PDA

View Full Version : Donzi GT 21 twin

TD
10-25-2010, 10:22 PM
:shocking:I sold my Donzis several years ago, but still lurk around here from time to time. Last week I was driving my mother to her winter home when I spotted this thing on the side of the road.
I drove back later and when I walked around to the rear, I couldn't believe my eyes! It has Volvo 290 drives and 351's. Belongs to a guy that owns the pawn shop where it sits. Says it had been sitting for 10 years under cover at his mother's house. Also said he has a second one that is baby blue. I never saw it, but who knows. He wants $6000 for it and says it's very rare, only 3 or 4 ever built. This thing needs a total restoration. I looked on the right rear for a hull number, but found none.
I have no interest in it, so this is just to help those Donzi nuts looking for the obscure.
Owners name: Freddie Bazemore 843-524-1153
dukeofpawn@gmail.com is email they gave me.
Good luck all and if anyone should buy it please keep me in the loop as to it's restoration.
Terrell

fogducker III
10-25-2010, 10:37 PM
I feel a road trip coming on..............:yes:

mrfixxall
10-25-2010, 11:02 PM
I feel a road trip coming on..............:yes:

I DARE YOU:yes: come get your x whyle your at it.......

axelkloehn
10-26-2010, 06:37 AM
might be a hull # behind the dash, written with marker under fiberglass, or under the frontdeck next to the dash, if there is also none it is far before 1969. Somebody cut the instrument panel on the right, may be there was a #. The center panel with the 10 gauges looks cool!

Wonder what the performance is with the twin engine and their extra weight, mine goes a bit over 60mph with single standard sbc.

Could be a good base for a real beast with the twins!!! :yes:

oledawg
10-26-2010, 08:12 AM
South Carolina? Charleston?

gcarter
10-26-2010, 08:21 AM
might be a hull # behind the dash, written with marker under fiberglass, or under the frontdeck next to the dash, if there is also none it is far before 1969. Somebody cut the instrument panel on the right, may be there was a #. The center panel with the 10 gauges looks cool!

Wonder what the performance is with the twin engine and their extra weight, mine goes a bit over 60mph with single standard sbc.

Could be a good base for a real beast with the twins!!! :yes:
Axel, at that price, you might could get it home for about $10K.
Your boat needs company.

axelkloehn
10-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Axel, at that price, you might could get it home for about $10K.
Your boat needs company.

my GT will have good company soon, when my new garage is finished, next to my cars and bikes- first time I will see them all together :)

Just Say N20
10-26-2010, 09:53 AM
What a find!

This kind of thing kills me.

TD
10-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Boats located in Beaufort, S.C. The baby blue one he said has 302's in it.
I never saw it though.:popcorn:
Someone call him. I am back home in Kentucky now, so I won't be able to look at them for anyone.
Terrell

Craig S
10-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Sweet! Especially with the 351s!

boldts
12-01-2011, 02:32 PM
I've always liked the 21GT. Was a blue & white one with twins for sale years ago that had been restored. Wanted it then, just wrong time for me. I was just like to keep up on it from time to time. Found this thread in a goggle search.

ZekesterbluH3
08-13-2021, 11:00 AM
I tried to buy and trade for one or both and got no where...they are both gone now...

anyone know where?