PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Minx - Restored - $11,500 (Not Mine)

jstrahn
11-18-2010, 01:45 AM
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/2066416435.html

Text:
Beautiful, fast and fun describe this restored Donzi Minx. Equipped with massaged Merc 350 Magnum/Alpha it has 60+ mph performance. Recently professionally restored with new windshield, carpeting, canvas, instrumentation, steering, Gaffrig shifter, Awlgrip painted topsides. In very nice shape and ready to go. Has completely rebuilt galvanized trailer included.

Just Say N20
11-18-2010, 09:23 AM
It seems I have a new partner in finding/listing Donzis for Sale :yes:

Good job.

jstrahn
11-18-2010, 11:57 AM
It seems I have a new partner in finding/listing Donzis for Sale :yes:
Good job.

Indeed. I feel like we should be getting a fee from these sellers with the service we provide. :)

Now I just need to learn how to screen cap the auctions. Do you just do a regular print screen and then shrink the output in photoshop to post?

NJFASTECH
11-18-2010, 06:29 PM
I would like to to know some history on the resto. That is very cheap for a fully restored minx if it is? I just bought back the 87 from my son due to he is buying a home at 23 years old. I want to keep it in the the family and we have way more than that in the asking price of this one advertised . (which means it is still his ) I hope to re sell back to him if all goes well. And of course there is my Hornet II project sitting waiting on paint and interior,Structualy done ready to finish up.

DonziJon
11-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Based on the pictures..the New windshield is NOT a Minx windshield. It does not have the ...how do I describe....rolled over foreward wind deflector shape which is Totally Effective on the original Minx. Just sayin. No disrespect intended since all the other current Classics DO Not have this very desireable feature. :nilly: DJ

NJFASTECH
11-18-2010, 07:07 PM
DJ,
We have the same boat red and honey I would like to share some pics. We put a 350 MPI in her with a bravo drive. new computer need to get some finished pics. Search 87 minx post thats my son and 18ss was the start of the resto many moons back it is finished finally.

Just Say N20
11-19-2010, 06:27 AM
Indeed. I feel like we should be getting a fee from these sellers with the service we provide. :)

Nah. I do it because I enjoy it.

Now I just need to learn how to screen cap the auctions. Do you just do a regular print screen and then shrink the output in photoshop to post?

I work on MACs. You press the apple key, shift key and 4 key simultaneously and it lets you select the area you want to copy, kind of a selective screen print.

Once copied, I just upload that. They are saved as .png files, which work on this site.

No messing around with Photoshop on for sale items, unless someone posted a picture sideways or upside down. I will fix that so it is more easily viewable.

jstrahn
11-19-2010, 11:01 AM
I work on MACs. You press the apple key, shift key and 4 key simultaneously and it lets you select the area you want to copy, kind of a selective screen print.
Once copied, I just upload that. They are saved as .png files, which work on this site.
No messing around with Photoshop on for sale items, unless someone posted a picture sideways or upside down. I will fix that so it is more easily viewable.

:applecomp: That's cheating! ;)

I think there's a screencap manipulation program I can get for windows to do the same.

Definitely joking about the sellers paying us. I, too, enjoy finding Donzis for sale...especially something that is rare or a deal.

Thanks for the help. :beer:

cutwater
11-19-2010, 11:33 AM
I've used Gadwin for years on PC. Most useful program ever.

gcarter
11-19-2010, 11:43 AM
I would like to to know some history on the resto. That is very cheap for a fully restored minx if it is? I just bought back the 87 from my son due to he is buying a home at 23 years old. I want to keep it in the the family and we have way more than that in the asking price of this one advertised . (which means it is still his ) I hope to re sell back to him if all goes well. And of course there is my Hornet II project sitting waiting on paint and interior,Structualy done ready to finish up.

You must define "restored".
My "restored" Minx involved quite a bit more work than this boat, but then, that's nothing compared to the work on the TR.
My comments here have nothing to do w/the boat for sale, but restoring a boat to some might be getting the equivalance of an Earl Scheib paint job on an old beater. Many 20 + year old boats need more than a "fluff and buff".

NJFASTECH
11-19-2010, 07:06 PM
You must define "restored".
My "restored" Minx involved quite a bit more work than this boat, but then, that's nothing compared to the work on the TR.
My comments here have nothing to do w/the boat for sale, but restoring a boat to some might be getting the equivalance of an Earl Scheib paint job on an old beater. Many 20 + year old boats need more than a "fluff and buff".

Yah I do know of your project with your Minx. I did all the same stringers, transom, floor pads while split,years before yours, fuel tank and completely rerigged the boat. So thats my definition of restored. Not a fluff and buff!

gcarter
11-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Yah I do know of your project with your Minx. I did all the same stringers, transom, floor pads while split,years before yours, fuel tank and completely rerigged the boat. So thats my definition of restored. Not a fluff and buff!

Yep!
That's what I'm talking about! :wink: