PDA

View Full Version : 22 classic hull design???

Zinger
12-02-2010, 12:00 PM
I have two 22 classic transom drawings one is a 98 and the other is a 06, they are not the same my 98 has a rounded bottom with another strake and the 06 is a vee bottom with one strake the dimensions are also different. Does anyone have info on this. Jp

gcarter
12-02-2010, 12:33 PM
One of your drawings is wrong.
Here's the major differences in the two;

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50476&page=6

Selenium
12-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Here's the one from 1999, I just got this from Donzi yesterday.

RickSE
12-02-2010, 01:31 PM
I have two 22 classic transom drawings one is a 98 and the other is a 06, they are not the same my 98 has a rounded bottom with another strake and the 06 is a vee bottom with one strake the dimensions are also different. Does anyone have info on this. Jp

Could the 06 drawing you have be a 22ZX? I can't remember how many strakes the ZX has but I believe it has a sharp V-bottom.

gcarter
12-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Here's the drawing in question of the boat labeled "22C".
I'd have to assume the drawing has been mis-labeled because there's nothing on it that compares to a 22 Classic.
Maybe Rick is correct, and I hope he can shed some light on it.

MOP
12-02-2010, 06:09 PM
None of the 22's have a V keel, also none have the dip low in the sides a few inches above the chine like Georges drawing. It is just a decent off hand sketch not true to form.

Pismo
12-02-2010, 07:56 PM
None of the 22's have a V keel, also none have the dip low in the sides a few inches above the chine like Georges drawing. It is just a decent off hand sketch not true to form.

I agree, nice sketch but not exactly accurate in detail, Shelby steering rams tho. V keel is wrong as are the sides.

joseph m. hahnl
12-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Looks to me like it is a placement, start points. features to be measured from to put all the cut outs in the right spot.

there is a 1/4 " discrepency between the center line dimension to the outer strakes on the two drawings

The trailer drawing has a centerline of 23 3/4 "

The Rigging drawing has a centerline of 24"

DonziJon
12-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Looks to me like it is a placement, start points. features to be measured from to put all the cut outs in the right spot.

I concur. This drawing is only designed to be used for locating the cutouts and hardware locations for the 496 engine. Engieering Drawing Practice dictates that ONLY the information required to get the job done is to be included on the drawing. In all likelyhood, that drawing is a "shop drawing" that would be used only once..attached to a particular boat with specific options.

Any other details which are not required....such as exact transom shape in this case, are superfluous and a waste of the draftsmens time. :yes: DJ