PDA

View Full Version : 18' 1971 Holman and Moody donzi classic skyblue!

Moody Blu'
12-13-2010, 11:04 PM
This is a 1971 Donzi HOLMAN ANDMOODY edition classic
Has the H&M plate right on the plate that connects the motor to the drive.
it has a mildly tuned 351w with a balanced rotating assembly. with around 150 hours on it was broke in on penzoil sae 30 weight oil and used mobil 1 10w-30 after break in
magna fluxed 1975 351w block & heads
hyperutectic pistons,
stock valve train
new ford motorsport racing valve covers
lunati custom grind cam shaft& hydraulic lifters(have specs), close to this but mroe power around 4500 higher http://www.holley.com/00110.asp
edelbrock rpm performer intake,
edelbrock marine 750 cfm carb with 2 hours on it custom modified with less restriction for higher airflow.
1" carb velocity atomization stack(gained 100rpm)
msd billit distributor with new cap and rotor
HI-TEK stainless equal length tubular headers 2 1/4" header piping inner diameter of out let is 3" outer is 4" these are a one off set they are the only ones in existence.
they usually make these as 2" inner 3 " outer.(I wanted top end power for more speed)
ignition is all controlled by a msd 6t ignition
msd rev limiter with 6000 cut off.(motor never went over 5300)
accel super coil
ford motorsport 9mm racing wires BRAND NEW(stainless sparkplug terminals/connectors)
Holley marine130 gph fuel pump
http://www.marinemanifold.com/partsp...rbs/carb11.htm
drive is a volvo 250 with brand new universals and drive boot installed as of 150 hours ago everything else is in good shape
have 4 props for it, one crapo aluminum 18p one 19pitch aluminum junk, but works. a LH brass prop24 1/2px 14 1/2" which was just redone and can still be worked more to tweak the boat but need a bigger cam and head work. i also have a 25px14 ULTRA which i never tried.this boat has a brand new built rite interior and 40 oz carpet with donzi embroidered in it, 150 hours on gaffrig II gauges,with CUSTOM polished bezels, rpm, speedo, batt, oil, water temp, gas tank and hour meter
boat has all original throttle and LEFT HAND steering controls (with a new steering cable and assembly thanks to MOP) so if these peices were sent to a chromer and redone they would look brand new once cleaned up.
the boat has a fuel water seperator that needs to be replaced but has a good mounting place for it along with the oil filter relocation unit which is right next to the fuel water sep/ filter
has a rule 2000 bilge pump and float switch.
the boat also has a old style merc low water pick up unit with a brass strainer on the bottom and a water intake strainer as well to keep dirt out of the motor(one of the best modfications i ever did besides the new headers)
the boat has 1 major cosmetic flaw the deck got caught up on cinder blocks and ripped part of the starboard rear deck area. there are pics in the photo bucket, look for them, it coan be repaired.
there are also some dumb cut outs at the back of the motor hatch which a previous owner did. The boat also has a newly aquired MTI BUNK trailer which is a dual axle with brand new bias ply continanetals along with 2 brand new spares. this trailer was originally dr dans trailer(22 footer) and I changed the tongue position to fit my 18' classic which worked out well and I splash the boat in at the ramp by myself and load it by myself its very easy if you get the technique down right and have a good ramp..
this boat will get up on plane with 5 passengers in it and the pin up all the way, it has gut wrenching torque, the drive has been rock solid. it does have stress cracks near the stringers but all of that can and should be adressed when the deck comes off. (the boat has had the same cracks since i bought it in 1990) and i believe they are just surface cracks structurally they are still holding. if you take the paint off it has a nice gel coat underneath it which could be buffed out. there are a couple cuts in the hull which could use some repair(deck sepearation job) but its been leak free.
I also have a spare early 275 tilt trim drive that goes with it if someone wants to change it over to tilt(have all parts needed )
I have a brand new 25 gallon oem aluminum replacement gas tank
As well as a 12 quart race oil pan with 4 gates and a windage tray
I have a polished stainless arp bolt set for the motor
I have brand new OEM old style donzi stickers and emblems for the finishing touch on the restoration.
This boat needs a deck off job to replace the gas tank, change the oil pan, repaint the motor, replace/refinish the metal trim and gut the old wiring and do a fresh wiring job. Also, the 275T drive will give you trim
this boat did an honest 63mph on gps and with trim i would say 67-69 mph!
IM taking offers and the boat can be seen by appointment.
I hate to get rid of it but money is tight, this would be a great winter project for someone.
here is a link to all the pictures of it.
mind u some of the motor pictures are before the headers.. and some after(aluminum valve covers and stainless shiny headers are the new pics
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/beerock69/me%20pics/boat/?start=all

kraffty
12-14-2010, 04:13 PM
What is up with the surface drive? I see pics of it but no mention in your description. Also how much?

Moody Blu'
12-14-2010, 07:52 PM
I almost bought one from a member on the board. I never bought it.

I put the for sale post here first, its gonna go on ebay at some point, it bothers me to sell it but i have to do what i have to do.

Moody Blu'
12-14-2010, 09:07 PM
8k takes it

look t it this way.

headers cost they are custom one off 2k
interior cost 2k
gas tank was 1500
engine mods 2k
gauges were 1k
trailer was 2k

spare 275 trim/tilt drive, 800 (got a great deal thanks to MOP)

this boat just need the deck off project and a little tlc and it will run like a champ for years to come, I hate to sell i tbut i have to do what i have to do

Donzi Vol
12-15-2010, 07:30 PM
That's a great deal, IMO. Someone on here needs to get it!

Sorry to see you're selling. You'll find another one day, I'm sure.

NJFASTECH
12-16-2010, 06:08 PM
How much for the trailor? I am across the bridge

Moody Blu'
12-16-2010, 10:39 PM
the trailer is staying with the boat, so buy that too!

Its gonna go on ebay soon 8k is starting bid n here, id rather sell it to a member then a no one on ebay.

Donzinewbee
01-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Intrested in boat. Is it still available? If so email me at acosta@dcb1.net

Moody Blu'
02-02-2011, 04:45 PM
anyone interested?

Sweet little 16
03-31-2011, 10:04 AM
still for sale?

Moody Blu'
03-31-2011, 06:30 PM
yea shoot me an email beerock69@gmail.com

Moody Blu'
04-12-2011, 10:44 AM
have not heard form you sweet little 16

Just Say N20
04-12-2011, 10:57 AM
have not heard form you sweet little 16

SL16 was not interested in your boat. A while back he went through and posted this question on many of the boats listed by site participants to get them to the top of the Donzis for Sale section.

Moody Blu'
04-12-2011, 02:34 PM
thanks, someone messaged me about it as well

Im willing to let this boat go for a steal, make me an offer

reallywantadonzi
07-14-2011, 11:02 AM
I recently got interested in owning a vintage Donzi 16 but your boat is a pretty interesting project. Biggest problem is my location in Mississippi. Looks like you're in New Jersey? If you let it go cheap enough and I could get it shipped here cheap enough (and I could figure out how to convince my wife that I need another project) I'd love to restore this boat.

Buddyc
07-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Where in NJ aare you? Im in Voorhees

W.Davis
05-03-2012, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Did you sell it yet?

Moody Blu'
05-04-2012, 07:10 PM
I found a buddy with a large garage to do the deck off and hes 20 min away from me. I may be interested in selling for the right price though