PDA

View Full Version : 1966 St.Tropez 19ft.

Oceanside Jim
11-02-2010, 11:13 AM
What I am interested in is, any information anyone can give me about these boats, production numbers, whether any other survive, how long they were produced, copies of adds, just anything anyone would think interesting.
Thanks ,
Oceanside Jim :shades:

Greg Guimond
11-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Welcome .........you have folks here who will comment

VetteLT193
11-02-2010, 12:38 PM
102 produced.

Most of the ones I have seen have candy striped interior. hot looking boat with it. There have been a few for sale over the last couple of years.

http://www.donzi.org/forum/showthread.php/514-The-Donzi-Classic-Model-Listing

Morgan's Cloud
11-04-2010, 11:57 AM
From one owner to another .... :kingme:
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59029&highlight=St+Tropez

Oceanside Jim
11-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks Guys, for the replies, I've been going through the Registry and see that lots of what I was looking for was already here, Great. I will be reporting on my project in the Projects section rather than here in Performance Talk, look for the 66 St. Tropez, Thanks!

Sweet Cheekz
11-08-2010, 06:58 PM
MC
Well done!

Parnell

Oceanside Jim
11-08-2010, 07:00 PM
From one owner to another .... :kingme:
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59029&highlight=St+Tropez
I looked over you resto project, very nicely done. What I've got planned is very similar, I'm using a PCM 350 and new Alpha drive with some performance upgrades, Stainless Marine manifolds and risers, T-bolt ignition, and relocation of fuel tank. (to be finalized when I can see the boat in the water and get her on her lines) I decided that I would incorporate some modern elements in an attempt to improve on the already excellent hull. I've made some changes to the bottom, I added a pad , changed the location of the trim tabs, and raised the X- dimension. I pulled the forward fuel tank, I don't believe in having fuel in the bow, to much effect on trim. I changed the center console extensively, closed the access hatch on the front ,(helps save the stuff under the console, particularly in salt water) I added a insulated cooler under the console seat, opened up the back under the steering wheel and added a shelf to better utilize the space under the console. I'm pulling off all the unnecessary rod holders, vents and other protruding items which could possibility cause damage to the occupants while running, have added 53 gal. fuel capacity, under the console, and added a fresh water tank and wash down. I'll try to but together some pics. I would be interested in any performance data you have on your boat and your impressions of how it runs, love to see some pictures of it trimmed out. I though I'd put some thing together and post in Projects, look for 66 St.Tropez, Owner to Owner:wink:

Morgan's Cloud
11-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Sounds like you've got your work cut out for yourself ..

About the front tank .. I've tried to find out from other St T owners about the variations in fuel systems that some of them seemed to come with. Some guys have only one tank and claim that it appears that they came that way. Mine definitely had two from the factory. Unless you cut into the lazarette in front of the console , I don't know how you can put a much larger tank under the console other than the approx 22 gallon original one.

I have a feeling that your planned power package is close in weight to what my original was , but back then I wasn't able to use the front tank. The new engine/drive is a bit heavier than the old 351/Alpha1 and I can now put 24 gallons in the bow , and trust me , I need it. This thing runs very very bow light. Pos trim is barely even needed ! Of course I didn't make any bottom mods other than strengthening and truing up.

If your engine can get 260hp to the prop , you'll be happy , I can assure you.

Believe it it not , I still haven't done a WOT speed test yet. The handling issue I had to resolve with the original single prop unit and the switchover to the DP was only done last summer and I didn't go over this year.
I have no doubt though that we're looking at a very 'light' 60 with no trouble , but I can plane easily at 2300rpm sipping the gas.