PDA

View Full Version : Carb had no jets in secondary!!

flying tomato
12-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Wow,
So, I went out on the lake today to jet my carb to my new motor. Plugs looked white while in primarys. So, I brought some jet for the primarys. I pulled the secondary bowl and to my amazement, there were NO JETS!!! Carb is a BG 850 Annular Marine Demon, vac secondary. I called BG to make sure I was not missing something. BG said that my carb should have had #88 jet in the secondaries.

Some background on this carb: I bought it 2 years ago for my 489 cid motor and never had it apart due to plugs looking good to a little lean.

More info: I replaced the stock 82 primaries with #86's and that got the plugs looking good. (a little brown on the ring)

So, I placed some #94 jets in the secondaries and did a test run. To my amazement. The motor seemed weak, compared to the few times that I opened it up with no jets.

Ran out of time for more testing. More to come later.

Has anyone else bought a new Barry Grant Marine Demon that had the same LACK of secondary jets?????????????

The Hedgehog
12-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Wow,
So, I went out on the lake today to jet my carb to my new motor. Plugs looked white while in primarys. So, I brought some jet for the primarys. I pulled the secondary bowl and to my amazement, there were NO JETS!!! Carb is a BG 850 Annular Marine Demon, vac secondary. I called BG to make sure I was not missing something. BG said that my carb should have had #88 jet in the secondaries.

Some background on this carb: I bought it 2 years ago for my 489 cid motor and never had it apart due to plugs looking good to a little lean.

More info: I replaced the stock 82 primaries with #86's and that got the plugs looking good. (a little brown on the ring)

So, I placed some #94 jets in the secondaries and did a test run. To my amazement. The motor seemed weak, compared to the few times that I opened it up with no jets.

Ran out of time for more testing. More to come later.

Has anyone else bought a new Barry Grant Marine Demon that had the same LACK of secondary jets?????????????

That would not be my first bad BG or Nickerson story I have heard.

I have called BG before. I was not impressed. I guess that they were too important to talk to me much.