PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Shelby/Viper 2007 - $75000 (Not Mine)

jstrahn
11-18-2010, 01:47 AM
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/2065135312.html

Text:
The PERFECT CHRISTMAS PRESENT!! One of a very few Donzi 22's with the Ilmor prepped 610HP V10. Has very few hours. Has every option available. Capable of 100mph it is surprisingly stable. Originally cost over $160,000

Planetwarmer
11-18-2010, 08:56 PM
This one has been for sale on here before. He showed pics of the orig sales invoice.

zelatore
11-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Yeah, we've seen that one several times. I suppose one day he'll sell it.

Here's a question for you though - 610 hp....100 mph?

There have to be plenty of guys making around that power with conventional power in 22s. Does this add up? Let's assume he's optimized X, and we can see the drive lower has been changed ... not sure about the weight of a standard iron BBC vs the V10, but shouldn't be much different.

Fast, yes. 100 mph though?

yeller
11-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Here's a question for you though - 610 hp....100 mph?

There have to be plenty of guys making around that power with conventional power in 22s. Does this add up? Let's assume he's optimized X, and we can see the drive lower has been changed ... not sure about the weight of a standard iron BBC vs the V10, but shouldn't be much different.

Fast, yes. 100 mph though?MrX has the 710 in his boat and last post I saw on his speed was 103.....so 610 I'm guessing 90. Nice boat though. Notice he's running a LH prop. Supposedly they couldn't keep the boat under control at the higher speeds until they switched to a lefty. That's what the owner of the shop that built it said when Lenny talked to him a couple years ago.

Ghost
11-20-2010, 09:10 AM
MrX has the 710 in his boat and last post I saw on his speed was 103.....so 610 I'm guessing 90. Nice boat though. Notice he's running a LH prop. Supposedly they couldn't keep the boat under control at the higher speeds until they switched to a lefty. That's what the owner of the shop that built it said when Lenny talked to him a couple years ago.

Surveying the data some more...don't we also have at least one stock blue motor (I think it's stock) at 525hp that has reached 86? So, the extra 85 hp of a 610p motor might yield what? Another 4-7 mph? With a raised X...doing the math in my head I can imagine mid, maybe even upper 90s. 100 still seems like it'd be a bit surprising to me, but I absolutely don't claim to know.

This is an unscientific poll. Margin of errof +/- 20% Your mileage may vary. Do not operate vehicle with shade in place.

yeller
11-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Surveying the data some more...don't we also have at least one stock blue motor (I think it's stock) at 525hp that has reached 86? So, the extra 85 hp of a 610p motor might yield what? Another 4-7 mph? With a raised X...doing the math in my head I can imagine mid, maybe even upper 90s. 100 still seems like it'd be a bit surprising to me, but I absolutely don't claim to know.
CarlC has a 525 with a shorty and does (I think) 84. I run about the same hp and hit 85~86 with a Blackhawk drive. There is a member near me with a 525 Raylar kit and shorty that runs about the same as Carls, so I there is no way the guy can run high 90's with only 85 more hp. I still say 90 or very low 90's.

roadtrip se
11-22-2010, 03:39 PM
the bigger question has to be what has been done in the bilge to keep that motor from not coming up with a stringer for lunch? If it was a yank and replace job, which is what it appears to be from the pics I have seen in the past, add an HD transom assembly, a cradle or at least hard engine mounts, and some significant fiberglass weave to that package to make it safe.

Not one to go negative on a for sale ad, but anyone here that would consider this thing at even half the asking price, needs to go in with eyes wide open. And before someone starts questioning why all this is necessary, feel free to PM me, and I will run you through it, as I just finished doing all of this to the Flowerpot and it wasn't just for grins and giggles.

As for the performance, i wouldn't run over 80 in that thing as it is set-up now.

CaribouLou
11-26-2010, 05:58 PM
The boat did 97on GPS according to all the local shops around here. It hauls the mail no doubt, but the biggest issue was keeping it from killing you everyone said.

The all alum motor weighs much less then a standard V8. I've got a chance to look at it up close, its put together well.

jonzis donzi
11-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Just a thought. What about torque, not just horse power. Viper engines have gobs of torque.

CaribouLou
11-26-2010, 07:13 PM
Its an Ilmor 610 in a 3000lbs boat....its going to haul the mail.

Buddyc
11-27-2010, 08:34 PM
It has to have the pucker factor... bet you need a jackhammer to get a pin inyour ass withall that speed..lol