PDA

View Full Version : Keep Grizz in your prayers.....

Inferno
11-01-2010, 06:31 PM
We just talked with Barbara and Griz is in "acute respiratory failure" and he has a septic infection in his lungs and his BP is under 100...his O2 levels are much less than 100% and he is not oxygentaing. He is on antibiotics but it is very serious. Please keep Griz and Barb in your prayers! Stan and Susan Pike

DonziJon
11-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Previous news was not good in spite of the optimism shown on this board. This does not look good..but we must Continue to be optomistic....:yes:.................I don't know what more to say. John

MadPoodle
11-01-2010, 08:07 PM
We just talked with Barbara and Griz is in "acute respiratory failure" and he has a septic infection in his lungs and his BP is under 100...his O2 levels are much less than 100% and he is not oxygenating. He is on antibiotics but it is very serious. Please keep Griz and Barb in your prayers! Stan and Susan Pike

Folks, not going to sugarcoat it, Randy and Barb need your prayers. Randy's tough, tougher then I'll ever be, but he's had this new challenge tossed at him, and he needs our prayers and thoughts to help him keep the strength he needs to beat this.

We just left the hospital, he's a bit more stable then earlier today, but he's not out of the woods by any stretch of the imagination. We will not have any concrete information available until the labs come back, but it is looking more like a major infection at this stage. The doctors have begun preparatory treatment, which they will adjust once the labs come back, but until then no one has any answers.

Barbara is aware there are a lot of people pulling for them, and appreciates it more then you will ever know. Please let her have some space to deal with what's important right now, and I will do my best to keep you all informed.

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and friendship.

Marlin275
11-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Pulling and
in our thoughts,
prayers . . . Randy
owner of Donzis since 1966 !

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59045&d=1286126959

Grizzlies are normally solitary active animals,
but in coastal areas the grizzly congregates alongside streams, lakes, rivers, and ponds
in Donzis
during the salmon spawn.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59600&stc=1&d=1288662387

ChromeGorilla
11-01-2010, 09:20 PM
God bless both Randy and Barbara. May he give them both the strength they need right now!

Greg Guimond
11-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Grizz will pull through........he's helped too many folks and we all are thinking positive.

mrfixxall
11-01-2010, 09:49 PM
praying for grizz's full recovery:angel:

Donzi Vol
11-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Randy, Barb and doctors are in my prayers tonight. Thanks for the updates

Ed Donnelly
11-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Candles lit and prayers being said...............Ed

yeller
11-02-2010, 04:45 AM
We truly wish him well and will send him positive thoughts daily.

Carl C
11-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Very sad news. Thinking about you big guy!

txtaz
11-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Griz and Barb are in our thoughts and prayers. He will pull through this. I did with Gods help.
Someone might mention using a roto-prone bed. It saved me when I was in respiratory failure.
God bless them and all who have helped and continue to help in every manner they can.
Wes and Jennifer

Sweet Cheekz
11-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the update Scott

We have him and Barb in our prayers

Parnell

MOP
11-02-2010, 09:24 AM
:frown: God please take care of him!

tamburello
11-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Prayers for Grizz Barb and the family

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-02-2010, 08:42 PM
A note from Barb on FACEBOOK, we lost the Griz.
I am not here on Donzi.Net often anymore, but wanted to make sure all that loved his spirit knew the news.
Him and Barb hosted me the summer of 08 while in Atlanta, for a few weekends, we really connected.
He will be greatly missed.
Bryan Tuvell

Barbara Schulz Carabelli November 2 at 9:06pm Reply • Report
Just a quick note to let you all know that Randy passed away this morning. We will be cremating him here and bringing him home. We plan on having a Celebration of his Life at a later date. Will let you all know when.

Love,
Barb

McGary911
11-02-2010, 09:01 PM
wow. That's bad. :garfield:

RIP Crit' bro'.

maddad
11-02-2010, 09:07 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss Barbara. Rest in peace Randy.

Ghost
11-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Very, very sad news...at a loss for words. We'll miss you greatly Randy. Barb, I'm so sorry for your loss. You and yours are in our thoughts and prayers. Mike & Lisa

John C in PA
11-02-2010, 09:16 PM
We're sorry for your loss Barb.

John & Linda C.

scippy
11-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Pretty sobering to here this news!..........We'll miss ya Griz!

HOWARD O
11-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Terrible news. My deepest sympathies and prayers to his wife, Barbara and their family.

I never met Randy in person, but I feel like I've lost a brother. I guess most all of us here can say the same thing. What a huge loss to our little community, he'll be deeply missed. :frown:

Mr X
11-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Horrible news, Godspeed Griz. You will be missed.

mrfixxall
11-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Terrible news. My deepest sympathies and prayers to his wife, Barbara and their family.

I never met Randy in person, but I feel like I've lost a brother. I guess most all of us here can say the same thing. What a huge loss to our little community, he'll be deeply missed. :frown:

Ditto! RIP GRIZZ:angel:

Carl C
11-02-2010, 10:23 PM
He will never be forgotten. :angel:

VetteLT193
11-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Randy, every time I touch an engine for the rest of my life I will have you with me. Rest in Peace. May God look after you and you after us Donzi nuts!

osur866
11-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Sorry for your loss Barb. He will be missed greatly, Steve

farmer tx
11-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Very sorry for your loss Barbara, Grizz was a class act. My fondest memory of Randy was touring the Miami shoreline at night by boat with great friends.

MOP
11-03-2010, 06:26 AM
Any of us that came in contact with Griz knew he was cut from different cloth, special for sure a type of person many would love to be. I am at a loss for words to match my all feelings!

God Bless Buddy!

M.O.P.

Zinger
11-03-2010, 07:11 AM
We all had a great time up at Dust Off the past couple of year with Randy and Barb, he was a good guy to hang out with and just BS. We will all miss him, God bless him and his family.

Rootsy
11-03-2010, 07:17 AM
The Randy that we all knew was fearless. There is no doubt he is taking his new journey by the reigns.

jl1962
11-03-2010, 07:21 AM
Randy was a giant.

And he was a great friend.
Whether you knew him for 15 years or 15 minutes (and I was closer to the latter). He always assumed the best about people and always took the high road. He was generous with his time and his considerable knowledge and he was always the first to share either.

I don't have many of pictures of Randy, but this one from the 2008 Dust-Off says a lot about him. He had driven about 15 hours from Georgia and the boat probably ran for less than 15 minutes! Randy never complained - just got his tools and quietly, methodically went to work. Always with a smile.

At Donzi events for decades to come, people will remember Randy, share a story and drink a toast. For me, the image of him hobbling down the dock, wedging his old body into his old boat and expertly running it north of 85 MPH is indelible. But the real mark of his character is how he conducted himself the past two years. Anyone can make it look easy when things are going well and falling into place - try it sometime when they aren't. Hemingway defined courage as grace under pressure. And Randy had a lot of courage and a lot of sheer guts.

A contribution to the American Cancer Society has been made in Randy's memory.

Barb - be well and be strong. Many of us share your loss.

Godspeed Griz.

-Beth and Jay Lurie

Barry Eller
11-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Randy will be missed. I only met him once, at the Hometown Donzi Rally in Destin 2 years ago. He was a fine man. My condolences go out to Barbara and the rest of his family.

Ranman
11-03-2010, 07:32 AM
Very sad. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Randy's entire family during this difficult time.

smbarcelow
11-03-2010, 07:56 AM
I'm at a loss for words. My deepest sympathies and prayers are with his family and friends.

Ed Donnelly
11-03-2010, 06:37 PM
You will be missed my old friend...............Ed

NJFASTECH
11-03-2010, 06:53 PM
I am not a big poster here but I did have some conversations with the Grizz and my family wish him the best in the hereafter. We would like to extend our sympathy to your family God Bless.

GBond
11-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Condolences to the family. Met the Grizz at AOTH I . Stellar guy and very personable.

Tony
11-03-2010, 07:19 PM
My short contacts with Randy at some early AOTH's gave me a glimpse of his character, which of course was confirmed by the incomparable respect and admiration he garnered on this site.

RIP, Randy, and God bless your family.

mphatc
11-03-2010, 08:21 PM
I am deeply saddened, and like others, at a loss for words. We shared emails and a few phone conversations, Randy was one person I always wanted to meet.
Randy, for all you did, thank you! Godspeed to you, may your rooster tail always fly high!
Mario L.
1969 Corsican
1968 Magnum 27 with Grizzly Solas Thrust

tamburello
11-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Carabelli family. He was a great guy. - Jeff & Sarah

catch 22
11-04-2010, 05:39 AM
To Barb and family, our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Randy will truly be missed. He is at peace now.

Jim & Gina

Forrest
11-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Oh no, oh no . . . I can't believe what I'm reading here. This just can't be true.

I haven't been on the board much in the recent months and this terrible news really took me off-guard. I mean, I thought Randy was recovering and both he and Barb would be at the next Eufaula event. I feel really bad that I haven't paid attention to what's going on. You know, I should have known that some was really wrong when he missed the first Eufaula event ever.

This is just awful, I can't imagine Big Grizzly not being around anymore. He helped me out in so many ways and he and Barb were always such great people to be around.

Barb, Ginny and I, and I'm sure that anyone else who ever had the pleasure to spend time with Randy, are so sorry to hear of his passing. Is there anything that we do for you?

Forrest & Ginny

dclassic
11-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Words cannot express our sympathies to Barb and the Carabelli family, not to mention the support team that has been at their side in Miami. The extended Donzi family and anyone who had the pleasure to meet Randy will miss him greatly. It is a great man that can mean so much to so many, we all thank you Randy. We are honored to have spent the time with Randy that we did and we will always remember his great smile.

CHACHI
11-13-2010, 05:24 AM
I realize that I am posting this very late, but I have been on a business trip since Halloween and this is my first time back.

Indeed this is very sad news and had to fathom.

I only met Randy and Barbara once at this years Dust Off.

With common interests in both motorcycles and boats, not only the conversation flew by but so did the time. A very knoweledgeable guy who was willing to share his knoweledge with anyone.

He will be missed.

Ken
God Speed

Walt. H.
11-22-2010, 11:37 AM
I too haven't been around here for a while so please accept my belated condolences.

Moody Blu'
03-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Sorry to bring this thread back up, I had no idea until mattyboy put the RIP sign next to griz in a thread. . I cried after seeing the thread that madad linked me to and then i read the 2nd page like it just happened. My condolences go out to the entire Carabelli family.

I learned more about engines, motorcycles, tuning and generosity from Randy then any other person on the planet besides myself by experience and research. He was almost always generous to help out or have a convo with right when I called. I called him up in the middle of the bay in my donzi while tuning my edelbrock carb (carter afb) and remember asking him about the needles and springs for that carb and how I had the carb top off right in the bay to tune it because I had a pop in my rpm at soft accel but on hard it wasnt there. First thing he did was express his concern about doing that as well as patting me on the back for doing it that way. gas spill was his concern and when I told him I had it all prepped in case spillage happened. He then patted me on the back so to speak for tuning it right on the bay to get it tuned right away. He gave me the info I needed and told me to call back. I called him back later after a couple needle and spring changes and let him know I got rid of the pop. we continued talking for at least a half hour laughing and story telling.

He privied me to some very interesting info which made me open my eyes up.he told me about the mobil one tv advertisement that had the two frying pans, one with conventional oil the other with "mobil one".... In the ad, the conventional oil is black and cooked and the other pan the "mobil one" oil was still liquid.... Randy told me that when they originally tried using the mobil one oil it was RUNNING AWAY from the heat!!!!! So mobil one asked him what they should do.. They used a SAE 30 weight oil for the ad.. Lesson? if mobil one runs away from the heat how is it protecting your engine bearings etc??? I never used mobil one again.

Another mobil one story, For instance, mobil one had him build a motor for them and they ran it at like 5-6k rpms with their mobil one in it, until it blew up. His motor blew up at 120 hours, mobil one built another and it blew up WAY sooner.... so the laughs on mobil one.

When he was at the honda plant in GA he saw 3 honda atv's that were prototypes, and me at the time owned a atv racing company and knew honda was going to release something to compete against yamahas yfz.... anyway he told me the 3 layouts of the quads and I was thankful. because it was prototype stuff and wasnt privy stuff for the public. at the time everyone was wondering what honda was coming out with and I had known because of randy's generosity of knowledge and trusted I would not leak it.

I spoke with him a lot and I never got to meet him and I can only see him when my time comes now. Out of all the people on the donzi forums he's the one guy I wanted to meet, hang out with, rip down the water next to, show him my boat and tinker with it . That won't happen now but his knowledge, generosity and love will be known and shared through me and most people hes been in contact with for a long time. I know for sure I will never forget him.

Here's to you Randy, may the heavens have the perfect race courses, conditions and power you can handle. May the boats be tsunami proof and may the calm dusk bays be refuge to relax in.

rest in peace Randy.

Carl C
03-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Nice tribute, Moody. Randy's legacy lives on in the many posts archived here and on other forums. He was always trying to help and to make peace when things got heated. We can never forget "Big Grizz" Randy because his posts keep popping up here when doing research. Thanks Randy :).

Buddyc
03-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Well said Guys, I never had the pleasure of meeting or even talking to him. His legacy paints him as a kind unselfish man that was more than happy to meet and help anyone... The world needs more people like him.
BTW, Loved his Corsican

Ed Donnelly
03-15-2012, 11:01 PM
That was very nice of you to post Moody.. He is missed...............Ed