PDA

View Full Version : campion chase ???

badbird
11-24-2010, 07:58 PM
I found this 1999 campion chase for sale,22 ft with a 383 stroker.
do you guys have any input on this brand?I know that they are made here in Canada.Anyone????

Thanks

Ed Donnelly
11-24-2010, 08:13 PM
They are made in the interior B.C. They have been around forever..

Check with a few of the dealers in Ontario,as they will give you good feedback if they carry more thasn 1 line of boat.........Ed

lars
11-26-2010, 11:27 PM
The Chase series among the Campion brand boats were inspired by the Velocity, Steve Stepp designed, hulls. Rex Jardine and his father Ross were co-founders of the big volume Campion brand. The boats sold well and were exported to many countries from B.C., Canada.
Rex always liked fast boats and created the so called APEX bottom on the Chase series. The boats were pretty fast with moderate power, but handling overall wasn't considered exciting. The quality was O.K., but nothing to brag about. One has to remember that Campion was always a high volume manufacturer of reasonably priced boats.
Rex Jardine spent more and more time in the U.S. custom boat manufacturing scene, after he sold his interest in the Company after about 30 years. He is now manufacturing Batboats, under licence from Swedish designer Ocke Mannerfelt by the name Vector Powerboats, back home again in Kelowna, B.C. Canada.

Link; http://www.vectorpowerboats.com/HOME.html

badbird
11-27-2010, 07:38 AM
Here is the ad.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-watercraft-powerboats-motorboats-campion-chase-speeboat-powerboat-W0QQAdIdZ244286406#

lars
11-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Looks like a nice little boat for the money, if she's really turn key and as well kept as the photos portraiy I would go out for a sea trial in some chop and see how she feels.
I remember taking a 10 day car trip, many years ago, with a nice girl friend of mine and there's nothing like spending a few hours out there in the rough to see how things most likely work out in the long run :crossfing:

Conquistador_del_mar
11-27-2010, 08:03 PM
The Chase series among the Campion brand boats were inspired by the Velocity, Steve Stepp designed, hulls. Rex Jardine and his father Ross were co-founders of the big volume Campion brand. The boats sold well and were exported to many countries from B.C., Canada.
Rex always liked fast boats and created the so called APEX bottom on the Chase series. The boats were pretty fast with moderate power, but handling overall wasn't considered exciting. The quality was O.K., but nothing to brag about. One has to remember that Campion was always a high volume manufacturer of reasonably priced boats.
Rex Jardine spent more and more time in the U.S. custom boat manufacturing scene, after he sold his interest in the Company after about 30 years. He is now manufacturing Batboats, under licence from Swedish designer Ocke Mannerfelt by the name Vector Powerboats, back home again in Kelowna, B.C. Canada.

Link; http://www.vectorpowerboats.com/HOME.html

Lars,
You should be writing for a boat racing history media company if you don't already. Bill

lars
11-28-2010, 10:43 PM
If I would have the pleasure to get a little hobby writing gig like that, I know for sure that a visit to Denison, TX would be The Way to get some great material about quite a few classic boats.

P.S. Don't even think about ever selling that Kevlar 49 Eliminator 23' Daytona

without letting me know beforehand Bill. I've got that one right at the top of

my wish list of boats to own :yes: D.S.

Conquistador_del_mar
11-29-2010, 01:31 AM
If I would have the pleasure to get a little hobby writing gig like that, I know for sure that a visit to Denison, TX would be The Way to get some great material about quite a few classic boats.

P.S. Don't even think about ever selling that Kevlar 49 Eliminator 23' Daytona

without letting me know beforehand Bill. I've got that one right at the top of

my wish list of boats to own :yes: D.S.

Lars,
You don't know how great that makes me feel. When I eventually sell the Eliminator, I have to sell it to someone who I know will take excellent care of it since it means quite a bit to me. It will be sort of an adoption - lol. Here is a post I made about it last year. Bill

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showpost.php?p=539021&postcount=71