PDA

View Full Version : first time donzi here

Fishermanjm
12-10-2010, 02:54 PM
ok people i bought my first donzi 2001 22 classic super clean boat bought her in MD she will be prowling narragansett bay now any ideas with engine flushing??? she is put away for the winter for now i'll have some pics soon

fasttrucker
12-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Yes,you need to flush the motor everytime in salt.Is that your ?

Fishermanjm
12-13-2010, 12:33 PM
the question is how??? should i stick with the garden hose and muffs... how bout that salt-away stuff??? i have an outboard that i flush with the garden hose i guess i will stick to that

fasttrucker
12-14-2010, 12:55 PM
the question is how??? should i stick with the garden hose and muffs... how bout that salt-away stuff??? i have an outboard that i flush with the garden hose i guess i will stick to that
Garden hose and muffs will work just fine.The big thing here is make sure you do it every time and dont let that salt sit in your risers.You can add a sea-strainer(a big help if you run in seaweeds) and have it go to the transom with a hose connection mounted for easy flushing.(I did that on my 28zx).I wouldnt waste my money on the salt-away stuff but,Iam sure someone here uses it and loves it.

VetteLT193
12-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Garden hose and muffs will work just fine.The big thing here is make sure you do it every time and dont let that salt sit in your risers.You can add a sea-strainer(a big help if you run in seaweeds) and have it go to the transom with a hose connection mounted for easy flushing.(I did that on my 28zx).I wouldnt waste my money on the salt-away stuff but,Iam sure someone here uses it and loves it.

I use it and love Salt Away. It absolutely works.