc maryland check them out .Please someone look in to why I can't post videos I am a Donzi freak.My very good friend Carson is riding shotgun and is the man who posted it on you tube also 100mph donzi we got 50k+ views on that.

Remarkable video. Fine job! It's why I bought a GoPro. All I want now is the 22!

I've posted youtube videos by clicking on the youtube "Share" box. I then highlight the youtube address, copy it onto the tool bar "edit" box and paste it onto the Donzi Registry posting. No problems when I posted your video here. Good luck.

Selenium
12-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Flip HD mounted...will let you know 2011 Boating Season how good the vid is.

inlander
02-01-2011, 03:26 PM
For those GoPro enthusiasts, they just came out with a LCD viewing screen that attaches to the back of the camera. Included in the price is the deeper doors for the waterproof case. New product is called the "LCD BacPac". It now allows you to view what you are shooting and playback immediately. Camera is really cool, but needed a viewing screen. :popcorn:

gopro.com/Hero

BlakeSullivan
02-01-2011, 03:55 PM
I went to Amazon and ordered my screen today.

inlander
02-01-2011, 06:43 PM
I went to Amazon and ordered my screen today.

Ordered mine too. Was a little frustrating to video all day and not know what you had until you downloaded it. Glad I had the Hero 1080, cause the attachment doesn't work on all the models. Can't wait to give er a try.

Michi Besler
02-04-2011, 08:28 AM

Hi Axel, looking very forward to ride again, unfortunately not until in 2 to 3 month ;-(