PDA

View Full Version : Dear Canadian Friends....

Phil S
12-13-2010, 04:56 PM
.....any chance I could talk you into keeping your "Canadian Arctic Blasts" slightly North of the Mason-Dixon line ? :lookaroun: DAANG it's cold out !! Low tonight in SOUTH Carolina is something like 17* with wind gusts up to 30 mph tonight ! :nilly:

Offset
12-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Phil our weather stations are reporting that all this cold air is coming from Alaska and freezing our Canadian butts off. Hopefully it will warm up a little for you soon, I know we are in it for the long haul now. I am in Northern Ontario, very cold here today with strong winds. Not Donzi weather at all!
Murray Adam

gero1
12-13-2010, 06:12 PM
dont feel bad phil, i got 5 in of snow last night and it's going to be around 8-10 in the nashville area tonight with a wind chill of -5....just keep thinking summer!

badbird
12-13-2010, 06:40 PM
Don't feel bad,-25c here today and blowing like a bitch!:shocking:oh and lots of snow.

Phil S
12-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Phil our weather stations are reporting that all this cold air is coming from Alaska and freezing our Canadian butts off. Hopefully it will warm up a little for you soon, I know we are in it for the long haul now. I am in Northern Ontario, very cold here today with strong winds. Not Donzi weather at all!
Murray Adam

I apologize to my Canadian Friends then :wink:....they (weather folks here) called it a "Canadian Arctic Blast" ! Wherever the heck it came from....Al Gore can kiss my.....

Anybody want to debate the whole "global warming" issue with me ???....then step outside !!! (literally) :yes:

Stay warm folks !
Phil

Phil S
12-13-2010, 09:12 PM
I know it's worse in other places....I'm just bitchin'.....DW has like 20 feet of snow, building Igloos & such, but dammit ya'll are used to this shhtuff ! Unless I'm skiing and dressed for it dang it....Sarah can keep these temps up there !!

Worst part about it is....I CAN'T FIND MY FRICKIN' SNUGGIE !!!!

(sorry, was that out-loud ? ) :lookaroun:

WKR,
Phil

Cuda
12-13-2010, 11:36 PM
It's supposed to be 29 tonight in the Tampa Bay area. If it gets any colder I'm moving to Cuba. My dad says the Virgin Islands would be his choice, and he's from West Virginia where he saw snow once on June 10th.:eek:

axelkloehn
12-14-2010, 03:32 AM
I apologize to my Canadian Friends then :wink:....they (weather folks here) called it a "Canadian Arctic Blast" ! Wherever the heck it came from....Al Gore can kiss my.....

Anybody want to debate the whole "global warming" issue with me ???....then step outside !!! (literally) :yes:

Stay warm folks !
Phil

It is not only you guys suffering from cold weather. We in Germany had the coldest year since 63 years and the winter again started too early with unexpected amounts of snow and permanent freeze for weeks already- thanks god 3 days after I winterized my GT21.
I also do not believe in this global warming issue, seems to my like the north of our planet is getting colder and the south is getting warmer, and the drop of temperatures in the north is a bit less than the warming of the south- so if you summ it up it is getting warmer on panet earth but you can't call it global warming when you say it is getting warmer everywhere except germany, north-europe, scandinavia, north asia, north USA, canada, alaska... :confused:

BUIZILLA
12-14-2010, 07:54 AM
It's supposed to be 29 tonight in the Tampa Bay area. I thought your house was in Deland?

Carl C
12-14-2010, 08:22 AM
I'll call my sister in Alaska and tell her to knock it off. It's miserable here in Michigan. I am so glad I bought a new 4 WD truck!

Cuda
12-14-2010, 08:40 AM
I thought your house was in Deland?
I moved two months ago, I'm back in Pinellas Park.

BUIZILLA
12-14-2010, 09:07 AM
did you sell the house? I didn't know you moved..

gcarter
12-14-2010, 09:24 AM
Here it is @ 10:20 and it has finally warmed up to 33* from a low of about 23*!!!!
It seems we're about a month ahead for the normal weather.
We usually don't see weather like this until january.

I found it very entertaining that the weather malcontents in Cancun had to experience some of the coldest weather in history for the region.

Cuda
12-14-2010, 09:35 AM
did you sell the house? I didn't know you moved..
I got tired of fighting the bank over it. They did a modification of the loan and came back with the exact same intrest rate I had. All they did was move the payments I was behind to the end of the loan. I told them I had already proved I couldn't make those payments, and if they foreclosed the house they would have to find a new buyer when they already had one.....me!
The straw that broke the camel's back was when a guy from Panama City, Panama called about the loan. Our country is going broke, but Chase Home Finance thinks it's ok to move the work offshore.

Cuda
12-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Here it is @ 10:20 and it has finally warmed up to 33* from a low of about 23*!!!!
It seems we're about a month ahead for the normal weather.
We usually don't see weather like this until january.

I found it very entertaining that the weather malcontents in Cancun had to experience some of the coldest weather in history for the region.
I wondered how cold it would get in the center of the state. We are surrounded by water, which has a moderating effect on temps. It has never hit 100 degrees in the summer, not once. One summer in Deland it was over 100 seven times.

Barry Eller
12-14-2010, 11:39 AM
39* in Gulf Breeze Florida...11:49 AM CST...Brrrrrr