PDA

View Full Version : Did we decide what this is.?

fogducker III
11-03-2010, 10:20 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemnext&item=170560125138.html#v4-35

I am having a hard time figuring out what this is.....??

Originally it was posted on a Craigs list ad as a possible X-18 and then the owner now put it on Ebay.....

I could be wrong but the lines and some of the detail say it is not a Donzi.......?

Rob M
11-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Not a Donzi.

jstrahn
11-03-2010, 10:43 AM
That's going to be one very unhappy buyer when they realize they've just bought a boat that has been misrepresented.

maddad
11-03-2010, 11:27 AM
To me, it sort of has the low freeboard in the back that the smaller Apaches had, but the vee looks more like the shallower pitch of a Velocity.

fogducker III
11-03-2010, 11:49 AM
I emailed the Ebay seller and asked for the HIN and stated that I thought it might not be a Donzi...

He responded with this:

Really, The boat is ABSOLUTLY a DONZI
And yoy are who?
maybe you should think. before making comments

- sandy12980

jstrahn
11-03-2010, 11:54 AM
I emailed the Ebay seller and asked for the HIN and stated that I thought it might not be a Donzi...

He responded with this:

And yoy are who?

- sandy12980

I had previously messaged the seller asking/stating the same thing and got no response.

Pretty unfortunate that there are people out there that will try to put one over on a buyer even when they've been provided information to prevent the situation.

somerville99
11-03-2010, 12:49 PM
sat for the last two years. It's not running and now needs TLC? That one year it ran must have been hell!

blackboat
11-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Could be a TOPAZ

dbjackson
11-03-2010, 04:45 PM
it had a 351 windsor v-drive

DannyK
11-03-2010, 08:48 PM
One of the ad's pics isn't even the same boat. The pic is from Donzi's website. Looks like a very shady deal to me.

2donzi2
11-04-2010, 05:39 AM

He responded with this:

And yoy are who?

- sandy12980

Think I would have responded it's absolutely not a DONZI. Other than the boat being painted similar to the brochure boat he has posted, the boat looks "nothing" like an 18. The rear flares up more and is even shallower than an 18, no cockpit liner and looks to be wider as well.

Just Say N20
11-04-2010, 06:55 AM
Not a Donzi.

Everything is wrong. Engine hatch size/shape. No cockpit liner, and I couldn't see a ski locker although there are no pictures showing that area. It looks like the pictures were re-sized without locking the aspect ratio, so everything is too wide. It looks like that transom is foamed behind the engine? Grab rail is wrong. Too much flair at the transom, but this could be from incorrectly resizing.

And it is claimed to be a 1973. Hull ID numbers were not required prior to Nov 1973, so it is very likely not to have any on the starboard transom of this boat.

Paperwork for the boat could also be wrong because of the age, and if the original paper work was ever lost/replaced. My boat is titled as a 1968, although it was definitely made in April 1967, well before the new model year.

Unless more accurate pictures can be produced, showing more details of the boat, judging by the pictures provided, I am very confident this isn't a Donzi.

VetteLT193
11-04-2010, 07:14 AM
it had a 351 windsor v-drive

I think we have a winner on Topaz. Fuel fill, stern flair, interior, and everything except for the side strakes match. and I'm guessing that side strake was just an add on so could have been removed.

That pic brings back memories... not of the Topaz, but of the Chris Craft in the background of the picture. I spent a good many days on the exact sister to that boat :wink: Good times.

h20loo
11-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Pachanga?

Tidbart
11-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Since the boat has been sold, I wonder if the new owner will show up here and start asking questions about his new "Donzi".:bonk::boggled: