PDA

View Full Version : 1982 Hornet II

Charlie Worthen
11-12-2010, 11:32 AM
I need to replace the plexiglass inserts of the windshield on my of my 1982 Hornet II. Should I go back to the original manufacturer or can I go elsewhere....and how much should I expect to pay??

HOWARD O
11-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Charlie, I have an '82 22' and am in need of replacing my windshield too. I've done some research, although I always seem to spend my money on something else!

This is the only place I've found and although they don't list my particular year, they have some 22 footers listed. Of course, they're all different in my years and I'd have to send them a template no matter if they list my year or not.

As for your Hornet, I haven't looked but I believe they will make them for you if you send them a template. Are they flat with no curves? Their prices are really pretty reasonable and you can choose your thickness as well as the color. But I would think if they're flat, it'd be a piece of cake. Hope this helps!

http://www.updplastics.com/index.htm

DonziJon
11-12-2010, 01:03 PM
UPD Plastics was mentioned in a thread here some time ago. DJ

LKSD
11-13-2010, 04:09 PM
We also do windshield replacements, basically though the more complex the curvature & the better the materials, the more expensive it is.. :)