PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Trib tab control (Bennett)

tylogans 22
11-19-2010, 09:21 AM
My 22C has Bennett trim tabs without trim indicators. I went on Bennetts website to investigate purchasing trim indicators and I found a system called Auto tab control-this system will automatically trim your boat. Has anyone ever used this system? Does it work?

any feedback will be appreciated.
Gregg

roadtrip se
11-19-2010, 10:00 AM
on a cruiser. Great for that purpose. Not so great on a performance boat.
Too slow to react to varied conditons at speed. My opinion.

You shouldn't need much tab on these boats any way, but that is a discussion for another day.

rickmb
11-19-2010, 08:45 PM
I put Lenco tabs with the indicator switch on the 22 classic and I must say its awesome knowing where the tabs are. :)

MOP
11-20-2010, 08:11 AM
The setup is set it and forget, I have several friends with it, true it is not for the top end guys but for the average guy it is the tits. Once it is set it will automatically adjust for weight shift keeping the boat where you want it, it reacts to any change in attitude due to shifting weight or speed changes. The biggest majority of classic owners only give their rigs a short blast every now and then, most like the fast cruise just love their Donzi's, many of them would enjoy the convenience.

BUIZILLA
11-20-2010, 08:30 AM
I had it 15 years ago, on a 25 Contender.. would never do it again, it worked good, but it was soooo ridiculously slowwww to be almost hazardous if you had to rely on it... i'm talking hundreds of yards traveled before any corrections started and it might take 1/4-1/2 mile or more to level out again.. then if anybody burped it started the circus all over again

Mr X
11-20-2010, 09:09 AM
I had it 15 years ago, on a 25 Contender.. would never do it again, it worked good, but it was soooo ridiculously slowwww to be almost hazardous if you had to rely on it... i'm talking hundreds of yards traveled before any corrections started and it might take 1/4-1/2 mile or more to level out again.. then if anybody burped it started the circus all over again
I don't know why....but I was just laughing out loud as I read your post Buiz, thats horrible and funny all in one! :kingme:

Carl C
11-20-2010, 09:14 AM

Not good. When running hard I make constant tweaks to trim and tabs. For me this adds to the enjoyment of driving my boat.

450rrrr
11-20-2010, 09:34 AM
My 22C has Bennett trim tabs without trim indicators. I went on Bennetts website to investigate purchasing trim indicators and I found a system called Auto tab control-this system will automatically trim your boat. Has anyone ever used this system? Does it work?

any feedback will be appreciated.
Gregg
i had that control on a baja i just got rid of...as stated before .great at 35 to 40.but after that could get a little hairy...i ended up just pulling out the fuse.

roadtrip se
11-20-2010, 09:51 AM
The biggest majority of classic owners only give their rigs a short blast every now and then, most like the fast cruise just love their Donzi's,

I find this as funny as Buizilla's burping Contender story. If this were the case with me and many others I know, the 502 MAG the boat had at first would still be under the hatch.

DonziJon
11-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Not good. When running hard I make constant tweaks to trim and tabs. For me this adds to the enjoyment of driving my boat.

Kinda like driving a Stick Vs. an Automatic. :bonk: DJ

tylogans 22
11-20-2010, 04:00 PM
I will not be installing this option my 22, I appreciate everyone's input.