PDA

View Full Version : I got my trailer title and plate!

fasttrucker
11-08-2010, 02:23 PM
It only took 5 and 1/2 months and now Iam legal!......Notice to all boat owners: When you buy a boat please do your paper work,so that when you sell it,you can get your money.The bank held this guys money :toiletpap in escrow for the 2007 trailer.Also I could have got a ticket going to the gas station down the street for no tag/reg.Well, I put the tag on today:party:

Just Say N20
11-08-2010, 03:18 PM
It seems that with boats, and boat trailers, people buy them, and then if there is time left on the registration(s) they simply use them, and never register them in their name, thereby avoiding paying sales tax and the registration fees.

The past 3 boats/trailers I have bought, either the boat, or the trailer, or both, were not registered to the people I purchased the boat from.

mrfixxall
11-08-2010, 03:53 PM
its nice having a house in wisconsin,,no plate needed :)

Offset
11-08-2010, 04:26 PM
I recently purchased a new to me 1994 Donzi Classic 22 with a Loadmaster Aluminum (Florida) trailer that was imported into Canada 4 years ago from Oregon. The guy I bought it from changed the boat registration but not the trailer. If it had not been for a great marina, Walkers Point Marine in Muskoka, I do not think I could have got the ownership for the trailer. The guy I bought it from said he had all the correct paperwork, he to my surprise did not. Long story short, I got the paperwork and plate and I really have to thank Loadmaster, they went over an above to help with the registration.

Glad you were able to sort out your license issues, that is a long time to have the money held up.

Murray Adam

P.S. Can anyone tell me how you post a new message on the board. I registered but cannot find anywhere that will allow me to post. Maybe I am not allowed to post at this point, tried the administrator but did not get a reply. Thanks in advance for any help.

mrfixxall
11-08-2010, 05:18 PM
I recently purchased a new to me 1994 Donzi Classic 22 with a Loadmaster Aluminum (Florida) trailer that was imported into Canada 4 years ago from Oregon. The guy I bought it from changed the boat registration but not the trailer. If it had not been for a great marina, Walkers Point Marine in Muskoka, I do not think I could have got the ownership for the trailer. The guy I bought it from said he had all the correct paperwork, he to my surprise did not. Long story short, I got the paperwork and plate and I really have to thank Loadmaster, they went over an above to help with the registration.

Glad you were able to sort out your license issues, that is a long time to have the money held up.

Murray Adam

P.S. Can anyone tell me how you post a new message on the board. I registered but cannot find anywhere that will allow me to post. Maybe I am not allowed to post at this point, tried the administrator but did not get a reply. Thanks in advance for any help.
can you see where it reads new trend at the top of which link your on,click it and post away..

Offset
11-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Thanks Mr. Fixxall I hope my boat is faster than my computer skills!!

Appreciated.

Murray Adam

Cuda
11-08-2010, 07:26 PM
In Florida there is no title required.
I had eight boats on trailers, two utility trailers and three trailer tags for all of them. If I got pulled over, I was going to just plead ignorance that I put the wrong tag on.

The Hedgehog
11-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Bama is nice too. No tags.

fasttrucker
11-09-2010, 02:40 PM
It seems that with boats, and boat trailers, people buy them, and then if there is time left on the registration(s) they simply use them, and never register them in their name, thereby avoiding paying sales tax and the registration fees.

The past 3 boats/trailers I have bought, either the boat, or the trailer, or both, were not registered to the people I purchased the boat from.
That what I think this guy did.He saved the tax and reg. fees.But he had nothing no title,no reg. nothing.He ended up getting a new title from the trailer company.