PDA

View Full Version : Need a Boost and Fuel Pressure Gauge?

fogducker III
10-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Need a boost/vacuum gauge and a fuel pressure gauge....prefer white face but beggars can't be choosers.....:wink:

yeller
10-18-2010, 07:00 PM
If you don't care about the vacuum side, I have a spare boost gauge you can have. 0~15, white face, white trim.

fogducker III
10-18-2010, 07:21 PM
If you don't care about the vacuum side, I have a spare boost gauge you can have. 0~15, white face, white trim.

Thanks man, what do you mean about the vacuum side....:confused:

I thought it was one tube connection to the manifold?

yeller
10-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Thanks man, what do you mean about the vacuum side....:confused:

I thought it was one tube connection to the manifold?I just meant if you didn't care to have a vacuum/boost gauge, I have a boost only gauge.

fogducker III
10-20-2010, 03:16 PM
I just meant if you didn't care to have a vacuum/boost gauge, I have a boost only gauge.

I thought they were one in the same, shows what I know.....thanks for the offer, bring it with you when you and Bobbi come up for dinner and pick up your leg....:wink:

gcarter
10-20-2010, 03:46 PM
I thought they were one in the same, shows what I know.....thanks for the offer, bring it with you when you and Bobbi come up for dinner and pick up your leg....:wink:

I think, but I'm not sure, that a vacuum/boost gauge is more like a barometer rather than a typical pressure gauge.
It could be either a diaphram, or a Bourdon tube, but in either case it's capable of reading anything above absolute minimum pressure.

fogducker III
10-20-2010, 05:07 PM
I think, but I'm not sure, that a vacuum/boost gauge is more like a barometer rather than a typical pressure gauge.
It could be either a diaphram, or a Bourdon tube, but in either case it's capable of reading anything above absolute minimum pressure.

I think I get it.....:boggled:

I thought a vacuum/boost gauge just displays the increase in vacuum in the manifold, hence showing the increase in boost which has been increased because of the increase in vacuum?

BUIZILLA
10-20-2010, 06:19 PM
I think I get it.....:boggled:

I thought a vacuum/boost gauge just displays the increase in vacuum in the manifold, hence showing the increase in boost which has been increased because of the increase in vacuum? huh? :bonk::nilly:

fogducker III
10-20-2010, 07:36 PM
huh? :bonk::nilly:

Does "boost" not mean additional fuel/air mix?

I thought when the vacuum increased the requirment for more fuel and air increases, hence more boost?

BUIZILLA
10-20-2010, 08:44 PM
I thought when the vacuum increased the requirment for more fuel and air increases, hence more boost? < think about your statement ;)

The Hedgehog
10-20-2010, 08:47 PM
Does "boost" not mean additional fuel/air mix?

I thought when the vacuum increased the requirment for more fuel and air increases, hence more boost?

You will draw vacuum in idle (like all motors) as you bring it up, your blower will pick up speed. Somewhere around 4,000 rpm or so you will get to around zero on the vacuum and go into boost. Boost is basically when you have positive atmospheric pressure. Hopefully up to 5 lbs. In reality you will probably only build 4lbs since you have a better than stock exhaust. I am sure that Mark told you that. He told me the same when I added Dana's to my 502 mag. He was on the money.

If you load it more earlier, you may go into boost at a lower RPM. Also understand that you are torque loading your drive. At lower speed you can think of a vac/boost gave as a drive saving indicator.

fogducker III
10-20-2010, 09:00 PM
You will draw vacuum in idle (like all motors) as you bring it up, your blower will pick up speed. Somewhere around 4,000 rpm or so you will get to around zero on the vacuum and go into boost. Boost is basically when you have positive atmospheric pressure. Hopefully up to 5 lbs. In reality you will probably only build 4lbs since you have a better than stock exhaust. I am sure that Mark told you that. He told me the same when I added Dana's to my 502 mag. He was on the money.

If you load it more earlier, you may go into boost at a lower RPM. Also understand that you are torque loading your drive. At lower speed you can think of a vac/boost gave as a drive saving indicator.

Comprende, thanks for the explaination....:)

fogducker III
10-20-2010, 09:02 PM
< think about your statement ;)

Buiz, to some people this is second nature, not to others....if I knew the answer to my question I would not have posted it....:boggled: