PDA

View Full Version : Reprograming an ECM..?

fogducker III
10-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Hedge mentioned that Mark Boos can do it, does anybody know of anyone else who can reprogram a 1997 454 Mag MPI ECM running a M-1SC Procharger?

The motor is being rebuilt to stock specs other then roller rockers....not sure what needs to be done or who can do it...?

mrfixxall
10-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Hedge mentioned that Mark Boos can do it, does anybody know of anyone else who can reprogram a 1997 454 Mag MPI ECM running a M-1SC Procharger?

The motor is being rebuilt to stock specs other then roller rockers....not sure what needs to be done or who can do it...?

option #2

http://www.obd2allinone.com/sc/details.asp?item=mefitune

fogducker III
10-14-2010, 08:55 PM
option #2

http://www.obd2allinone.com/sc/details.asp?item=mefitune

Good call, I did a Google but didn't find that....

After going through the 2nd hand Procharger "kit" I got I need to get some major parts and do some re-configuring.....$$$

If I decided not to use the Procharger what do I need to do to the motor to get some hp while being fair on the budget?

Heads, roller rockers, decent pistons and rings and perhaps a slightly more aggresive cam...?

mrfixxall
10-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Good call, I did a Google but didn't find that....

After going through the 2nd hand Procharger "kit" I got I need to get some major parts and do some re-configuring.....$$$

If I decided not to use the Procharger what do I need to do to the motor to get some hp while being fair on the budget?

Heads, roller rockers, decent pistons and rings and perhaps a slightly more aggresive cam...?

best bang for the buck would be a stroker kit but that can also add up..

Blow it, would be cheeper...

fogducker III
10-15-2010, 08:55 AM
best bang for the buck would be a stroker kit but that can also add up..

Blow it, would be cheeper...

Other then a stroker kit, would I see extra HP from working the heads, cam and pistons...? :confused:

BUIZILLA
10-15-2010, 09:13 AM
uhhhhhhhhhhh

he11 yeah :wink:

mrfixxall
10-15-2010, 09:23 AM
yes! but for the money you spend on a set of iron heads you may as well put a set of alunimum heads on.. then you will still have to program the ecu..Blow it! :)

The Hedgehog
10-15-2010, 09:40 AM

Been out of pocket a bit but will get back to you. Eddie Young and Tyler do it.

Isaid Mark because he has a zillion cals on his pc. PMEFI.com. Drop Tex's name (Bryan Rose). He has spent some time with him. So has Grizz.

fogducker III
10-15-2010, 10:09 AM
Been out of pocket a bit but will get back to you. Eddie Young and Tyler do it.

Isaid Mark because he has a zillion cals on his pc. PMEFI.com. Drop Tex's name (Bryan Rose). He has spent some time with him. So has Grizz.

:):wink::thumbsup:

mrfixxall
10-15-2010, 10:43 AM
when your ready i have a sorce for gaskets to,,

fogducker III
10-15-2010, 10:48 AM
when your ready i have a sorce for gaskets to,,

The engine builder has a full set already.....:wink:

BUIZILLA
10-15-2010, 11:01 AM
why are you doing this?

what happened?

fogducker III
10-15-2010, 11:40 AM
why are you doing this?

what happened?

The hours on the motor were unknown, I could tell she was getting tired, compression was down, not bad, but down.

I also had a heating issue, that was probably solved when I found the old impeller pieces in the oil cooler.....:eek:

I got a Procharger for a good price, wanted to clean up the bilge and add some things like a sea strainer etc so thought it was a good time to do it.....:)

Plus 65mph wasn't doing it for me.....:wink:

fogducker III
10-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Just got off the phone with Mark Boos, very helpful guy, along with info from him and Mr.Fix the plan is to rebuild the 454Mag to basically stock specs and add the Procharger, then send the ECM to Mark for reprograming.

Plan to use the following for the rebuild: SRP JE pistons and rings, Manly extreme duty inconal (sp?) exhaust valves, ARP head studs and all other fasteners swapped to ARP, Victor gaskets and Scorpion roller rockers....

Need to contact Procharger for additional pieces and round up parts for cooling....Mr.Fix, pm me details on the crossover and thermostat housing you mentioned...??? Also need to find a sea strainer or two and a couple of pressure relief valves....there goes the kids college money....:boggled:

Thanks to all that helped with suggestions etc...I do appreciate it...:)

Wish me luck.....:crossfing: