PDA

View Full Version : more Sweet 16 questions

John C in PA
10-10-2010, 08:57 PM
John C

LKSD
10-11-2010, 07:07 AM
Is the cockpit snap-on cover suitable for trailering? If yes, does anyone know a source? Lakeside? Also, can anyone recommend a full cover suitable for trailering? I'm not sure if the aftermarket ones being sold are made for a boat without a windshield.

None of the factory manuals I got with my rig indicate the HP on the 5.0 L HO (with 500 CFM 2 bbl carb). Anybody know?

Thx, John C
Yes, We do covers, both custom & generic. Some do trailer with them, but you really have to watch them and make sure they fit snug.

The same thing with full covers. However a full cover needs to really be insulated & strapped down tight to pull with them on. Also it needs to be soft & very clean... Otherwise it is asking for trouble as they can really do a bad # on the boats finish in a short amount of time.

Some that do on occasion pull with a full cover on will insulate the boat from the cover & use clean old bed sheets or a clean old blanket..

Personally I don't really recommend pulling with a full cover if you can at all help it.. ;)

Hope that helps.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

John C in PA
10-11-2010, 08:00 AM
John C

LKSD
10-11-2010, 09:12 AM
I will try to give you a call today if you dont beat me too it.. I have so much going on at the moment it is easier to talk by phone as always...Either way I know I can hook you up with what you need. J:wink:

oledawg
10-11-2010, 03:45 PM
When I had my cockpit cover made the guy came to the boat shop that does my work, measured, cut, sewed, etc. to make sure that it fit perfectly. Has heavy rubberized fabric reinforcement on the inside corners of the windshield, etc. I suggest that you do that at LKSD if you go that route since it sounds like he is close. There are dozens of Sunbrella colors to choose from. Works great for towing. Agree totally about not attempting to tow with a full cover, almost impossible not to have some problem. BTW I think that the 302 with 2 barrel is rated at 190 hp and with the 4 barrel 225 hp.

LKSD
10-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Thanks for your support Ole'..

He is correct a proper fitting well made cover with good insulators in the proper places is a beautiful thing.. ;) :) Jamie