PDA

View Full Version : Brezzers NC BBQ Sauce

Barry Eller
11-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Brezzers NC BBQ Sauce
I thought I'd share this recipe with you...
This is my own version of a North Carolina
Vinegar BBQ Sauce. It has more KICK that the "Old Family Recipe" I based it on.

Brezzers BBQ Sauce

2 cups white vinegar
1 cup water
3tbs black pepper
3tbs salt
2tbs crushed red pepper
2tbs cayenne pepper
2tbs Crystal Hot Sauce (or your favorite cayenne pepper hot sauce) I don't like Tabasco's flavor...
2tbs Worcestershire sauce
2tbs butter

Bring to a rolling boil and stir while boiling

Let cool and store refrigerated.

You can double the recipe to make a larger batch.

I marinate chicken (skin on) overnight and then grill. If you want it even hotter, you can double dip the chicken half way through the cooking cycle. The best chicken wings ever! I use whole wings and marinate them in a zip lock plastic bag. You can even freeze in them in the sauce in a frezzer bag and they are marinated when you thaw them.

If you use it on pork as a side sauce, be careful as it is HOT!

I use this sauce mostly as a marinade for chicken and pork chops and ribs and I always "double dip" or re-baste half way through the cooking cycle.

Don't re-use the marinade after it has touched raw meat.

I store the sauce in a plastic bottle in the refrigerator as it will keep for months.

Enjoy!

Barry

McGary911
11-21-2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks Barry. I'm always looking for different types of spicy sauces. I'm pretty sure I can make this without a trip to the store.

HOWARD O
11-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Nice recipe, Barry! Might give that a go, I prefer it spiced up. Being as I live in eastern NC, your recipe is indeed authentic! :yes:

Barry Eller
11-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Nice recipe, Barry! Might give that a go, I prefer it spiced up. Being as I live in eastern NC, your recipe is indeed authentic! :yes:

I was born in North Wilkesboro, NC. I also like Liver Mush...and good shine...:wink:

CHACHI
11-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Barry, come on..............liver mush?

Ken

Barry Eller
11-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Barry, come on..............liver mush?
Ken
Do you know what it is,Ken?:lookaroun::kingme:

CHACHI
11-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Barry, I haven't a clue what liver mush is.

But the more I think about it, those two words should not be used together in a sentence. :wink:

Ken

Barry Eller
11-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Barry, I haven't a clue what liver mush is.
But the more I think about it, those two words should not be used together in a sentence. :wink:
Ken
So I guess you don't like Beef Liver and Onions?
Fried Chicken Livers & Gizzards?:nilly:
Ohh...I forgot you're not from the South!!!:wink:
Here is a definition of Liver mush according to Wikipedia...It is good on toast with mustard or substituted for sausage for breakfast.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livermush

CHACHI
11-23-2010, 06:04 PM
So I guess you don't like Beef Liver and Onions?
Fried Chicken Livers & Gizzards?:nilly:
Ohh...I forgot you're not from the South!!!:wink:
Here is a definition of Liver mush according to Wikipedia...It is good on toast with mustard or substituted for sausage for breakfast.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livermush

Barry, I am sorry, but due to my gout, organ meats is not on the list of do good foods. So you are correct, I am not from the South, but I do like chicken fried steak, biscuts and gravy, and burbon, so if I ever make down to Pensacola, I will have a burbon with ya and maybe some "Q".

Ken

oledawg
11-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Ummmm....fried Neese's liver mush....a heart attack waiting to happen.....great stuff! :nilly: