PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here from Miami with 06 22 Classic?

Selenium
11-30-2010, 02:58 PM
I may need a favor to ask... I'm in Seattle and in need of a cockpit cover. I found a place in Miami, but would need your boat for a template (just to do the cover no snaps). Thanks for anyone willing to step up...Pacific NW Smoked Salmon will be your rewards :-)

DonziJon
11-30-2010, 04:33 PM
I think you may have found that canvas people want to FIT the cover to the boat in question so they "Get It Right". Custom covers are just that.. Custom.

I suspect that no two boats are exactly alike..windshield placement..2 inches this way or that...and canvas guys don't want to build to a "floating dimension"...certainly for a $300+ cover. If they build a cover that doesn't fit and the owner isn't happy...SCRAP the cover and do it again. Can't make any money or reputation that way. :nilly: DJ

GBond
11-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Not's to worry.....You have plenty of options in your immediate area I'm sure. Do a search and ask around locally. I've had 3 cockpit covers fabbed
over the years on my 22c just down the road at a reputable canvas shop. Last one was around $350 with center rod/support and 4 twist/turn snaps staggered across the front. You'll have to take your boat to get the correct fit. No way around it.

Hope this helps...make it happen! :kingme:

yeller
12-01-2010, 12:09 AM
A cockpit cover isn't that critical. We're not talking about something that is skin-tight. There is some room for error. If you can find someone with a 22C and the same windshield that is willing to lend their boat to the upholstery shop, you'll be fine. The fit will be very close, if not extremely close. I can guarantee you that the factory doesn't custom fit every cockpit cover. They will have a template that is used for all boats (of the same design).

You can't have them install the snaps, but obviously you already know that.

GBond
12-01-2010, 08:11 AM
A cockpit cover isn't that critical. We're not talking about something that is skin-tight. There is some room for error. If you can find someone with a 22C and the same windshield that is willing to lend their boat to the upholstery shop, you'll be fine. The fit will be very close, if not extremely close. I can guarantee you that the factory doesn't custom fit every cockpit cover. They will have a template that is used for all boats (of the same design).

You can't have them install the snaps, but obviously you already know that.

You are right ol' Yeller :D

fasttrucker
12-01-2010, 02:15 PM
I may need a favor to ask... I'm in Seattle and in need of a cockpit cover. I found a place in Miami, but would need your boat for a template (just to do the cover no snaps). Thanks for anyone willing to step up...Pacific NW Smoked Salmon will be your rewards :-)
Hey,You need to find a custom canvas shop in your area.Take Your donzi to him.He will make you one.Thats the way to go.Quit overthinking this or you will be unhappy.Trust me.

Rumblefish
12-02-2010, 07:11 AM
Hey,You need to find a custom canvas shop in your area.Take Your donzi to him.He will make you one.Thats the way to go.Quit overthinking this or you will be unhappy.Trust me.

Yes as stated in previous posts.. unless your in a barren waste land, im sure a canvas shop in driving distance can assit you with the proper color and install.

"Price is long forgotten after the quality is remembered"

now go have fun...

catch 22
12-03-2010, 05:55 AM
Everyone is saying about $350, I think Seleniun got a price up there and it was about $950? That's a lot for a cover.Selenium, how about a 1998 22? I Could use some more FISH. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

fasttrucker
12-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Everyone is saying about $350, I think Seleniun got a price up there and it was about $950? That's a lot for a cover.Selenium, how about a 1998 22? I Could use some more FISH. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
I think that $950 is a lot.Call around.Hey call my guy kevin at canvis plus(he has a donzi classic here at jackson marina that he could use as a template. have him make you one without postioning the snaps.Then get a local guy to put in the snaps? 410-287-9450.Let us know.

Selenium
12-03-2010, 01:34 PM
thanks

I think that $950 is a lot.Call around.Hey call my guy kevin at canvis plus(he has a donzi classic here at jackson marina that he could use as a template. have him make you one without postioning the snaps.Then get a local guy to put in the snaps? 410-287-9450.Let us know.

Selenium
12-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Xmas is coming...have you been good?

3rdDonzi
12-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Call these people in Seattle:

Cunningham Aircraft Covers Inc Address: 19018 59TH DR NE ARLINGTON, WA Phone: 360-435-0342 Ask for Sylvia Parrish.

They made a custom full cover for my 18 Classic with only a template that I made with clear plastic and a Sharpie along with a picture. It fits like a glove and was very reasonable. ($450.00 but it is a feather weight dust cover for inside use)
Even though I live in North Carolina I insisted on having them do it because of the incredible fit and quality of the work on the covers they made for me for an antique aircraft.
3D

catch 22
12-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Xmas is coming...have you been good?
God I hope so, but your Santa, you know who's been naughty or nice.!!! :-)