PDA

View Full Version : Sweet 16 - $6500 - 4.3 (Not Mine)

jstrahn
11-22-2010, 09:56 AM
I've seen this one for sale before awhile back. Might be worth it but $100 to take a test ride? :confused: I guess he's getting a lot of tire kickers?

kraffty
11-22-2010, 01:02 PM
I dont blame him for $100.00 test ride. People come over and want a test ride then tell you they have no money afterwards. I do the same thing. It takes alot of time to run the boat across town to dock and put in the water. My time is worth that. You would be surprised how fast you can weed out tire kickers this way.

Eplebnista
11-22-2010, 01:39 PM
This is his third craiglist listing for this boat in the last 9 months. I bet he's tired of giving joy rides. IIRC, he's reduced the asking price since his first shot at selling.

Donzinewbee
01-14-2011, 11:09 AM
WHat do you guys think of the v6 option for this boat? Its not a bad price and a way for me to get into a donzi pretty quick. Im going to see it. WHat should I look for when I go?

Any help would be great. I have not owned a donzi yet.

axelkloehn
01-17-2011, 01:58 AM
WHat do you guys think of the v6 option for this boat? Its not a bad price and a way for me to get into a donzi pretty quick. Im going to see it. WHat should I look for when I go?

Any help would be great. I have not owned a donzi yet.

Sorry, V6-owners- no offense, but I would go for a v8

Just Say N20
01-17-2011, 06:09 AM
It is a good question.

What do you ultimately want?

Practically, the V6 is more fuel efficient and performs almost as well as a V8 in a 16, because it is lighter.

However, very few people I know buy a Donzi because they are looking for something practical. Classic Donzis are old school high performance sport boats. To me that means a V8 with thru-hull exhaust is a must as part of the package.

Having said that, I know there are a lot of happy V6 powered 16 owners out there.

If you really want a Donzi with a V8, save up a little more money, and something more like you want is bound to come along. If this would be a "settle for it" Donzi, you will ultimately want to replace it with what you really want, which will cost you a lot more in the end.

John C in PA
01-17-2011, 07:36 AM
It is a good question.

What do you ultimately want?

Practically, the V6 is more fuel efficient and performs almost as well as a V8 in a 16, because it is lighter.

However, very few people I know buy a Donzi because they are looking for something practical. Classic Donzis are old school high performance sport boats. To me that means a V8 with thru-hull exhaust is a must as part of the package.

Having said that, I know there are a lot of happy V6 powered 16 owners out there.

If you really want a Donzi with a V8, save up a little more money, and something more like you want is bound to come along. If this would be a "settle for it" Donzi, you will ultimately want to replace it with what you really want, which will cost you a lot more in the end.

Perfectly stated Bill. That's that's exactly what drove my search and final decision.

John C

Donzinewbee
01-17-2011, 08:21 AM
The price is right on this one and he is the original owner. I spoke with him for a while.

He is driving moving the boat from his house in Maraland somewhere to new smyrna beach, FL. That's when we agreed to meet up so I can see it.

If it looks good I'll make him an offer. The pictures he has on the listing are crappy so im trying to see if he can send me more.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks, guys...

DannyK
01-17-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm quite happy with my V6 Sweet 16. I wanted a V8, but got a great deal on a one owner, garaged, low hour V6 Cobra in mint condition. She does 55 mph and will cruise all day on 20 bucks worth of gas. I could always drop in a 350 or 383, but with gas prices expected to rise dramatically this coming season, I'll just enjoy the V6 as is. Hurry up Summer ! :)

donzi racer
01-17-2011, 09:00 PM
This may be your boat, Donzi Newbee. If it is in good shape, the price is definitely in the right price range. Danny is right in the respect that most all V-6 16 foot owners seem to have smiles on their faces, especially when pulling up to & leaving the gas pumps. If the V-8 that was used on the later model 16's was a higher HP 350 cu inch instead of the moderate 305 or 5.0 litre, I can see a lot more people going for & being happy with the v-8 in the 16. Most people that leave the 16 with the 4.3 V-6 are movin up to an 18 or a 22 & then the v-8 is much more important. I always wanted a new V-8 16 until I drove both the V-6 & the V-8. Other than the sound of the V-8, the V-6 was great fun, great for skiing, cruising, & flat out. Just my 2c but this may be for you. Location is defiitely a plus for you also. Great luck to you, hope this one works out for you. Tom